Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our inept FO strikes again...
“They said I had something with my shoulder or something that — I don’t have anything with my shoulder,” Barrett said. “That’s when they pulled off, which had me pretty upset because I was putting all my eggs into that basket. I thought Cincinnati would have been the right move for me and they offered me a two-year contract and my agent was sure he could get me up a little bit more than what they offered so it would have been the most money I’d ever made with the most security. And that’s all I wanted was security and stability for my family. It was a gut shot once they pulled the contract offer, but I didn’t hear from anybody else about anything from the teams I visited about any shoulder injury because I never had a shoulder injury.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He is surounded by a ton more talent than we have on defense. JPP,Suh,White,David...those guys are pretty damn good. Odds of probability would lean towards him having success. That said, it wreaks of inept front office Bengalism and their staff of the seven dwarves.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 02:43 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He is surounded by a ton more talent than we have on defense. JPP,Suh,White,David...those guys are pretty damn good. Odds of probability would lean towards him having success. That said, it wreaks of inept front office Bengalism and their staff of the seven dwarves.

Exactly. The point is he would have absolutely helped the worst pass rush in the league. And our joke medical staff came up with some phantom shoulder injury that no other team found. It’s just comical how badly this franchise is being run.

Reply/Quote
I don’t criticize the FO to often but this is embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
It sounds like something the FO would do, sadly.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Bungles gonna bungle
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Is there a link somewhere to this story?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 09:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is there a link somewhere to this story?

It’s from The Athletic, but several sites have picked it up.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/shaq-barrett-explains-why-the-bengals-passed-on-him-in-free-agency

Reply/Quote
All Bengals the last 2 years: 48 sacks (last in NFL)
Shaq Barrett the last 2 years: 27.5 sacks

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not surprising. We're too busy designing uniforms and deciding whether to keep the "B" logo to be bothered with evaluating players.

Gotta have priorities.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 09:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s from The Athletic, but several sites have picked it up.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/shaq-barrett-explains-why-the-bengals-passed-on-him-in-free-agency

Maybe the medical staff ran an MRI, and saw something.  Maybe whatever they saw wasn't actually inhibiting his ability to play, but the med staff may have still seen it as a potential concern.  After all, this is the same med staff that had us thinking that AJ Green was coming back any time in 2019..  LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Of course the FO is inept.

The bigger issue is they seem so stubborn they refuse to learn from any of these embarrassing moments they've experienced. It's like they live in an alternative reality where they are disconnected from their reputations (fan criticism etc) and thus refuse to change.

Point being, the ineptitude will continue.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Bengals medical staff is infamous.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hasn’t the Bengals medical staff been largely the same for the past 30 years? Yeah, might be time for some serious changes there. Incompetence should never be tolerated, even if nepotism tries gets in the way Whatever
Reply/Quote
At this point, its more surprising when stuff like this DOESN'T happen. This is just the norm anymore.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I doubt it's the medical staff, but the morons who use medical issues as excuses at every turn. That said I'm not one to trust doctors and medical personnel anyway, but when those with the actual decision making powers make poor decisions at every turn can make any doctor look like a quack. Just look at the trump administration with the covid issues..  Perhaps Hamilton County voters should opt to buy out the Brown family and risk eternal bankruptcy issues long after western civilization has ended..After all...the NFL can NEVER lose money...right?  Hilarious The brown family wouldn't sell a dead goose unable to lay golden eggs would they? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 09:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All Bengals the last 2 years: 48 sacks (last in NFL)
Shaq Barrett the last 2 years: 27.5 sacks

And yet when he visited here, he was hardly ever considered a starter in his five years in Denver. 20-20 vision is so easy even a caveman can do it....
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 11:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And yet when he visited here, he was hardly ever considered a starter in his five years in Denver. 20-20 vision is so easy even a caveman can do it....

See? You missed out on gamestop stock I bet too...didn't ya? It's not too late to invest in 8 tracks!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'd also point out that besides the Bengals, only Tampa Bay even gave him a look when his price tag was cheap. So if our front office is inept, what does that make the other 30 teams?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 11:21 AM)grampahol Wrote: I doubt it's the medical staff, but the morons who use medical issues as excuses at every turn. That said I'm not one to trust doctors and medical personnel anyway, but when those with the actual decision making powers make poor decisions at every turn can make any doctor look like a quack. Just look at the trump administration with the covid issues..  Perhaps Hamilton County voters should opt to buy out the Brown family and risk eternal bankruptcy issues long after western civilization has ended..After all...the NFL can NEVER lose money...right?  Hilarious The brown family wouldn't sell a dead goose unable to lay golden eggs would they? 

Never underestimate the incompetence of people in the medical field.  My mom was diagnosed with leukemia in November '19 and told she two months to live this past September.  She goes to a different hospital with different doctors and now she' got to remission last month.
Reply/Quote