Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our inept FO strikes again...
Face it, if they had signed him and he did not do well in this system, and it was later found out the doctors saw something on the MRI they didn't like but the team signed him anyway, we would be reading a thread about how incompetent the Front Office and Medical Staff was for signing an injured player. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 02:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Face it, if they had signed him and he did not do well in this system, and it was later found out the doctors saw something on the MRI they didn't like but the team signed him anyway, we would be reading a thread about how incompetent the Front Office and Medical Staff was for signing an injured player. 

Antonio Bryant All over again
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 02:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Face it, if they had signed him and he did not do well in this system, and it was later found out the doctors saw something on the MRI they didn't like but the team signed him anyway, we would be reading a thread about how incompetent the Front Office and Medical Staff was for signing an injured player. 

uh...yeah..but that didn't happen.

What did happen was they missed on a guy thats killing it right now. Right or wrong its not a good look for them.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 02:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “They said I had something with my shoulder or something that — I don’t have anything with my shoulder,” Barrett said. “That’s when they pulled off, which had me pretty upset because I was putting all my eggs into that basket. I thought Cincinnati would have been the right move for me and they offered me a two-year contract and my agent was sure he could get me up a little bit more than what they offered so it would have been the most money I’d ever made with the most security. And that’s all I wanted was security and stability for my family. It was a gut shot once they pulled the contract offer, but I didn’t hear from anybody else about anything from the teams I visited about any shoulder injury because I never had a shoulder injury.”

Weird stuff, so this was last FA or the year before?

Would of been a great pick up for us as Shaq has played great in Tampa. Why make up an injury?

All of this is confusing to me.Say What
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 02:27 PM)R3stangs Wrote: uh...yeah..but that didn't happen.

What did happen was they missed on a guy thats killing it right now. Right or wrong its not a good look for them.

It’s really this simple. Not sure why some folks feel the need to try and spin fantasy scenarios. Just admit they messed up and move on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Weird stuff, so this was last FA or the year before?

Would of been a great pick up for us as Shaq has played great in Tampa. Why make up an injury?

All of this is confusing to me.Say What

This was before he went to Tampa. 2018.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 02:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This was before he went to Tampa. 2018.

Thanks, stupid to make up an injury. You don't want these types of things floating around out there about your FO.

Surprised we were able to have as good of a FA last Offseason after this happened.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 02:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s really this simple. Not sure why some folks feel the need to try and spin fantasy scenarios. Just admit they messed up and move on.

It's not really that simple. They didn't take him, and he went to Tampa and produced. That doesn't make the medical staff inept. It means they made a decision based on the information at hand. No one knows if he came here whether he would be the guy he is in Tampa, or if he would still be the guy he was in Denver. Not sure why some folks feel the need to act like everyone should have a crystal ball and never make a decision that didn't work out the way they thought. Just admit you're looking at it with 20-20 hindsight and anyone can make those decisions when the outcome is known.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 05:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not really that simple. They didn't take him, and he went to Tampa and produced. That doesn't make the medical staff inept. It means they made a decision based on the information at hand. No one knows if he came here whether he would be the guy he is in Tampa, or if he would still be the guy he was in Denver. Not sure why some folks feel the need to act like everyone should have a crystal ball and never make a decision that didn't work out the way they thought. Just admit you're looking at it with 20-20 hindsight and anyone can make those decisions when the outcome is known.

Has nothing to do with “crystal balls.” It’s very simple: Barrett would have helped our defense. Period.

Doesn’t matter if he would have been elite, super duper elite, great, good, above average, whatever. He would have been a useful player to have, and we mistakenly diagnosed him with a shoulder injury HE DID NOT HAVE. Our loss. Tampa’s gain. Probably why they’re playing in the Super Bowl, and we haven’t won a playoff game since the first Bush administration.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 09:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So where is PFF getting 77? That’s quite a discrepancy.

He's listed as having 88 this year. I know they don't do 1/2 sacks, so they have him listed as having 11 this year so i'm guessing they go by their own count. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, stupid to make up an injury. You don't want these types of things floating around out there about your FO.

Surprised we were able to have as good of a FA last Offseason after this happened.

might have been something there that never caused him issue... Or might have just been an issue with their machine at the time?

where oh where did Donte Moch go lol
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 05:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not really that simple. They didn't take him, and he went to Tampa and produced. That doesn't make the medical staff inept. It means they made a decision based on the information at hand. No one knows if he came here whether he would be the guy he is in Tampa, or if he would still be the guy he was in Denver. Not sure why some folks feel the need to act like everyone should have a crystal ball and never make a decision that didn't work out the way they thought. Just admit you're looking at it with 20-20 hindsight and anyone can make those decisions when the outcome is known.

So how do we know if a medical staff is inept?  
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pretty sure the browns messed up the McCarron trade.   ton of missed oppertunities to do small things that could have changed things over the years.

While true, it's possible while they waited for the best possible offer/sweating the Browns out, they got over zealous and lost out without the chance to make the trade
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 07:30 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: While true, it's possible while they waited for the best possible offer/sweating the Browns out, they got over zealous and lost out without the chance to make the trade

Right, but they got greedy.  Normally, if you are selling something and someone agrees to buy it and then you try to twist his arm and ask for more and he walks away without buying anything at all you aren't going to be getting a pat on the back from the higher ups.

A real GM would have gotten fired for letting that deal fall apart.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 05:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has nothing to do with “crystal balls.” It’s very simple: Barrett would have helped our defense. Period.

Doesn’t matter if he would have been elite, super duper elite, great, good, above average, whatever. He would have been a useful player to have, and we mistakenly diagnosed him with a shoulder injury HE DID NOT HAVE. Our loss. Tampa’s gain. Probably why they’re playing in the Super Bowl, and we haven’t won a playoff game since the first Bush administration.

Again, we don't KNOW he did not have an injury, no matter if you type it in caps or not. We know if he had an injury, it didn't affect his play. We know he SAYS he doesn't have an injury, but he's up for a new contract somewhere. Do you really expect him to say he played through an injury? Fact of the matter is, without having the MRI in your hands and having a Radiologist there to read it, you do not KNOW anything.
Reply/Quote
I just read a USA Today article that addressed this. Barrett will be a 28 yo FA again after the SB. Article said maybe the Bengals would try their luck with him again? Just food for thought.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 06:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So how do we know if a medical staff is inept?  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3341171

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 07:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, we don't KNOW he did not have an injury, no matter if you type it in caps or not. We know if he had an injury, it didn't affect his play. We know he SAYS he doesn't have an injury, but he's up for a new contract somewhere. Do you really expect him to say he played through an injury? Fact of the matter is, without having the MRI in your hands and having a Radiologist there to read it, you do not KNOW anything.

Tampa wouldn’t have signed him if he was injured. This is such a stupid argument.

(02-05-2021, 08:28 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I just read a USA Today article that addressed this. Barrett will be a 28 yo FA again after the SB. Article said maybe the Bengals would try their luck with him again? Just food for thought.

Sadly I think we burned that bridge.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tampa wouldn’t have signed him if he was injured. This is such a stupid argument.

Sadly I think we burned that bridge.

I agree! Just passing on what I read.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tampa wouldn’t have signed him if he was injured. This is such a stupid argument.

Teams sign slightly injured players all the time, and hedge their bets. That is such a stupid statement.
Reply/Quote