Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overstayed Visas
(01-22-2016, 12:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: People who visit the US on visas are visitors, not immigrants.  As far as I understand, they must file certain paperwork declaring their desire to officially immigrate.  When these visitors violate the terms of their visa, they become illegal foreign nationals.  With the state of affairs in the world right now, we cannot afford to have half a million illegal nationals roaming around, with their whereabouts untracked.  It puts the US citizens in danger.

Well, first of all we would have to track 44 million visitors, not just half a million.  And that would cost billions of dollars.  I think that money would be better spent protecting us from ANY potential attack.  The attacks the last few years have proven that we are in danger of terrorism from all sorts of people including American citizens.

We have to be smart about how we use our resources if we want to be safe.
(01-22-2016, 12:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well, first of all we would have to track 44 million visitors, not just half a million.  And that would cost billions of dollars.  I think that money would be better spent protecting us from ANY potential attack.  The attacks the last few years have proven that we are in danger of terrorism from all sorts of people including American citizens.

We have to be smart about how we use our resources if we want to be safe.

Are you sure about that?  Not to difficult to see who has left the country at their previously decided upon time.  Technology...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-22-2016, 12:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that?  Not to difficult to see who has left the country at their previously decided upon time.  Technology...

Yes, I am pretty sure that if we wait until they are missing until we start trying to track them it won't work very well.

How do you suggest we find them to start tracking them?
(01-22-2016, 12:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, I am pretty sure that if we wait until they are missing until we start trying to track them it won't work very well.

How do you suggest we find them to start tracking them?

Isn't that what we pay all of the FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, and other employees of various government agencies dedicated to figure out?  From what I understand, they only accept the best and brightest of all potential applicants, so I'm not concerned about their ability to get the job done.  What I am most concerned about is the one at the top, who decides where their efforts should be concentrated.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-22-2016, 01:07 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Isn't that what we pay all of the FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, and other employees of various government agencies dedicated to figure out?  From what I understand, they only accept the best and brightest of all potential applicants, so I'm not concerned about their ability to get the job done.  What I am most concerned about is the one at the top, who decides where their efforts should be concentrated.

Have you been paying attention the last 15 years?  They're hardly getting any shit done, let alone well.
Nothing says small government and fiscal responsibility like wanting to track and monitor millions of people entering the country.

It would be a waste of time, effort, and money for something this insignificant.
(01-22-2016, 01:19 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Have you been paying attention the last 15 years?  They're hardly getting any shit done, let alone well.

They can, they're just not getting the directives to move.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-22-2016, 01:36 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Nothing says small government and fiscal responsibility like wanting to track and monitor millions of people entering the country.

It would be a waste of time, effort, and money for something this insignificant.

Technology does most of the work.  Only time an effort is exerted, is when someone does not "check out" when appointed.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
We could just offer free shit to those that have over-stayed their visas and when they show up to collect; we send them packing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

CKwi Wrote:Nothing says small government and fiscal responsibility like wanting to track and monitor millions of people entering the country.

Has zero to do with small or big gov. Just know where these people are .... Not hard to track.

And if you over stay then they should stop allowing them access for 5 years. Over stay 3x then your locked out.
(01-22-2016, 11:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just know where these people are ....  Not hard to track.

How so?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

SteelCitySou Wrote:How so?

When I go to Belarus they know where I am... If I change flats or hotels and If I don't let them know they come and find me.

Can't believe it's hard to do here.
(01-22-2016, 12:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When I go to Belarus they know where I am...   If I change flats or hotels and If I don't let them know they come and find me.    

Mellow

[Image: bela.jpg]

[Image: belb.jpg]

Now then....you were saying?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-22-2016, 12:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When I go to Belarus they know where I am...   If I change flats or hotels and If I don't let them know they come and find me.    

How do they find you?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(01-22-2016, 12:34 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: How do they find you?

He's the only non-savage?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-22-2016, 12:34 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: How do they find you?

He's not that tough to find.

[Image: 168683_o.gif]
(01-21-2016, 01:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not knowing where they are is the problem.   We should be tracking them.

Yes 99% is good but no way should be running around unchecked.

So continue to issue visas and do a better job at enforcing it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

BmorePat Wrote:So continue to issue visas and do a better job at enforcing it.

If you are going to strictly enforce.
 SteelCitySo Wrote:How do they find you?

You have to report where you are staying in your papers and the hotel/flat owner has to also acknowledge. When you leave the hotel off schedule they will ask you where you are going. I guess you could lie, which would make it impossible to get another visa when they finally do find you. It's a different deal than here for sure. But there is a way for us to enforce these visas and not let people stay over . It's not hard to follow the laws.
GMDi Wrote:Mellow

[Image: bela.jpg]

[Image: belb.jpg]

Now then....you were saying?

I imagine both do not have the same resources put towards enforcement. So there goes that argument. Hilarious