Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oz and Walker
During a sermon Warnock delivered nearly a decade ago, the Democratic pastor paraphrased Bible verse Matthew 6:24, which states, “No one can serve two masters.”

“America, nobody can serve God and the military,” he said. “You can’t serve God and money. You cannot serve God and mammon at the same time. America, choose ye this day who you will serve. Choose ye this day.”

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:41 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: During a sermon Warnock delivered nearly a decade ago, the Democratic pastor paraphrased Bible verse Matthew 6:24, which states, “No one can serve two masters.”

“America, nobody can serve God and the military,” he said. “You can’t serve God and money. You cannot serve God and mammon at the same time. America, choose ye this day who you will serve. Choose ye this day.”

Nervous

The best part of that is the conservatives demanding he "apologize" to the military...lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:36 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Exclusive because the information is from a Police CAM right? 

Probably because it was a non-story.  I did see the right wing sites published it a lot.

But police called with no charges filed and no injuries per the hospital.

But I guess him and his ex-wife not getting along is a reason to not vote for him when compared to his opponent.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:41 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: During a sermon Warnock delivered nearly a decade ago, the Democratic pastor paraphrased Bible verse Matthew 6:24, which states, “No one can serve two masters.”

So conservatives (the party of God[?]) is upset because a pastor told Americans to love God?

I'm sure that's the only reason.
Reply/Quote
[Image: sen-warnock.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Warnock should run on a platform of making divorce illegal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: So are you saying the ex-wife called a false alarm to the police?

Well, quite possibly, but what I'm really saying is that I don't know. I'm also saying that given the circumstances and the lack of any evidence, this is not a news worthy story.

(10-27-2022, 11:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Whether it is true or not it is news worthy as with Russian Misinformation is news worthy whether it is false or not, right? 

I don't know what to do with this comparison really.

(10-27-2022, 11:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I am not sure whether you are in the Faith in the Word or not, but unlike you or me a man of the cloth are prohibited from getting a divorce and then continue Preaching.

That's between Warnock and his church. I don't care. I seem to remember that Christians believe that men is bound to be imperfect and sinful and that they are high on forgiveness.
Now if he is known to preach how a divorce is a truly unforgivable sin, worthy of eternal damnation or something akin to that, then I'd say this is actually a news story, one of hypocricy. If you happen to know about such an instance, you have a comparison here to Herschel Walker being strictly anti-abortion while having paid for at least one abortion for one of his many mistresses. If not, I firmly remain with those that believe what Walker did is worse, more hypocritical and more news worthy.

(10-27-2022, 11:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.thecentersquare.com/georgia/nonprofit-cries-foul-over-warnocks-georgia-churchs-eviction-policies-at-apartments-it-owns/article_6e20b6e4-4bf5-11ed-94e7-3778e039e0cb.html 

Sorry, I can not open this link.

(10-27-2022, 11:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Before you retort. 
My involving myself in this thread is that each candidate/party have their pro's and con's.

Sure, I don't doubt that. What I doubt is that these pros and cons always equal each other out in the end, a rule you seem to try to establish with force. Of course, it often is a matter of perspective, eg. maybe some people think getting served or divorced as a priest is worse or morally more reprehensible than being a fraudulent TV doctor or demanding abortion bans after persuading your mistress to get one. I can see how a majority of people would see it differently though.

(10-27-2022, 11:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I am an Independent voter that likes to know the pros/cons of each candidate before I vote. No one candidate is 100% good, no one candidate is 100% bad.

I agree with the first assessment, the latter however, I don't know. Some candidates are just pretty bad. Like Herschel Walker. Who is dumb, uninformed, hypocritical and morally dubious, statements that can easily be underlined with examples.
That doesn't mean that his opponent is 100% good, far from it. And everything possibly incriminating about Warnock can be discussed for sure. But if his biggest issues are a divorce and unconfirmed allegations from the ex-wife, then yeah one candidate's personal awfulness is quite apparently - or say in the eyes of most people - more spectacular and deserves more spotlight than the other's. What actually factors into your vote is, of course, a different issue.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 12:47 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

I'm not racist, I have a black friend who beats, abuses, and holds women at gunpoint.  Check mate, liberals.

All jokes aside, if the government is supposed to represent the people then we can't go wrong with either Walker or Warnock, as we as a people do have a tendency to be giant hypocrites who use religion as a means to shield ourselves from our own misdeeds while looking down upon and judging the actions of others.

Nicely done, America.  Win-win election, this one. 

Fetterman vs Oz is harder to look at in this manner, though I guess multiple senate members had strokes in recent years but most of them are not, to my knowledge, Oprah-promoted con men who are Mooooslims.
Reply/Quote
dateline=' Wrote:  pid='1270533 hollodero
Well, quite possibly, but what I'm really saying is that I don't know. I'm also saying that given the circumstances and the lack of any evidence, this is not a news worthy story.

I don't know what to do with this comparison really.

That's between Warnock and his church. I don't care. I seem to remember that Christians believe that men is bound to be imperfect and sinful and that they are high on forgiveness.
Now if he is known to preach how a divorce is a truly unforgivable sin, worthy of eternal damnation or something akin to that, then I'd say this is actually a news story, one of hypocricy. If you happen to know about such an instance, you have a comparison here to Herschel Walker being strictly anti-abortion while having paid for at least one abortion for one of his many mistresses. If not, I firmly remain with those that believe what Walker did is worse, more hypocritical and more news worthy.

Sorry, I can not open this link.

Sure, I don't doubt that. What I doubt is that these pros and cons always equal each other out in the end, a rule you seem to try to establish with force. Of course, it often is a matter of perspective, eg. maybe some people think getting served or divorced as a priest is worse or morally more reprehensible than being a fraudulent TV doctor or demanding abortion bans after persuading your mistress to get one. I can see how a majority of people would see it differently though.

I agree with the first assessment, the latter however, I don't know. Some candidates are just pretty bad. Like Herschel Walker. Who is dumb, uninformed, hypocritical and morally dubious, statements that can easily be underlined with examples.
That doesn't mean that his opponent is 100% good, far from it. And everything possibly incriminating about Warnock can be discussed for sure. But if his biggest issues are a divorce and unconfirmed allegations from the ex-wife, then yeah one candidate's personal awfulness is quite apparently - or say in the eyes of most people - more spectacular and deserves more spotlight than the other's. What actually factors into your vote is, of course, a different issue.

Comparison is if you disregard the Reverend's ex-wife claim is not news worthy the same should declared when non-evidence claims of Russian Misinformation is claimed against a candidate. 

As for as you not caring about Reverend Warnock having a divorce and then Preaching tells me something about you. Some people like me take their Faith very serious. You may not care, but I and many others who read the Good Book do. It is not about him and his Church. You can't divorce one day and then Preach the next day and it is oky doky. Just like you can't have a public sexual sin as a Pastor one day and preach the next day. Divorce is a big issue with the Lord and that is for the regular person, for a Pastor to commit Adultery and then Preach to the folks is something else.  The folks look up to their Man of Cloth, and he has to be beyond reproach. 

Sorry you cannot open the link. let me try this ...

"
(The Center Square) — A nonprofit has filed a complaint with the Internal Revenue Service over a report that Ebenezer Baptist Church tried evicting some residents from an apartment building it owns.
The National Legal and Policy Center alleged Ebenezer Baptist Church tried to hide its 99% ownership of Columbia Towers at MLK Village in Atlanta, an apartment building under scrutiny for its aggressive eviction tactics. The group filed the complaint in the wake of a Washington Free Beacon [b]report[/b], which revealed the church tried to evict tenants behind on their rent for as little as $28.55.

U.S. Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Georgia, is the senior pastor of Ebenezer Baptist Church.

"It is abundantly clear that Ebenezer Building Foundation, Inc. has violated one or more IRS laws and regulations regarding the operation of a nonprofit charity," the group said in its [b]complaint[/b]. "The IRS must conduct a full investigation and audit of the Foundation’s finances and transactions and assess appropriate civil and criminal penalties, and revoking their tax-exempt status if warranted. The public interest demands it."

This week, the Secretary of State Office’s Securities and Charities Division sent a letter to the Ebenezer Building Foundation, saying it does not appear the group is registered as a charity in the state. A spokesman for Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger declined to comment but confirmed the authenticity of the letter, which the Washington Free Beacon [b]reported[/b].

"Senator Warnock and his church need to explain why they are hiding their ownership in the apartment building and to account for the rents received," NLPC attorney Paul Kamenar told the Washington Free Beacon. "It’s despicable that in the name of MLK, they are evicting tenants for past due rents of trifling amounts."

Warnock, elected in 2020, faces off against Republican Herschel Walker in November’s election. The race could decide whether Democrats maintain the U.S. Senate or Republicans seize control.
A Georgia News Collaborative [/url]poll found the race is a "dead heat," with Warnock holding a slight lead over Walker — 46.4% to 43.4%. Libertarian Chase Oliver picked up 4.1% of the vote, opening the possibility of a runoff between Warnock and Walker; another 6.1% were undecided.

"I have never known a preacher that likes abortion even after birth, won’t pay his child support and evicts poor people to the street," Walker [url=https://twitter.com/HerschelWalker/status/1579818226573533186][b]said[/b]
 on Twitter. "I will pay the $4500 in past due rents listed in this [Washington Free Beacon] news article to keep [Warnock] from evicting these people."

Last month, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, a Republican, [b]awarded[/b] the Ebenezer Building Foundation $5 million. The money was part of more than $30.8 million for eight homelessness and housing insecurity projects.
The National Legal and Policy Center filed its complaint with the Internal Revenue Service's Exempt Organizations Division. Warnock’s campaign and the Democratic Party of Georgia did not respond to a request for comment."

Reply/Quote
Electing a politician that has been divorced and/or committed adultery? Perish the thought!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Electing a politician that has been divorced and/or committed adultery?  Perish the thought!

I mean if it is THAT important to him that he would rather vote for the guy who paid for abortions, denied his out of wedlock children, held a gun to a woman's head, etc. than I suppose it is really important to him.

I don't even know if he lives in GA.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 02:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean if it is THAT important to him that he would rather vote for the guy who paid for abortions, denied his out of wedlock children, held a gun to a woman's head, etc. than I suppose it is really important to him.

I don't even know if he lives in GA.

I was thinking more about the GOP being shaped by guys like Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump, but I suppose this is a bit more on-topic.  Plus, Walker has been divorced too...maybe it's different because he isn't a pastor, though he does have a certain smugness to how confident he is in his divine absolution, in my mind.

I'm no saint, but I always found that "I did all this bad stuff, but now I'm reformed and saved through Jesus" stuff to be a bit off the mark since I've led a relatively boring life.  This goes back to attending church events where some older kid would go on about how he/she did a bunch of drugs and had sex and is now super cool with the lord.  I'd be like...hmm...is this promoting stuff that we aren't supposed to do or simply providing us with an out, so to speak?

Maybe the left and right can meet halfway on abortion by allowing it only in cases where after getting or financing an abortion you have to find Jesus and/or run for senate.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 313342042_578745380964132_72404395501286...e=6360205F]

Not to mention his continuing waffling on the 2020 election results:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/25/dr-oz-pennsylvania-debate-trump-00027712

Quote:The candidates’ loyalty to Trump was tested throughout the night. Moderators asked whether it was time for the GOP to move forward as Trump continues to talk about the 2020 election.

Oz said he had discussed the 2020 election with Trump and that “we cannot move on.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dr-oz-refuses-to-say-2020-election-was-rigged

Quote:“I’m trying to understand what ‘we cannot move on’ means,” Brody said, echoing one of Oz’s other frequent phrases.

“‘Not move on’ means there are so many different things that happened,” Oz replied. But while he claimed that “as a physician” he likes to “get into the details,” he would only cite anecdotal allegations about absentee ballots that supposedly went uncounted.

Brody clearly was not satisfied with that answer, noting that he didn’t hear his guest use Trump’s preferred words—“rigged” and “stolen”—in regards to the election. “So you’re cautious on those words, or you want to be careful?” he asked.

“I want to be careful,” Oz replied. “Republicans are about fixing things. I know for sure we’ve got to deal with 2020, but this is about knowing what exactly the diagnosis is so we can give it the right treatment.”

And then...

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/another-one-bites-the-dust-dr-oz-takes-back-his-election-denial

Quote:He’s notably refused to clarify his beliefs on the topic—that is, until Wednesday.

According to the new book from New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman, Trump’s support of the fellow celebrity has been calculated from the start: He once told his advisers that he needs people like Oz in office in case the 2024 election is challenged or Congress tries to impeach him again.
ADVERTISEMENT
Oz already hadn’t been very keen on accepting Trump’s endorsement throughout his campaign, but on Wednesday he finally decided to fess up.

“Doctor Oz has made it clear that he would have voted to certify the results of the 2020 election, and that he’ll accept the results of the 2022 election,” Oz spokeswoman Brittany Yanick told a Politico reporter when asked for comment.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 06:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I know this thread is about Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker and their "faults".

How about the faults of the Democrat candidates themselves?

I think Warnock and Fetterman have lots of skeletons in their closets that the media outside of Fox are talking about.

Boy, I wish someday in my life again the media can call the positives/negatives for each candidate/party. Hmm

I guess this Independent is asking for too much. Watch the bias replies will start soon. Nervous

(10-26-2022, 09:48 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Oh, Fetterman and Warnock have multiple weaknesses each, you just won't hear it from the biased media. 

(10-27-2022, 04:43 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I expected this, the old attack the messenger and not the message. 

Is the Reverend's "ex-wife", [pretty sure God via the Bible is against Divorce for men of the cloth] a member of Fox News?
Again, let me repeat slowly,  the "Reverand's ex-wife" does not work for Fox News. Of course, you won't see the clip of the "Reverend's on CNN or MSNBC.

(10-27-2022, 05:10 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: So asking about fair and balanced facts with the media is whataboutism???

If and when I have time I will have a thread about the Democrat skeletons.
But don't hold your breath, I have a busy schedule in my life to do a research on this.
If you think the history of Fetterman and Walker are 100% positive and the history of Dr. OZ and Hershel Walker are 100% negative, then why waste my time. Off the top of my head Fetterman flip flopped on oil flaking, pointed a gun and held a black jogger hostage, crippled a town he was Mayor of. And the "Reverand" divorcing his wife and domestic abuse against his wife, child support as well issues with rental problems with tenants is not Biblical correct.  

(10-27-2022, 11:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: So are you saying the ex-wife called a false alarm to the police? Whether it is true or not it is news worthy as with Russian Misinformation is news worthy whether it is false or not, right? 

I am not sure whether you are in the Faith in the Word or not, but unlike you or me a man of the cloth are prohibited from getting a divorce and then continue Preaching.  Only one Preacher was ever perfect and that would be Jesus Christ, however to be a Preacher and stay a Preacher you have to live a good life and NOT have a divorce and continue Preaching to the members of your Church demanding that they don't divorce, because if you do you are committing adultery. 

As for as other issues against Reverend Warnock.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/georgia/nonprofit-cries-foul-over-warnocks-georgia-churchs-eviction-policies-at-apartments-it-owns/article_6e20b6e4-4bf5-11ed-94e7-3778e039e0cb.html 

Before you retort. 
My involving myself in this thread is that each candidate/party have their pro's and con's.
This thread is 100% con Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker.

I am an Independent voter that likes to know the pros/cons of each candidate before I vote. No one candidate is 100% good, no one candidate is 100% bad.

Oh yeah, you're a real, "independent," over here <_<
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:31 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Not interested in a lengthy debate this morning my friend. Not feeling well today. The only thing I'll add is this.

"We won't get change unless we vote for it"

As I said, I was just curious about the grounds of your choice to "correct" some Dem trend.

If you answer when you are feeling better, great. If not, ok.

But I am truly looking for information. I may ask one more question, but I won't 
challenge and attack you.  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 01:14 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: As for as you not caring about Reverend Warnock having a divorce and then Preaching tells me something about you. Some people like me take their Faith very serious. You may not care, but I and many others who read the Good Book do. It is not about him and his Church. You can't divorce one day and then Preach the next day and it is oky doky. Just like you can't have a public sexual sin as a Pastor one day and preach the next day. Divorce is a big issue with the Lord and that is for the regular person, for a Pastor to commit Adultery and then Preach to the folks is something else.  The folks look up to their Man of Cloth, and he has to be beyond reproach. 

This is just asinine. I have known many preachers/pastors/ministers in my life. Many of whom have been divorced and some remarried. I know two of them that are currently bishops in their denominations (head of the statewide area).

The idea that a pastor should be above reproach is, quite frankly, antithetical to Christianity. We are all sinners, our clergy included. Should they strive to live a good life? Absolutely, as should we all. This idea that we should put them on a pedestal, though, is contrary to the teachings of the New Testament. We are not worshipping the preacher, we are worshipping God, and nothing is perfect beyond God and God's love for us. We should be exercising understanding and forgiveness for those that fall short. Lifting them up.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 03:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh yeah, you're a real, "independent," over here <_<

Yes, I am you are not swift enough to figure it out.

My point on this thread was everything con on the Republicans.  

Why don't you ask me what my views are before you make such a ridiculous comment?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is just asinine. I have known many preachers/pastors/ministers in my life. Many of whom have been divorced and some remarried. I know two of them that are currently bishops in their denominations (head of the statewide area).

The idea that a pastor should be above reproach is, quite frankly, antithetical to Christianity. We are all sinners, our clergy included. Should they strive to live a good life? Absolutely, as should we all. This idea that we should put them on a pedestal, though, is contrary to the teachings of the New Testament. We are not worshipping the preacher, we are worshipping God, and nothing is perfect beyond God and God's love for us. We should be exercising understanding and forgiveness for those that fall short. Lifting them up.

What you wrote above is asinine. What you wrote is your opinion. What follows is "The Word".

1 Timothy 3:2–4 — The New International Version (NIV)
Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect.

Titus 1:6
[Image: aHR0cHM6Ly9jb3ZlcnMubG9nb3NjZG4uY29tL2xs...VyLmpwZw~~]English Standard Version[Image: aHR0cHM6Ly9iaWJsaWEuY29tL3B1YmxpYy9pbWFn...93bi5zdmc~]

qif anyone is above reproach, the husband of one wife,4 and his children are believers5 and not open to the charge of rdebauchery or insubordination.

1 Timothy 3:8

Qualifications for Deacons

iDeacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued,3 jnot addicted to much wine, knot greedy for dishonest gain. They must lhold the mystery of the faith with ma clear conscience. 10 And nlet them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. 11 oTheir wives likewise4 must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, pfaithful in all things. 12 Let deacons each be qthe husband of one wife, qmanaging their children and their own households well. 13 For rthose who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 03:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh yeah, you're a real, "independent," over here <_<

As someone who has also been accused of misrepresenting my political affiliation(s) I have to say this isn't a fair accusation.  His stated intent was to bring balance to the thread by pointing out the cons of the Dems who are the opponents of the two men mentioned in the thread title.  I've seen nothing to put a lie to that claim.  Could he still be untruthful?  Sure, but what exactly would be the point of that?
Reply/Quote