Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oz and Walker
(11-03-2022, 08:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So Oz quit helping people to con them. I'm just not convinced he's turning back to the good side.  I'm also leery of sending a message that celebrites turning politician is the next big thing

Oz also pretends he has no idea about the cases against Trump.  You'd think him being a sneaky devious money grubbing Muslim would turn off most Republicans.  

i aint super big on it either really. but thats how politics is now. do i think oz is great no. but i think hes better the other guy.  i mean is there a politics person out there that dont have some conman in them. i dont know. i sure me an you both could find some sleazy stuff even in the folks we like an support. the business of politics is just dirty and no matter how good you are sooner or later you gonna get dirty to
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 05:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Walker isn't remotely qualified for the Senate. Like Tuberville, he's an uneducated man who barely understands how the government operates. Republican leaders know that. They don't care. They just need yes men for McConnell.

this is the answer ... but seriously, the dude need a CTE eval! hes not well. And if not  CTE, he is just plain DUMB 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 06:29 PM)kalibengal Wrote: this is the answer ... but seriously, the dude need a CTE eval! hes not well. And if not  CTE, he is just plain DUMB 

If Walker makes it to the senate he MUST be the point man for the longest filibuster in history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cool

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: Cool

Herschel Walker running for Senate in 2022 and talking about the 1980s horror spoof Fright Night in November, no less. 

As someone who tends to annoy people with irrelevant monologuing, I feel this man will best represent me in the Senate.  
Reply/Quote
https://www.georgiademocrat.org/new-new-york-times-walker-says-his-mental-illness-is-healed-experts-say-its-not-so-simple/

NEW: New York Times: “Walker Says His Mental Illness Is Healed. Experts Say It’s Not So Simple.”
OCTOBER 20, 2022
Today, the New York Times released a report that raises new questions about Herschel Walker and how he has “invoked his history of mental illness in his defense” to avoid taking responsibility for his violent behavior and disturbing conduct.

The New York Times report includes analysis from medical and mental health experts who point out that Dissociative Identity Disorder “does not cause violent behavior.”

By Sheryl Gay Stolberg – October 20, 2022

Confronting a barrage of accusations about his personal life — including claims he threatened women and paid for an abortion despite his public opposition to the procedure — Herschel Walker has repeatedly invoked his history of mental illness in his defense.
In the ad, and on the campaign trail, Mr. Walker, a former football star, does not elaborate. But in his 2008 memoir, “Breaking Free,” he revealed that he had been diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder, formerly known as multiple personality disorder. He described his 12 “alters” — distinct identities that helped him cope with the trauma of being bullied as a child. He wrote of rage and “out-of-control behavior”; he played Russian roulette with a loaded gun.

Now, as he tries to steady a campaign that could determine control of the Senate, Mr. Walker often speaks of these events in religious, not medical, terms. He either denies the accusations or says he does not remember what happened. Still, he casts himself as a redemption story, saying he is a Christian “saved by grace.”

But experts say Mr. Walker’s assertion that he has “overcome” the disorder is simplistic at best: Like other mental illnesses, dissociative identity disorder cannot be cured in the classic sense.

Psychiatrists say that while patients can learn to manage this disorder — and even live symptom-free for extended periods — the symptoms can recur, often triggered by stress. “You can get better,” said Dr. David Spiegel, a Stanford University psychiatry professor who studies and treats dissociative identity disorder. “But it doesn’t just evaporate.”

Mr. Walker’s retelling does not account for other complicating details. Experts say the disorder does not cause violent behavior. Some of the episodes — including an ex-girlfriend’s accusation that he had threatened her — took place after Mr. Walker claimed to have his disorder under control.

The Walker campaign did not respond this week to questions about his health history and has not released his medical records.
Last Friday night, during a debate with his Democratic opponent, Senator Raphael Warnock, Mr. Walker said he no longer needed treatment: “I continue to get help if I need help, but I don’t need any help. I’m doing well.”

In an interview with Axios last year, Mr. Walker likened his condition to a broken leg, saying, “I put the cast on. It healed.”
Democrats have said Mr. Walker’s description of his mental illness does not fully explain his previous behavior. In a statement, Mr. Warnock’s campaign manager, Quentin Fulks, said only that Mr. Walker had “not given Georgians an honest accounting of his violent past.”
Even Republican strategists say Mr. Walker should answer similar questions.

Dissociative identity disorder, known by its acronym D.I.D., is a relatively rare psychiatric condition usually triggered by childhood trauma, including sexual or physical abuse, or war. Studies show it affects about 1 percent of the population, said Dr. Paul S. Appelbaum, a professor of psychiatry at Columbia University […]

Treatment typically involves intensive therapy [….] While there is no medication to treat this disorder, some patients take medicine for conditions that occur alongside it, such as depression. Patients are required during treatment to take responsibility for their behavior; Mr. Walker says he has done so.

“One of the core aspects of successful treatment for D.I.D. is holding people with the disorder responsible for their behavior, even when they say they don’t remember it, or that another self-state did it,” said Dr. Richard J. Loewenstein, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Maryland and a leading expert in the disorder, which was known as multiple personality disorder until 1994, when the name was changed to reflect a more nuanced understanding of the condition.

In a 2014 ESPN documentary, he said he thought that in high school he might join the Marines, because it would give him license to “shoot people.” Instead, he pursued a career in sports. Football became his “coping mechanism.”

But after he retired from the Dallas Cowboys in 1997, Mr. Walker wrote, his life spun out of control. He had an extramarital affair. He played Russian roulette, “risking my life with a gun at my head.” (The book does not recount an episode in which his ex-wife, Cindy DeAngelis Grossman, said he put a gun to her head and threatened to “blow my brains out.” Mr. Walker has not denied the allegation, but says he does not remember doing so.)

In 2001, Mr. Walker writes, things came to a head when he grew enraged at a car salesman who was late in making a delivery. He could feel “my jaw pulsing and my teeth grinding,” he wrote, as a voice prodded him to pull out his pistol and kill the man. Another voice countered: “No Herschel, that’s wrong. You can’t shoot a man down in cold blood over this.”

At that point, Mr. Walker sought help from Jerry Mungadze, a therapist who gave him a diagnosis of D.I.D. and arranged for him to be treated as an outpatient at Del Amo psychiatric hospital in Torrance, Calif., where doctors confirmed the diagnosis, Mr. Walker wrote.
Dr. Mungadze, who wrote the introduction to Mr. Walker’s book, has since stirred controversy with his methods. Dr. Mungadze, who holds a doctorate in “counselor education,” according to his website, and is not a medical doctor, specializes in Christian counseling and employs a technique he calls brain mapping, in which he diagnoses patients by asking them to color in a map of a brain. Experts say it has no basis in science.

Mr. Walker has not said whether he still sees Dr. Mungadze, who declined an interview request.
As he campaigns, Mr. Walker has cast himself as a “champion for mental health,” and hits back at critics by saying they are perpetrating a stigma. At Friday night’s debate, he railed against “people like Senator Warnock that demonize mental health.” (Mr. Warnock has introduced a series of bills to expand mental health services.)
###
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Herschel Walker running for Senate in 2022 and talking about the 1980s horror spoof Fright Night in November, no less. 

As someone who tends to annoy people with irrelevant monologuing, I feel this man will best represent me in the Senate.  

I have to give it to this guy, he manages to say even more moronic and incoherent things than Trump does. An accomplishment I deemed pretty much impossible.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 06:15 PM)hollodero Wrote: I have to give it to this guy, he manages to say even more moronic and incoherent things than Trump does. An accomplishment I deemed pretty much impossible.

It's not so much Hershel Walker attempting to retell the 3rd act of a specific 1985 horror movie that was weird, it's the people in his audience who supposedly aren't brain damaged who are attempting to hang on his every word.   
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 06:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's not so much Hershel Walker attempting to retell the 3rd act of a specific 1985 horror movie that was weird, it's the people in his audience who supposedly aren't brain damaged who are attempting to hang on his every word.   

I know. Guess these people have no other choice than to will themselves in liking the guy and rationalizing every asinine thing he says. For better or worse, it's their guy, they have to be supportive.

The two-party system, nothing wrong with that. I keep saying, my country is a land full of morons, but someone like that would not even get elected into the local council of the smallest villages. In America, he can become senator on the sole basis of not being on the wrong team.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 06:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: I know. Guess these people have no other choice than to will themselves in liking the guy and rationalizing every asinine thing he says. For better or worse, it's their guy, they have to be supportive.

The two-party system, nothing wrong with that. I keep saying, my country is a land full of morons, but someone like that would not even get elected into the local council of the smallest villages. In America, he can become senator on the sole basis of not being on the wrong team.

Well, I can't relate to many politicians but I CAN relate to telling people about a stupid horror movie while they feign interest, so maybe Walker really does represent me.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 06:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: I know. Guess these people have no other choice than to will themselves in liking the guy and rationalizing every asinine thing he says. For better or worse, it's their guy, they have to be supportive.

Nevada looks like is on track to become the third state to adopt ranked choice voting. 

Reply/Quote
Walker offered this solution to the gun violence issue

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I guess since it came out that Walker lists his main residence in Texas it makes sense Cruz is helping/support his Georgia senate run.   Mellow

And OF COURSE they are at Mar a Lago...gotta kiss the ring with a photo op in front of that painting...lol.

But, as the tweeter notes, what is up with those boots?

[Image: FinTRXMVQAEZFPm?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
That painting of Trump is amazing. He looks like Ken doll in country club attire posing in front of a Frank Frezetta painting.

Nice high heels on Cruz, too.
Reply/Quote
Well she has a point ! Indeed.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
congrats to fedderman for his win. i just hopes hes not as extreme as he sounds. oz wasnt the best option against him but i thought he was more professional and would be better overall but pennsilvania didnt agree.
Reply/Quote
The GA runoff has been called for Warnock.  Now to see if Walker get in a private jet and flies to his home state ala Dr. Oz or cries rigged ala Kari Lake.

Also how funny/sad is it that the 2022 midterms were basically "Vote for me, I'm the opposite of Trump who is really unpopular" versus "Vote for me, I'm the opposite of Biden who is really unpopular" and we're looking at 2024 being Biden VS Trump again.  Lordy loo.

EDIT - Well, Walker conceded and that was that.  More along the lines of Oz in PA, he just sort of immediately tapped out and left. Trump is riding with Lake for now, I guess.
Reply/Quote
Over 1.7 million people voted for Walker. The total jackass who didn’t even live in the state.

Compared to a well spoken pastor from MLK Jr’s old church.

I would bet money the majority of Walker votes were good Christian folks who just wanted the best for America. Except they were so blindly loyal to party instead of doing the right thing they voted to give power to a total moron.

Serious question. WTF is the matter with these people. How are you going to MAGA when you have morons and conmen leading your party?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Over 1.7 million people voted for Walker. The total jackass who didn’t even live in the state.

Compared to a well spoken pastor from MLK Jr’s old church.

I would bet money the majority of Walker votes were good Christian folks who just wanted the best for America. Except  they were so blindly loyal to party instead of doing the right thing they voted to give power to a total moron.

Serious question. WTF is the matter with these people. How are you going to MAGA when you have morons and conmen leading your party?

Reply/Quote