Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
PFF Final 2021 Offensive Line Rankings (Regular Season)
(02-20-2022, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 77.0 according to his current page

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/penei-sewell/81788

11 penalties is pretty eye popping (2nd most in the league). For the millionth time the Bengals made the right choice at 5.

I was just saying what it said he graded out at for the year. Is they're anyone saying we shouldn't of drafted Chase? He was seconds away from scoring the go ahead TD in the superbowl. But I'm sure we all wish we would've had someone to help give Burrow the chance to get it to Chase. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m just so ***** beyond sick of this nonsense. We picked who we picked, and it ended up being a home run. Records shattered, All Pro, OROY, Super Bowl run…

And yet people are still bringing up the Lions tackle on a Bengals message board. Let. It. Go.

People are still brining up Carson Palmer on here too, from what I’ve seen.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:47 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was just saying what it said he graded out at for the year. Is they're anyone saying we shouldn't of drafted Chase? He was seconds away from scoring the go ahead TD in the superbowl. But I'm sure we all wish we would've had someone to help give Burrow the chance to get it to Chase. 

There are likely people on the board on Team Sewell...still. Just like there are probably some people who like Herbert better than Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:48 PM)CincyDog Wrote: People are still brining up Carson Palmer on here too, from what I’ve seen.

Carson Palmer was a Bengal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:47 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was just saying what it said he graded out at for the year. Is they're anyone saying we shouldn't of drafted Chase? He was seconds away from scoring the go ahead TD in the superbowl. But I'm sure we all wish we would've had someone to help give Burrow the chance to get it to Chase.

Of course. Had they brought Zeitler back, and drafted Humphrey in the 2nd we’re probably world champs right now.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Of course. Had they brought Zeitler back, and drafted Humphrey in the 2nd we’re probably world champs right now.

Humphrey seemed like the obvious pick. Carman seemed like such a reach. I mean, he struggled at T in college...so draft and move him to Guard? And expect him to start?

I'll say it: I think the board overrates Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Humphrey seemed like the obvious pick. Carman seemed like such a reach. I mean, he struggled at T in college...so draft and move him to Guard? And expect him to start?

I'll say it: I think the board overrates Pollack.

Mike Brown is the one that wanted Carman. Pollack did as much as he could with what he was working with.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For those that don’t want to click the link:

20. CINCINNATI BENGALS (UP 2)

LT Jonah Williams | 77.9
LG Quinton Spain | 72.3
C Trey Hopkins | 51.4
RG Hakeem Adeniji | 48.4
RT Riley Reiff | 67.3

The Bengals' offensive line is vastly improved from a season ago, but the last few weeks of the regular season showed how fragile that is — and how quickly it can become a problem if injuries arise. Jonah Williams has been impressive at left tackle, earning a 77.9 PFF grade, even if he has a tendency to lose badly when he does lose (he has allowed eight sacks).

Quinton Spain has played some of his best football, and there were other positive contributors, but not one member of the line played all 17 games, and the play of the backups has been problematic in some cases. Of the 11 players the team has used for 50 or more snaps, seven of them carry sub-58.0 PFF grades.

I have PFF and Reilly played hurt his last 2 games and his grades plummeted. We’d been much better than even #20.
Reply/Quote
Just reinforces the point that the rebuild needs to be right to left, as by far most of the issues were on the right side. But also remember here that PFF is not the most accurate at assigning things on linemen because they do not know what the play was. For example they have a tendency to assign sacks caused by backs or TEs missing their block to the line. And the single biggest failure in our offseason to me was losing Gio Bernard - the best pass blocking back in the NFL. Perine and Mixon both suck at it.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at the drop-off from Reiff to Prince.

I have PFF and Reiff’s rankings nose dived his last two games when he played hurt.
Reply/Quote
Reiff's injuries hurt his numbers and thought he did a good job.

But his injury was very predictable with his history. Would like to have him back if he comes at a slightly cheaper price tag.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was hoping he'd come back for the playoffs. Must have been hurt pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 10:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Just reinforces the point that the rebuild needs to be right to left, as by far most of the issues were on the right side. But also remember here that PFF is not the most accurate at assigning things on linemen because they do not know what the play was. For example they have a tendency to assign sacks caused by backs or TEs missing their block to the line. And the single biggest failure in our offseason to me was losing Gio Bernard - the best pass blocking back in the NFL. Perine and Mixon both suck at it.

Never really disliked Perine but just don't think he runs behind his pads enough for such a big man. 

Then was so disappointed at his lack of trying to catch the desperation throw by Joe to prolong SB chances and just watching it flutter to the ground. If he dives and somehow makes that catch which was a possibility imo, the the Bengals get a 1st down and are only a few yards away from McPhearson's range to tie the game and send it to OT.

It was a bad look for a team that left it on the field week in and week out. 

Fine with replacing him with Evans and adding another RB next year

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike Brown is the one that wanted Carman. Pollack did as much as he could with what he was working with.

Link? Quote? I’m tired of us drafting injured linemen… . So, whoever keeps repeating this same mistake, STOP!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 10:49 PM)SladeX Wrote: Link? Quote? I’m tired of us drafting injured linemen… . So, whoever keeps repeating this same mistake, STOP!

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-get-mike-browns-guy-an-inside-look-at-their-pursuit-of-jackson-carman

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Of course. Had they brought Zeitler back, and drafted Humphrey in the 2nd we’re probably world champs right now.

Exactly. I think anyone who wanted Sewell at 5 realizes Chase was clearly the pick. The only regret was that we should've done more in free agency especially if we knew we were taking Chase in the draft ( which we probably had a good idea). I will say I was team Sewell but saw the writing on the wall and accepted the pick was Chase and even became excited pre-draft. But the argument that we would fail to get a viable lineman in the 2nd round seems to be a solid argument thus far.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 10:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Never really disliked Perine but just don't think he runs behind his pads enough for such a big man. 

Then was so disappointed at his lack of trying to catch the desperation throw by Joe to prolong SB chances and just watching it flutter to the ground. If he dives and somehow makes that catch which was a possibility imo, the the Bengals get a 1st down and are only a few yards away from McPhearson's range to tie the game and send it to OT.

It was a bad look for a team that left it on the field week in and week out. 

Fine with replacing him with Evans and adding another RB next year

Yeah Burrow made a heck of an effort just to get ball out with a reasonable chance and it would've been nice to see Perine make atleast the same effort in catching the ball even if it was ultimately incomplete. I like Perine and he did have the big play in the AFCCG but he shouldn't have been on the field on that last drive. The biggest drive of the season it has to be Mixon. His effort on the 3rd and 1 seemed pretty lackluster to me as well but you may be right and maybe he runs to upright. I mean its 3rd and 1 on the last drive of the superbowl. If Donald is atleast partially blocked you gotta lower your shoulder and get 2 yards.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 11:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah Burrow made a heck of an effort just to get ball out with a reasonable chance and it would've been nice to see Perine make atleast the same effort in catching the ball even if it was ultimately incomplete. I like Perine and he did have the big play in the AFCCG but he shouldn't have been on the field on that last drive. The biggest drive of the season it has to be Mixon. His effort on the 3rd and 1 seemed pretty lackluster to me as well but you may be right and maybe he runs to upright. I mean its 3rd and 1 on the last drive of the superbowl. If Donald is atleast partially blocked you gotta lower your shoulder and get 2 yards.

I just don't see things that he does that can't be replaced.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Chase was 100% the right pick.
Bro im going to go off right now.

Can we retire this dumbass narrative?

Can the mods please make this topic a ban-able offense?

Im sick of seeing this dumbass conversation in Bengals conversations. 
'

The fact that you have to tell someone that Chase was the right pick means they dont know f****** football.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
People are getting their underoos twisted because someone asked how Sewell graded out in PFF. No one suggested that Chase wasn’t the right pick or that we should have picked anyone else.

Stop being so goddamned touchy. Calm the **** down.

Asking how Sewell graded out is a legitimate question considering there was a chance the Bengals would have picked him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote