Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
PFF Final 2021 Offensive Line Rankings (Regular Season)
(02-21-2022, 02:05 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: People are getting their underoos twisted because someone asked how Sewell graded out in PFF. No one suggested that Chase wasn’t the right pick or that we should have picked anyone else.

Stop being so goddamned touchy. Calm the **** down.

Asking how Sewell graded out is a legitimate question considering there was a chance the Bengals would have picked him.

Oh spare me. Bringing him up leads nowhere good (or productive). Take 2 ***** seconds and look up his grade for yourself if you’re that curious. Penei Sewell should not be a discussion topic in Jungle Noise at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh spare me. Bringing him up leads nowhere good (or productive). Take 2 ***** seconds and look up his grade for yourself if you’re that curious. Penei Sewell should not be a discussion topic in Jungle Noise at this point.

Crying about it so hard that you have the sniffles is even less productive. The overreactions to a simple question are far more annoying than the initial question.

Answer and move on OR ignore and move on.

Sewell will periodically come up in conversation here for the foreseeable future. Throwing a fit each time you see it isn’t gonna get you very far.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 02:32 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Crying about it so hard that you have the sniffles is even less productive. The overreactions to a simple question are far more annoying than the initial question.

Answer and move on OR ignore and move on.

Sewell will periodically come up in conversation here for the foreseeable future.Throwing a fit each time you see it isn’t gonna get you very far.

I had no idea we merged with a Lions message board. Interesting. But are the rest of us free to clamor on endlessly about players we wanted to draft but didn’t? Is there any kind of cutoff? 3 years? 5?

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 02:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I had no idea we merged with a Lions message board. Interesting. But are the rest of us free to clamor on endlessly about players we wanted to draft but didn’t? Is there any kind of cutoff? 3 years? 5?

Are you asking if there is a cutoff for discussions on a discussion board? Didn’t you bring up Creed Humphrey in this thread? Kevin Zeitler? Did we also merge with the Chiefs and Ravens board?

There was a 6 month or longer period where there was legitimate discussion on whether Sewell would become a Bengal and whether you like it or not, the comparisons will persist because of that. These discussions are far more permanent here than you or I.

You can suck it up and stop throwing tantrums and derailing threads when you see his name, or maybe report the post you don’t like to the mods. Maybe they’ll remove it for you and spare your brain from having to deal with the topic.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:47 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was just saying what it said he graded out at for the year. Is they're anyone saying we shouldn't of drafted Chase? He was seconds away from scoring the go ahead TD in the superbowl. But I'm sure we all wish we would've had someone to help give Burrow the chance to get it to Chase. 

(02-21-2022, 02:50 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Are you asking if there is a cutoff for discussions on a discussion board? Didn’t you bring up Creed Humphrey in this thread? Kevin Zeitler? Did we also merge with the Chiefs and Ravens board?

There was a 6 month or longer period where there was legitimate discussion on whether Sewell would become a Bengal and whether you like it or not, the comparisons will persist because of that. These discussions are far more permanent here than you or I.

You can suck it up and stop throwing tantrums and derailing threads when you see his name, or maybe report the post you don’t like to the mods. Maybe they’ll remove it for you and spare your brain from having to deal with the topic.

I brought up those guys in direct response to the poster above talking about having help for Burrow and Chase. I wasn’t rehashing a year old argument where we want to imagine swapping out our OROY for an OT we were never going to take.

As far as reporting it, Nah. I wouldn’t want to spoil the fun. If there’s one thing I think we can all agree on that this board needs more of - it’s Penei Sewell talk. :ninja:

Reply/Quote
Penei Sewell
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 03:02 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Penei Sewell

Exactly. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 03:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I brought up those guys in direct response to the poster above talking about having help for Burrow and Chase. I wasn’t rehashing a year old argument where we want to imagine swapping out our OROY for an OT we were never going to take.

As far as reporting it, Nah. I wouldn’t want to spoil the fun. If there’s one thing I think we can all agree on that this board needs more of - it’s Penei Sewell talk. Ninja

Literally no one did that. There was an inquiry about a player that the Bengals could have taken, and the poster even stated that the Bengals made the right choice. You’re twisted up over nothing.

Ah, the offseason.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
Chargers fans talking all that BS Herbert don't have an Oline and they are 10th...
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 03:06 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Literally no one did that. There was an inquiry about a player that the Bengals could have taken, and the poster even stated that the Bengals made the right choice. You’re twisted up over nothing.

Ah, the offseason.

Hey, at least it’s a much shorter one. And on the bright side nobody is going to get too heated debating over pick 31.

Reply/Quote
One thing is for sure, we can't make the same mistake with the Oline that we did last offseason/draft. The fact that Burrow suffered another knee injury (to his "good" knee), got lit up all season and the playoffs, while the infamous social media meme came to haunt us for potentially generations, should bring us all together recognizing the failed approach of last offseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 03:08 AM)Tony Wrote: Chargers fans talking all that BS Herbert don't have an Oline and they are 10th...

Haha! Great point.

I think a lot of fans see 1 or 2 splash plays and tend to judge players based on that. Like, this guy gave up a sack! He's terrible.

Or on defense, a guy makes a big play and they think he's great.

And in some cases that is true. But, in many cases, the play over the course of a game is much different than that 1 splash play.

ie Carman. He'd have some great blocks at times. But, other times he struggled so much.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: The loss of Riley Reiff was obviously huge, along with Hopkins and RG. If Reiff had not been injured, it might have partially mitigated the problem at RG. Hopkins improved, I believe, as the season went on. But, basically, if Reiff had not been injured, 3 of the 5 were fine, according to PFF. But the two weaknesses made the entire line unstable.

Hopkins' overall grade is skewed by a terrible first half of the season.
Since the bye, he was a Top 10 C when it came to pass blocking.
He is still very much not a good run blocker though.

Injuries derailed the plans for the OL this past season.
Hopkins still recovering from his 2020 injury, Reiff going down mid-Dec and missing the last four regular season games plus all the playoffs, and even XSF getting hurt after just two weeks and not playing again. 
Given XSF started those first two games, you gotta think the Bengals planned for XSF to be the starter all this year and Carman groomed.
EDIT - By no means am I saying Reiff, XSF, and a healthy Hopkins would have made the OL really good. I think it would have been better than it was though.

So they need to 1) get more proven talent in FA who can play better than average, and 2) draft a couple more players to improve the depth behind the proven starters.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 02:50 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Are you asking if there is a cutoff for discussions on a discussion board? Didn’t you bring up Creed Humphrey in this thread? Kevin Zeitler? Did we also merge with the Chiefs and Ravens board?

Bringing up Creed Humphrey or Zeitler is not the same as bringing up Sewell. Creed and Zeitler were misses. We could have taken them and the team is better. Sewell was not a miss as we took Chase and the team is better because of it. Yes the team would have been better if we took Chase AND Sewell but not possible. We would have been better if we took Chase and Slater or Darrishaw. Bringing up guys who we simply could not take because we already selected a better player makes no sense. You could do that every drarft --if only we had five first round picks then....... 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 12:18 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: Bringing up Creed Humphrey or Zeitler is not the same as bringing up Sewell. Creed and Zeitler were misses. We could have taken them and the team is better. Sewell was not a miss as we took Chase and the team is better because of it. Yes the team would have been better if we took Chase AND Sewell but not possible. We would have been better if we took Chase and Slater or Darrishaw. Bringing up guys who we simply could not take because we already selected a better player makes no sense. You could do that every drarft --if only we had five first round picks then....... 

You realize that people will be talking about this for the foreseeable future. It's how this board operates.

People will occasionally debate Burrow vs Herbert especially if one has issues or does great. Despite the fact that Burrow was the 100% obvious #1 pick and every single GM would have taken him at 1.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 03:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hey, at least it’s a much shorter one. And on the bright side nobody is going to get too heated debating over pick 31.

[Image: evil-smile-evil.gif]
We shall see, we shall see.

What if, the 31st pick is not an OL? There might be some people flipping their...
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 12:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: evil-smile-evil.gif]
We shall see, we shall see.

What if, the 31st pick is not an OL? There might be some people flipping their...

It shouldn’t automatically be OL…

Always go BPA. Especially picking as late as 31. Buy need. Draft talent.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It shouldn’t automatically be OL…

Always go BPA. Especially picking as late as 31. Buy need. Draft talent.

Yeah...we'll get what the 6th highest graded OL at 31. Odds of that guy starting are low.

Now you may get a great TE or DE at that pick.
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing this is just counting regular season...but our emotions are counting the playoffs.

The line was just below average in the first half of the season. It got much worse later on, and especially in the playoffs.

Maybe we just need to run it back with the same guys and hope they stay healthy and progress.

Sike just playing, this line sucks and we need to drop a ton of money and picks on it.

Btw, 8 sacks for Jonah is atrocious.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...we'll get what the 6th highest graded OL at 31. Odds of that guy starting are low.

Now you may get a great TE or DE at that pick.

I wouldn’t go TE that high in this draft, but DT/DE/CB could all be good options in that spot. Maybe we’ll get lucky and the BPA will be OL anyway though.

Reply/Quote