Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF OL grades through week 4
(10-06-2020, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can you share just the Jag's game?  I used to love Truck's weekly report. 

Sorry Sad

(10-06-2020, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The individual games are for the top-tier paid subscription only, of which I do not have.

Mhm, slimeballs; all about the money now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 06:24 AM)Yogo Wrote: Just some quick observations here.

1) Bates has been in great position for pass and run plays, good reaction being Johnny on the spot, but his short arms really limits his tackling and wrapping up especially vs Cleveland.  He really needs to work on his tackling then he will be elite.
2)  A lot of elite pass rushers have been lining up over Hart rather than Williams.  Elite pass rushers take their chances over RTs rather than LTs these days.  Think that's going to explain why Hart's PFF is low pass blocking.  I know Jonah wants to be LT, but I think we need to draft a longer armed LT and move Jonah to RT next year.

Just my 2 cents.

Jonah has good RT experience too at Alabama, so that move should be able to work.
There should be quite a few 1st Rd caliber OTs in the next draft.

But also to your point, the pass rushers are going to go where their team thinks they have a better matchup, and right now the easier OT to beat is Hart.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can you share just the Jag's game?  I used to love Truck's weekly report. 

Quick top 5 on O and D

Offense:
Boyd 90.9
Burrow 80.8
Tate 78.5
Mixon 76.6
Sample 76.2
There were 3 more that had 70 grades and 2 that had high 60s, including Bobby Hart.

Defense:
Bates 86.5
Reader 83.8
Bledsoe 81.0 (14 snaps)
Dunlap 70.6
Covington 62.8
As you can see, the grades drop off there. There were 7 guys that graded in the 40s or worse.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Would would have caused Mixon to not be higher?

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 11:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Would would have caused Mixon to not be higher?

His pass blocking grade was 41.7 and his run blocking grade was 60.0

Considering how low those grades were, he must have maxed on several of his other runs to keep his overall grade that high. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 09:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Price has been far worse than Jordan. Unless you meant just out of the starters.

True, Price is gone...so sad, as another first round pick on the offensive line pukes.  At least Jonah looks like the real deal. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 09:59 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry Sad

Mhm, slimeballs; all about the money now.

Yeah, I would think they would be making bank every time the NFL uses their numbers on a broadcast...have to pay for that, I would assume, but greed shows they need to bend over the little guy.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Quick top 5 on O and D

Offense:
Boyd 90.9
Burrow 80.8
Tate 78.5
Mixon 76.6
Sample 76.2
There were 3 more that had 70 grades and 2 that had high 60s, including Bobby Hart.

Defense:
Bates 86.5
Reader 83.8
Bledsoe 81.0 (14 snaps)
Dunlap 70.6
Covington 62.8
As you can see, the grades drop off there. There were 7 guys that graded in the 40s or worse.

Thanks, man.  I'm surprised Lawson didn't grade out higher.  And I thought Vonn Bell played very well also.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 04:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He makes way too much relative to his level of play. You suggested we’re somehow getting a good deal on him. We’re not. He’s not even close to the 15th best RT in the league when you factor in his pass pro. Everyone knew that was a bad contract the minute they gave it to him.

I disagree which makes you wrong. Say most, but everyone does not agree with that statement.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Quick top 5 on O and D

Offense:
Boyd 90.9
Burrow 80.8
Tate 78.5
Mixon 76.6
Sample 76.2

Defense:
Bates 86.5
Reader 83.8
Bledsoe 81.0 (14 snaps)
Dunlap 70.6
Covington 62.8

What was Green's rating? I am guess no better than 10, he was one of worst on the field again. Yet, he is paid the most on our team. Poor investment so far in him and Geno.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 06:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, grades for the rest thru 4 games:

Offense:
QB: Burrow 79.9.
RB: Mixon 67.7; Bernard 64.4.
WR: Boyd 85.6, Higgins 65.8, Green 59.6; Tate 73.5, Thomas 66.1, Erickson 50.6, Ross 48.2.
TE: Uzomah 61.9; Sample 70.2, Carter 67.0.
OT: J. Williams 70.1, Hart 67.3
OG: XSF 75.5, Jordan 54.3, Redmond 54.6; Johnson 49.2, Price 38.8.
C: Hopkins 60.3

I think if Redmond had played vs better DLs (SD, CLE, PHI), he would be lower than Jordan.

Defense:
DE: Hubbard 61.6, Dunlap 55.4; Lawson 70.5, Bledsoe 68.1, Kareem 59.5.
DT: Reader 71.3, Daniels 50.1; Covington 60.2, A. Brown 46.1; Akinmoladun 62.5.
LB: Bynes 51.2, Pratt 44.1; L. Wilson 44.9, ADG 30.1, Evans 44.0.
CB: WJ3 67.5, Alexander 64.1, Phillips 57.5, Sims 59.9.
S: Bates 87.2, Bell 58.7; S. Williams 56.8.

This week, we could see Geno, Alexander, and L. Wilson return. And XSF is eligible to come off IR, though I think it may be a week or two more.

How is Green at 59.6? I call BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, I would think they would be making bank every time the NFL uses their numbers on a broadcast...have to pay for that, I would assume, but greed shows they need to bend over the little guy.  

You would think that the bigger they got, the cheaper they'd charge: nope. Get bought out by a large company, be much more prevalent and strike a deal with a major television network... but let's charge triple/quadruple what we charged others when we did more work and were smaller! <_<
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks, man.  I'm surprised Lawson didn't grade out higher.  And I thought Vonn Bell played very well also.  

Lawson was good on the pass rush and tackling but the run D was poor. 

Bell was pretty below average across the board. My gut reaction was, other than the one stop on 3rd down, i don't remember him doing anything of note. On the year i haven't felt he was what was expected. That's all reactionary though. Haven't made it a point to go back and watch his play yet.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What was Green's rating? I am guess no better than 10, he was one of worst on the field again. Yet, he is paid the most on our team. Poor investment so far in him and Geno.

Bottom of the list. 52.8 on 53 snaps.

Reply/Quote
Im surprised Whatever isnt griping or being critical of Tate.
That was nice grab he had
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You would think that the bigger they got, the cheaper they'd charge: nope. Get bought out by a large company, be much more prevalent and strike a deal with a major television network... but let's charge triple/quadruple what we charged others when we did more work and were smaller! <_<

Got to keep those investors happy. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree which makes you wrong. Say most, but everyone does not agree with that statement.

That deal was universally panned. No one in their right mind would have agreed that Hart deserved a raise/multi-year deal after his horrendous 2018 season.

You’re arguing just to argue.

Reply/Quote
Thanks ocho. I was wondering about this.

I hope the coaches don't think this is good enough. I'd like to see 2 olinemen, an outside pass rusher, and a strong DT among our top 4 draft picks in 2021. Gotta win in the trenches, and we're not.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Prior to week 4, he was not getting noticed as much because the RG spot was so terrible (Johnson and Price are way worse).
But with Redmond in, there might be more of a microscope on Jordan moving forward.

I can understand the optimism that Turner has for Jordan, but he was a 4th round pick for a reason. He wasn't ready to start and was originally expected to be groomed behind Boling. But then Boling retired and Jordan was kind of forced. He's learning how to swim by throwing him in the deep end. Given Jordan's draft status, I'm giving him more time to develop into a good player before I write him off, but I'd still look to find a better starter instead of him in the meantime.

Personally, I would go with XSF at LG and Redmond at RG for the rest of this season once XSF is ready to come back. Let Jordan learn from the sideline for some games.

And he's just 21 years old. The fact he's 4 years younger than Redmond and already playing at a similar level  as him is encouraging to me. I think he can be an above average guard after a few years of learning and strength building 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:19 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Thanks ocho. I was wondering about this.

I hope the coaches don't think this is good enough. I'd like to see 2 olinemen, an outside pass rusher, and a strong DT among our top 4 draft picks in 2021. Gotta win in the trenches, and we're not.

We still have lots of holes.

1) OL upgrades. Probably need a starting T and a starting G and a reserve C. One needs to be of the premium variety. 

2) Speedy WR. Ross & Green are underwhelming. To say the least.

3) DE. Pass rush is poor. Dunlap long in tooth. Lawson a FA.

4) LB. Early returns underwhelming from Bynes, Pratt, Wilson, & ADG. 

5) TE. Sample failed to catch 2 TDs last week and CJ tore his Achilles.

6) CB. Waynes is hurt, WJ3 & Alexander are FAs.

7) DT. Reader is not a pass rusher and Atkins is getting up there. Wren hurt again. Tupou sitting out. Covington/Daniels are stopgaps.
Reply/Quote