Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF - OL pressures in AFCCG
(01-31-2023, 11:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would be pretty happy with Volson as a versatile backup to the Gs spots. I still think that the best way to upgrade this line in FA this year is by signing one of the good Cs that are going to be FAs this year and moving Karras back to LG.

Karras played better at LG in New England than he did center.  Zac decided to move him back to center and he did worse at Center like he did in New England.  Before the season started I thought Karras would have been a better choice for LG while going after one of the better centers to really boost the O-line.  That could be an option this year too but I doubt they would do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He had no trouble reading the bills defense and Burrow has the quickest release second to only Tom Brady

He had no trouble reading the Bills defense because the O-line gave him time to stand back there and read what the defense was doing.  K.C. on the other hand didnt give Burrow much time at all and you see what happened.  If Burrow has time, he can shred a defense.  If Burrow doesnt have time, he has to try and make miracles happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: McGlinchey is going to cost a lot, and that's assuming he isn't retained by the 49ers.
However, the Bengals can get back a pretty significant cap amount by cutting Collins and Mixon.
Mixon - $7.2 mill
Collins - $6 mill
Total - $13.2 mill

The Bengals could look to do these moves to cover the cost of McGlinchey for 2023 while still keeping Jonah Williams in his 5th year option.
Then, in 2024, Jonah's freed up money covers McGlinchey while Carman (or a new draft pick) takes over LT full-time.

Also, absolutely not to having Adeniji back on the team next year. Dude is terrible.

If Mixon is cut or traded before June 1, the Bengals would save 7.2 million in cap space.  However, if the Bengals wait until after June 1 that clears 10 million in cap space.   

If Collins is cut or traded before June 1, the Bengals would save 6 million in cap space.  However, if the Bengals wait until after June 1 that clears 7.7 million in cap space.

Instead of having 13.2 million, you would now have 17.7 million in more cap room if you wait until after June 1 on those cuts/trades

Added.. You could also save a potential 12.6 million by getting rid of Jonah and going with Carman at LT
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 02:14 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Mixon is cut or traded before June 1, the Bengals would save 7.2 million in cap space.  However, if the Bengals wait until after June 1 that clears 10 million in cap space.   

If Collins is cut or traded before June 1, the Bengals would save 6 million in cap space.  However, if the Bengals wait until after June 1 that clears 7.7 million in cap space.

Instead of having 13.2 million, you would now have 17.7 million in more cap room if you wait until after June 1 on those cuts/trades

Added.. You could also save a potential 12.6 million by getting rid of Jonah and going with Carman at LT

We cannot cut LC until he is healthy.

We do not save any money by releasing Jonah.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 03:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m not debating the merits I’m just giving MHO that he’s a untouchable .

I disagree.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would be pretty happy with Volson as a versatile backup to the Gs spots. I still think that the best way to upgrade this line in FA this year is by signing one of the good Cs that are going to be FAs this year and moving Karras back to LG.

(Pre-disclaimer that I know PFF isn't gospel, but I think it's largely pretty okay at getting a general grasp of at least a simple good-or-bad.)
Free Agent Cs (PFF's C Ranking, out of 38):
CLE, Ethan Pocic (3rd)
NYJ, Connor McGovern (10th)
MIN, Garrett Bradbury (11th)

We're pretty much stuck with Jonah/Carman at LT in 2023, so after a C upgrade actually upgrading two spots on the OL, then draft a RT on day 1 or 2 of the draft. It wouldn't be an ideal OL, but it'd be another step forward and at least you'd have fully good IOL.

You know we are not paying another guard. They have Volson for 3 more years cheap.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 02:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We cannot cut LC until he is healthy.

We do not save any money by releasing Jonah.

Trade Jonah and you have 12.6 million more in cap space than you would if he were on the team
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 02:49 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Trade Jonah and you have 12.6 million more in cap space than you would if he were on the team

What team is dumb enough to pay 12.6M for an injury prone tackle, who should probably be a guard, that allowed the most sacks in the NFL?  You people are dreaming with this crazy talk.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 05:40 AM)casear2727 Wrote: What team is dumb enough to pay 12.6M for an injury prone tackle, who should probably be a guard, that allowed the most sacks in the NFL?  You people are dreaming with this crazy talk.

the jets
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 02:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the jets

As dumb as the Jets can be they only have 2.8M in cap space... not to mention they need to make room for Rodgers or Carr or whoever will be their QB next season.

Reply/Quote