Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Rankings
(09-09-2019, 11:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you want me to stop posting PFF stuff?

Nah. I like the numbers. Like i said, i just don't like the opinions. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interested Huber graded so high. I mean he had decent punts, but while the game was going...I wasn't like wow our punting was amazing.

He dropped two punts inside 10 yards of goal line I believe.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I probably wouldn't ding a QB on a TD throw either. But, it's a pretty decent metric for evaluating guys.

People seem to love the Hopkins rating.

The thing is, we could run the ball and gave up pressure on 35% of plays. That's going to effect a QB and ratings.

Pressure is going to affect a QBs throw. They should take that into consideration. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's fair. On the plus side of midfield, that late, down by that score, i would not have had a problem with them going for it. Defense was playing well and they need to be aggressive. I would have considered that 'aggressively smart'. 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is Willow? 

A powerful sorcerer.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pressure is going to affect a QBs throw. They should take that into consideration. 

PFF as I mentioned is not the tell all, this is one reason why as I agree, if experts are evaluating a QB performance, A smart throw away should be rewarded, completing passes under pressure should carry extra weight.
Of course, they also do not know all assignments some impossible to 100% accurately evaluate players.

But, it is better than nothing because they should be consistently not evaluating assignments for example.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pressure is going to affect a QBs throw. They should take that into consideration. 

No doubt, common sense to be they should evaluate completions/incompletions due to pressure.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: Typical PFF nonsense. Willis gets a crazy low rating for no reason as does Miller. The Dalton rating is also ridiculous. Likewise the Gio rating.

I feel people are sometimes biased against Dalton.

I remember when ESPN ranked Dalton 33rd best starting quarterback out of 32.

For instance ESPN's QBR system had Dalton as the 16th best quarterback this week.

I'll admit Dalton wasn't number 1, but was Russell Wilson who had 10 of 14 drives that went for 11 yards or less and on 6 of those 14 drives went for negative yards better than Dalton?

Russell Wilson who completed 14 passes was objectively better than Dalton how?

Dalton was as sharp as I've ever seen him in the first half. He was throwing to WRs far before their breaks, which takes 3 things. 

Confidence in himself and his wrs, it's takes near flawless reading of the defense and near perfect placement on those timing routes.

There was one pass were Dalton threw it to Uzomah and it freaks him out, because the ball is on him as soon as he makes that break.

How about Jimmy Garoppolo who went 18 of 27 for 1 TD and 1 pick for 166 yards?

That was a more impressive game then Dalton?

San Francisco 49ers own beat writers described his game as "shaky" and that's a better game than Dalton?

I'm not even trying to bash ESPN. They moved us up 6 spots in the power rankings and said we clearly looked like the more dominant team and said Andy and Zac look to be a good duo if they can win games like this.

But I also know that Jimmy Garoppolo and Russell Wilson didn't outperform Andy Dalton week 1.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, he was serviceable. But I’ve seen a couple people talking about how “great” he played. I don’t agree with that.

realitive to expectations... everything is realitive.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:01 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I feel people are sometimes biased against Dalton.

For instance ESPN's QBR system had Dalton as the 16th best quarterback this week.

I'll admit Dalton wasn't number 1, but was Russell Wilson who had 10 of 14 drives that went for 11 yards or less and on 6 of those 14 drives went for negative yards better than Dalton?

Dalton was as sharp as I've ever seen him in the first half. He was throwing to WRs far before their breaks, which takes 3 things. 

Confidence in himself and his wrs, it's takes near flawless reading of the defense and near perfect placement on those timing routes.

There was one pass were Dalton threw it to Uzomah and it freaks him out, because the ball is on him as soon as he makes that break.

San Francisco 49ers own beat writers described his game as "shaky" and that's a better game than Dalton?

I'm not even trying to bash ESPN. They moved us up 6 spots in the power rankings and said we clearly looked like the more dominant team and said Andy and Zac look to be a good duo if they can win games like this.

But I also know that Jimmy Garoppolo and Russell Wilson didn't outperform Andy Dalton week 1.

ESPN is big market biased to get more viewers. Cincinnati has to be a top 5 team to get accurate coverage from them

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:01 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I feel people are sometimes biased against Dalton.

Dalton was VERY good and it's hard to say that 10 QB's did better than him...since this was likely a career day for him.

That said, with Aaron Rodgers...we likely win that game.
Reply/Quote
This was why PFF graded Dalton 11:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Offense who were 75+ rating:
Hopkins - 77.0

Defense who were 75+ rating:
Billings - 87.8
Atkins - 86.5
Hubbard - 88.1
Dunlap - 79.7
Glasgow - 76.0
Brown - 78.9
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ESPN is big market biased to get more viewers. Cincinnati has to be a top 5 team to get accurate coverage from them

I think that's some of it. We're probably the least popular franchise in the NFL too.

IF we start winning playoff games though, ESPN will flock to us...atleast initially.
Reply/Quote

Russell made some sick passes through the one where he scrambled up the middle and threw to DK was amazing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:28 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Russell made some sick passes through the one where he scrambled up the middle and threw to DK was amazing.

So did AD, more than Wilson Sunday, not even close.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So did AD, more than Wilson Sunday, not even close.

It feels like they think he missed out on opportunities...especially in the 2nd half.

That said, on 51 throws...you're going to miss some. I don't know that their ranking system accounts for volume of passes that well in relation to missed throws.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So did AD, more than Wilson Sunday, not even close.

No doubt AD should have a higher ranking QBR( I hate QBR by the way) but I think Wilson's performance was impressive. Seattle might be a 4-12 team without him. Of course same could be said about Dalton.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It feels like they think he missed out on opportunities...especially in the 2nd half.

That said, on 51 throws...you're going to miss some. I don't know that their ranking system accounts for volume of passes that well in relation to missed throws.

The first fumble was a killer.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The first fumble was a killer.

It was. And lost in all the optimism from fans about how great the new offense is...is a bunch of mistakes on offense and poor execution at times. The PFF ratings show that. Really none of our players had a great game. Hopkins had a good game. Everyone else was above average or below...with some guys doing bad.

Hopefully we see improvement from game to game.

While losing by 1 is something. We should have easily won that, and it's a bit concerning that we didn't due to lost opportunities, conservative playcalling at the wrong times, lack of execution, mistakes, etc.
Reply/Quote