Reply/Quote
We need to talk about Josh Tupou more.
He was constantly getting a push in the
Pocket and had a sack of Cousins but
A holding by apple ruined that
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:42 AM)pally Wrote:

PFF is wrong here.

1 Sack was Drew Sample vs Danielle Hunter, 1 sack was Samaje Perine vs Harrison Smith, 2 sacks were Trey Hopkins vs Michael Pierce, and 1 was a jailbreak Nick Vigil sack looked like a miss communication on Quinton Spain.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yikes to the Hopkins numbers. He's gotta clean that up yesterday.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
No surprise the interior is still crap

Better than last year, but still crap. A liability
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 12:05 PM)Synric Wrote: PFF is wrong here.

1 Sack was Drew Sample vs Danielle Hunter, 1 sack was Samaje Perine vs Harrison Smith, 2 sacks were Trey Hopkins vs Michael Pierce, and 1 was a jailbreak Nick Vigil sack looked like a miss communication on Quinton Spain.

You know more about the X's and O's than I do big time, but this is what my eyes saw as well. Both Sample and Perine gave up sacks, and they both looked bad doing it. Hopkins gave up 2 and there was an obvious miscommunication on at least 1 that just looked messy in general. 

Hopkins has a little bit of an excuse after coming back from injury, but I hope he steps it up and improves as the season goes on. 
Reply/Quote

Good post.   Thats exactly how I remember each of them as well.   Was curious as to the assignments on the last one you referenced on the Vigil sack.  
Reply/Quote
do they have the crowd noise Decimal level?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 12:23 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Good post.   Thats exactly how I remember each of them as well.   Was curious as to the assignments on the last one you referenced on the Vigil sack.  

Vigil looking good out there for the most part.
Reply/Quote
Ricardo Allen looked great out there yesterday. Made several nice tackles and was constantly around the ball. Great pick up.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 12:36 PM)wcu Wrote: Ricardo Allen looked great out there yesterday.  Made several nice tackles and was constantly around the ball.  Great pick up.

Wasn't spoke of by comparison to some of the other signings, but he was an awesome value signing for the locker room/ leadership as well as for being a pretty solid player. 
Reply/Quote
Totally agree with the post on the sacks. 2 on Hopkins, one on Sample, one on Perine (yes, we miss Gio in pass protection), and a jailbreak miscommunication. PFF is wrong there.

But their ratings on D confirmed the eye test, that our DT play was fantastic. Hill, Reader, and Tupou in the top 5 squares with what I saw. Thought Ogunjobi was also good.

Our weakest spots continue to be Head Coach and IOL. Apple was rotten for a stretch in this one as well. Hope Waynes is back soon.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 12:57 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Totally agree with the post on the sacks. 2 on Hopkins, one on Sample, one on Perine (yes, we miss Gio in pass protection), and a jailbreak miscommunication. PFF is wrong there.

But their ratings on D confirmed the eye test, that our DT play was fantastic. Hill, Reader, and Tupou in the top 5 squares with what I saw. Thought Ogunjobi was also good.

Our weakest spots continue to be Head Coach and IOL. Apple was rotten for a stretch in this one as well. Hope Waynes is back soon.

And PFF being wrong on the cause for at least 3 sacks means their grades on O linemen are also wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 12:57 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Totally agree with the post on the sacks. 2 on Hopkins, one on Sample, one on Perine (yes, we miss Gio in pass protection), and a jailbreak miscommunication. PFF is wrong there.

Good Post
Reply/Quote

I actually put the Vigil on Mixon who was on check and release and decided to chip a blocked edge rather than working inside out and catching Vigil.
Reply/Quote

Saw the same. Hopkins had a rough game but those were mismatches the Defense of the Vike's took advantage of.

Sample shouldn't be taking on the D's best End. Spain had a miss communication. Need to clean these things up.

Spain had a good day though as well as everybody on the OL but Hopkins. If Hopkins continues to play like that we need to think
about starting Trey Hill at Center. Still, nice seeing us get a tough win against a quality opponent. Think good things are to come.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 12:36 PM)wcu Wrote: Ricardo Allen looked great out there yesterday.  Made several nice tackles and was constantly around the ball.  Great pick up.

Yeah, Ricardo is a damn good Safety. We have quite the trio with his addition.
Reply/Quote
Just to add to Pally's PFF post. 2020 grade in ().

Burrow: 69.7 (missed a wide open TD & they dropped a pick). (75.1)
Mixon: 80.3 (65.3)
Chase: 77.9 (n/a)
Higgins: 76.6 (75.9)
Boyd: 65.2 (75.8)
Uzomah: 68.1 (58.8)
Jonah: 73.0 (70.1)
Spain: 79.7 (56.7)
Hopkins: 36.3 (63.8)
XSF: 59.6 (59.1).
Reiff: 62.2 (71.4)
Sample: not rated (61.4)
Perine: 57.4 (76.7)
Thomas: 57.6 (55.2)
Reply/Quote
The missed TD pass to Mike Thomas hurt.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 01:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The missed TD pass to Mike Thomas hurt.

At least it didn't cost us the game. Good D saved our ass. Germaine Pratt namely.
Reply/Quote