Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades week 3
Perine is better this year at pass protection - last year he was horrific at it (4 sacks can be laid at his feet). He's not a bell cow but when he remembers to run behind his pads he gets good power and can drive into a hole and still can break the big play (remember he had more than one long TD run last year). A good piece of a RBBC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 10:25 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Realistically, I don't want a bellcow type guy. They tend to be more expensive, and RB quality is rather unimportant anyways. A RB that averages 4.1 YPC isn't that different from a guy who averages 4.7 YPC, for instance. Team success/offensive output is barely changed. I'll take a RBBC and use the saved cash to re-sign other more important players. 

I am ok with a RBBC provided, as you said, there's no expensive RB.
But if you sign an expensive RB, they better be a bell cow, and they better be effective.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's really no comparison, when it comes to speed between the two.  Mixon's 'official' time was 4.43 and Perine clocked in at 4.66, so even on his best day, Perine ain't out running NFL LBs, let alone CBs.

He looked fast enough on the 40 yard screen pass TD in the AFC Championship game
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 03:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: And we have another classic case of PFF ratings not aligning with what we actually saw or the actual game results. This is the problem with "secret sauce" synthetic ratings - we do not know the exact formula so we cannot tell why they rated like they did.

They just make it up as they go.  They're click bait pretending to be a legit analytics tool.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote