Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS UN Speech
He did everything but bang a shoe....

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/19/trump-un-speech-2017-full-text-transcript-242879

Quote:Fortunately, the United States has done very well since Election Day last November 8th. The stock market is at an all-time high -- a record. Unemployment is at its lowest level in 16 years, and because of our regulatory and other reforms, we have more people working in the United States today than ever before. Companies are moving back, creating job growth the likes of which our country has not seen in a very long time. And it has just been announced that we will be spending almost $700 billion on our military and defense.

Our military will soon be the strongest it has ever been. For more than 70 years, in times of war and peace, the leaders of nations, movements, and religions have stood before this assembly. Like them, I intend to address some of the very serious threats before us today but also the enormous potential waiting to be unleashed.

This institution was founded in the aftermath of two world wars to help shape this better future. It was based on the vision that diverse nations could cooperate to protect their sovereignty, preserve their security, and promote their prosperity.

It was in the same period, exactly 70 years ago, that the United States developed the Marshall Plan to help restore Europe. Those three beautiful pillars -- they’re pillars of peace, sovereignty, security, and prosperity.

The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime. The United States is ready, willing and able, but hopefully this will not be necessary. That’s what the United Nations is all about; that’s what the United Nations is for. Let’s see how they do.

The Iran Deal was one of the worst and most one-sided transactions the United States has ever entered into. Frankly, that deal is an embarrassment to the United States, and I don’t think you’ve heard the last of it -- believe me.

The United States and our allies are working together throughout the Middle East to crush the loser terrorists and stop the reemergence of safe havens they use to launch attacks on all of our people.

The United States is one out of 193 countries in the United Nations, and yet we pay 22 percent of the entire budget and more. In fact, we pay far more than anybody realizes. The United States bears an unfair cost burden, but, to be fair, if it could actually accomplish all of its stated goals, especially the goal of peace, this investment would easily be well worth it.

Overall not a bad speech.  Mind you he was reading from a teleprompter and still went with "rocket man" and "loser terrorists" and a "believe me".  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Made a thread laughing at POTUS speech mistakes... misspelled speech as seppech in the title.

Classic.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-19-2017, 03:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Made a thread laughing at POTUS speech mistakes... misspelled speech as seppech in the title.

Classic.

Oh...spelling.   Mellow

My bad.

I wasn't making fun of his mistakes as much as his inability to speak at all.

When I'm POTUS I'll be more careful.  ThumbsUp

Nice diversion though.  Kudos!
(09-19-2017, 03:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh...spelling.   Mellow

My bad.

You're right, he should have just posted a gif.

My bad.

How did you get to "seppech"?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-19-2017, 04:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How did you get to "seppech"?

Fat fingers....lol.

Didn't proof the title either!  
(09-19-2017, 04:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Fat fingers....lol.

Didn't proof the title either!  

True story.  I spent a very small amount of time trying to figure out what it stood for before I realized it was supposed to be "Speech".
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

My bad.

Okay, confefe.

(09-19-2017, 04:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: True story.  I spent a very small amount of time trying to figure out what it stood for before I realized it was supposed to be "Speech".

I've found that most of my misspelling and skipped words get completely ignored. If I didn't proof read it well I usually catch them while reading a response.
(09-19-2017, 05:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Okay, confefe.

Mellow

[Image: donald-trump-covfefe]

"covfefe"

Smirk
(09-19-2017, 05:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

[Image: donald-trump-covfefe]

"covfefe"

Smirk

Nah, confefe is something totally different.

I'm not going to tell you what it is, though. Guess.

(09-19-2017, 05:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nah, confefe is something totally different.

I'm not going to tell you what it is, though. Guess.

Lack of an understanding of irony?   Mellow
(09-19-2017, 07:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lack of an understanding of irony?   Mellow

Sarcasm, man. Come on.

I didn't think I needed a ninja for that.

(09-19-2017, 07:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sarcasm, man. Come on.

I didn't think I needed a ninja for that.

Smirk
I did not listen to the speech live, but I have heard several audio soundbites from the speech. I thought that he sounded, well, good. He sounded collected, and stuck to the script.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I was listening live on the radio and turned it off after a line that said something like “The United States doesn’t go around telling other countries how to govern themselves.” Context, he was making points about a country’s right to absolute sovereignty.
I guess it was a speech for Americans. It won't sit too well with the world.
(09-20-2017, 12:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: I guess it was a speech for Americans. It won't sit too well with the world.

He is our president. It better be for us. Who cares what the world thinks.
(09-19-2017, 07:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I did not listen to the speech live, but I have heard several audio soundbites from the speech. I thought that he sounded, well, good. He sounded collected, and stuck to the script.

Same here. From What I heard.... I liked it.
(09-20-2017, 01:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is our president.  It better be for us.   Who cares what the world thinks.

Fair enough. I just mentioned it because of the stage. He's talking to the world, after all.

I also don't think the speech particularly helps the US with anything, but that's a different story.