Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS mum on Kate
(07-15-2015, 02:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have a question:  Do you think or believe that this illegal immigrant would have killed someone had he not be on pills or had he not found the gun?

I mean do you think that it was just a matter of time given that he was convicted multiple times and was an illegal alien?  

(07-15-2015, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have zero way of knowing this; however, the crime seems senseless so I would say with lack of the killing pill and gun: No

Now I have a question: If he were in mexico or in prison do you think he would have killed Kate?

I mean it's not his fault right and he derserved to be here?

(07-15-2015, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The reason that man killed that girl was because he was here illegally. If he were on pills in Mexico would he have killed Kate in SF? Remember your common sense approach.

If the man that had killed Kate had been a U.S. citizen and it were determined he was on pills then I could see the logic behind the "pills caused it" asertion and the need to address the pills case murders slant.

To me it is absurd to suggest: "We have illegal immigrants that have been convicted of numerous felonies, deported numerous times, and is only on the street because of sancuary laws killing US citizens while they are high; what should be our course of action?" "We've got to address this pill problem pronto!!"

Once again we will wait for any legislation that may be suggested from this case.

Perhaps what you mean if he was anywhere else he would not have killed Kate.  Whether he was here illegally or not if he was somewhere else he would not have been there to find the gun and shoot Kate.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-15-2015, 03:05 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Hey.... I'll admit, I could be wrong.
It's been a while.
I just thought I remembered him giving condolences personally, on tv.
:snark:

He did, but that is because there were "secondary circumstances". I think it was Pills; benton would know.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-15-2015, 03:05 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Hey.... I'll admit, I could be wrong.
It's been a while.
I just thought I remembered him giving condolences personally, on tv.
:snark:

Often times (and I do NOT know if this is the case this time) the President gets asked about something like the Houston death and he responds and over time it gets trans-morphed into "The President issued a statement".

And he may have issued it directly but I'm talking about other cases where the news says he spoke about something when it was an answer to a question and not his sole purpose for speaking.
(07-15-2015, 03:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Perhaps what you mean if he was anywhere else he would not have killed Kate.  

Gotta assume you are unfamiliar with the word "here".

(07-15-2015, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta assume you are unfamiliar with the word "here".

So was it because he was there?  Because he was an illegal immigrant? Or what?

Even your own quotes don't convince you.
Quote:bfine32
The reason that man killed that girl was because he was here illegally.

Apparently drug abuse is growing. Only someone baked out of his biscuit would think his immigration status was the reason she was shot.

A (supposedly) misplaced gun and drugs? Nay, had to be the fact he crossed an invisible line.

LOL
(07-15-2015, 03:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: So was it because he was there?  Because he was an illegal immigrant? Or what?

Even your own quotes don't convince you.

Your attempts to turn this into a debate of semantics is telling. Everyone knows full well what the issue in question is.

What is that word you constantly use: troll?

(07-15-2015, 03:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Apparently drug abuse is growing. Only someone baked out of his biscuit would think his immigration status was the reason she was shot.

A (supposedly) misplaced gun and drugs? Nay, had to be the fact he crossed an invisible line.

LOL

As I said; I guess we'll just have to wait on the litigation that this case inspires.

I doubt there are too many that think it will be a discussion about pill use in America; hell I'm surprised there is even one.

My money (as silly as it sounds to you) it that it will address Immigration Reform.

(07-15-2015, 03:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your attempts to turn this into a debate of semantics is telling. Everyone knows full well what the issue in question is.

What is that word you constantly use: troll?

I was just trying to help you.

Since you've moved past race (finally) at least you need to be clear about what you mean.

You said his being illegal was not the reason he killed Kate.  Then you said it was.

What I think you meant was his being illegal AND being in that spot at that time.  Which would not matter if he was illegal or not.
(07-15-2015, 04:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was just trying to help you.

Since you've moved past race (finally) at least you need to be clear about what you mean.

You said his being illegal was not the reason he killed Kate.  Then you said it was.

What I think you meant was his being illegal AND being in that spot at that time.  Which would not matter if he was illegal or not.

Solid post.

(07-15-2015, 02:55 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno, but give it a shot. Maybe that way you can think about what you're saying.

You didn't say they murdered at a higher rate, you said that was the reason she was killed. That he was here illegally. I said it was because of pills. Then you started rambling about absurdity.

Drugs are a bigger factor in homicides than immigration status. Numbers support it. Common sense supports it. You don't.

I'll go with numbers and common sense 4-1 times.

I don't really care if he was high or not. He had no business being in the US. ICE needs to get their crap together and get these people deported that have criminal records. We don't want another countries criminals, we have enough of our own.

Maybe we should start loading up excess prisoners from our prisons and send them south of the border and tell them to never come back to the US? How do you think Mexico would respond to that?
(07-15-2015, 05:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:
I don't really care if he was high or not. He had no business being in the US. ICE needs to get their crap together and get these people deported that have criminal records.
We don't want another countries criminals, we have enough of our own.

Maybe we should start loading up excess prisoners from our prisons and send them south of the border and tell them to never come back to the US? How do you think Mexico would respond to that?

Agreed. Immigrants with a felony should be deported. The problem isn't on ICE, though, it's on lawmakers who since the 80s have answered the problem by not funding the regulation agencies, instead they dumbed down penalties and made it easier for businesses to employ illegals... the main reason most — including this guy — are here.

I don't care how Mexico would respond. Although it is funny, the foundation of imprisonment is banishment. Used to, instead of locking people up, for many crimes they were just kicked out to other countries.

Either way, it's disingenuous to say his mental faculties being impaired by drugs had less to do with killing someone than his ability to walk north. Would he have been here if the system worked more efficiently? Probably not. Would he have shot someone if he wasn't whacked out on drugs? Probably not.  
At least we can all take comfort in the fact the the Department of Homeland Security is taking this matter seriously:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Kate-Steinle-Jeh-Johnson-doesnt-know/2015/07/14/id/657077/

Quote:Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on Tuesday was asked by a Congressional panel Tuesday whether the White House had reached out to the family of Kate Steinle, the woman shot to death in San Francsco. An illegal immigrant deported five times has been charged in her death.

"To who?" Johnson asked.

"To the family of the woman who brutally murdered by this individual who had committed seven different felonies in four different states and my understanding had been deported, kept coming back, has the administration reached out to that family?" Republican Rep. Steve Chabot of Ohio responded.

"I’m sorry, I don’t know the answer to that question sir," Johnson said.

But at least POTUS has his heart in the right place:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/07/15/starnes-kate-steinle-may-not-look-one-presidents-children-doesnt-her-life-matter-too

Quote:It was nearly two weeks ago that Miss Steinle was murdered. As of this posting - her family has yet to receive a single condolence note from the president.

Her name has not been uttered from the Rose Garden or the East Room.
But the President did find time to write personal letters to 46 felons - set free after he commuted their sentences.

Maybe it is because the POTUS has some respect for the family and their wishes, unlike others who could care less for the purpose of trying to 'score' political points:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/kate-steinles-brother-slams-trump-if-youre-gonna-sensationalize-my-sisters-death-call-first/
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-16-2015, 02:22 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Maybe it is because the POTUS has some respect for the family and their wishes, unlike others who could care less for the purpose of trying to 'score' political points:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/kate-steinles-brother-slams-trump-if-youre-gonna-sensationalize-my-sisters-death-call-first/

Are you saying he didn't respect the families of those that he has brought to the national media?

(07-15-2015, 11:46 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. Immigrants with a felony should be deported. The problem isn't on ICE, though, it's on lawmakers who since the 80s have answered the problem by not funding the regulation agencies, instead they dumbed down penalties and made it easier for businesses to employ illegals... the main reason most — including this guy — are here.

Agreed.  So with all this outrage and call to action do we have a list of people/employers that hired this guy?  That incentivized and sponsored his existence in this country?
(07-16-2015, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  So with all this outrage and call to action do we have a list of people/employers that hired this guy?  That incentivized and sponsored his existence in this country?

So we're all in agreement that we don't want illegal immigrants with criminal backgrounds here? Correct?

Ok we got that outa the way.  Are we still outraged that the prez hasn't shown enough outrage?
(07-16-2015, 12:07 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: So we're all in agreement that we don't want illegal immigrants with criminal backgrounds here? Correct?

Ok we got that outa the way.  Are we still outraged that the prez hasn't shown enough outrage?

No.
(07-16-2015, 12:07 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: So we're all in agreement that we don't want illegal immigrants with criminal backgrounds here? Correct?

Do we agree on that?  I paid to have the roof fixed a year ago and I went with a cheaper estimate and I have to tell you if you held a gun to my head and asked me if I were certain all those brown guys on the roof were here legally had clean records I would have said "I don't know, I just want to save money."  Perhaps I lured a group of illegals with criminal records into my neighborhood.  I guess I can just be like so many and benefit from the reduced labor costs while screaming that the government should fix this.
(07-16-2015, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  So with all this outrage and call to action do we have a list of people/employers that hired this guy?  That incentivized and sponsored his existence in this country?

(07-16-2015, 12:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do we agree on that?  I paid to have the roof fixed a year ago and I went with a cheaper estimate and I have to tell you if you held a gun to my head and asked me if I were certain all those brown guys on the roof were here legally had clean records I would have said "I don't know, I just want to save money."  Perhaps I lured a group of illegals with criminal records into my neighborhood.  I guess I can just be like so many and benefit from the reduced labor costs while screaming that the government should fix this.

I just wanted to see these two posts together.
ThumbsUp