Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRICE
I too wanted Ragnew but I’m still happy we got Price. But Ragnew is right back of the swing of things. Right where he left off with no sacks in his career at Arkansas. He’s playing left guard for the Lions and is just dominating in practice. I haven’t heard anything about Price dominating. It’s still early I’m not worried about Price at all. He was pretty bad ass at Ohio State.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 03:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Going to be a tough season on offense if Price does not improve the snaps, has been struggling all camp and today was terrible on snaps.

CUT HIM....
He's a bum........

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
You don't have to worry about Price, he and the coaches will get it all worked out.

But,

People need to temper their expectations about this O Line. It takes time for an O Line working together to become good, a lot of time working together. I'm not saying this O Line is going to be bad, it will be better than last year but it is not going to be Cowboys or Pittsburgh good. It's going to take a couple of years for that to happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 09:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think he saw Dalton in the showers and now he's just skurred having him stand right behind him when he's bent over.

Shhh! You're going to get Brad worked into a lather talking about that.  Stop
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 09:51 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I too wanted Ragnew but I’m still happy we got Price.  But Ragnew is right back of the swing of things.  Right where he left off with no sacks in his career at Arkansas.  He’s playing left guard for the Lions and is just dominating in practice. I haven’t heard anything about Price dominating.   It’s still early I’m not worried about Price at all.  He was pretty bad ass at Ohio State.

You wanted who??  Dude, you can't even spell his name, but you wanted him on the team?   LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wanted Ragweed as well but am elated to get Price and believe he will work it out.

It was splitting hairs between him and Ragweed anyway, but loved that no sack stat while playing in SEC.

Anyway think it has to do with Price's injury keeping him from working on this stuff until now. Wasn't he just recently cleared ?

Certain he would have brushed up on under Center snaps knowing it was new to him a lot. But had to rehab instead.

But as Psychdoc said, worst case scenario he will just move over to Guard where we know he will succeed. Yet who will fill those shoes ?

Still believe it will work out at Center for him though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 07:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I stated this in the training camp thread but I would like to explain it here as well so that fans understand the psychology behind Price's issue with snaps.

I am a sport psychologist and I am currently working with a college baseball team on similar issues.  

There is a psychometric instrument called TAIS;  The Attentional  Interpersonal Style Inventory.  Basically athletes vary are their ability to shift from a broad scanning of the field of play to specific details.  This would apply to most sporting events.  Some athletes struggle with shifting his or her attention from a broad scan to a narrow detailed perspective.  An analogy would be taking a photo snapshot of the Grand Canyon (broad view) and then noticing specific flowers in the photo (narrow view).  You heard the saying: "You can't see the forest for the trees?"  It means sometimes athletes (or people in general) can't see the broad picture because they are focusing on a specific problem or detail.  

Price maybe going through this difficulty for a variety of reasons, Geno Atkins being one (Someone said this in another thread :), game book, taking responsibility to call out assignments, speed of game, not used to QB under center.  

Price is apparently distracted internally and externally.  Once the game slows down, it will help.  Once Price learns assignments, it will help.  Once he feels comfortable with QB under center, this will help.  

Another thing, Price is an aggressive player with a high motor.  This means his somatic arousal is taut.  High somatic arousal (tension) in additional to overthinking is not a good combination at the NFL level because the game speed is significant compared to college level play.

Some athletes adjust and learn to shift their attention because they are able to "chunk" bits of information and it takes up less head space. Nevertheless, some athletes cannot adjust and cannot shift his or her attention appropriately.    

The worse case scenario for Price: he gets moved to RG.      

Think his sphincter might be a little too taut as well. Ninja  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
WAY too early to even talk about moving him to guard. Let’s see the kid take a meaningful snap in a game against another team first shall we?

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 10:00 PM)Steve Wrote: CUT HIM....
He's a bum........

Hilarious

My thread has zero with cutting or being a bum or a wasted pick.. i totally agreed we needed a center with 1st pick of the top 3 were still there.. it was a very obvious observation that probably was the main observation of those coaching and writing on the Bengals.  Does not mean Price won;t fix it but nothing kills an offense more than exchange issues so is a legitimate concern and not sure if you were at the family day but there was some real frustration going on with the exchange issues on the sidelines...
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 06:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He played one season at center at Ohio State, and the NFL is an entirely different ball game, so, while snapping may be the same (which he's still relatively new at after 3 years at guard in college and only one at center), he has to do it while thinking of all of the line calls and adjustments he has to make, all while getting ready to do his own job.

Plus, the quarterback and center have to get used to each other and comfortable with the hand-to-ass connection, so I'm not worried about it.

Ok, Brad...now I am thinking of my ex-wife and have no idea what the original topic was  Ninja LMAO
Reply/Quote
Wink 
Wonder if this guy is still around.....He's got some snaps under his belt.....oh wait.... Facepalm [Image: 3980153791_e23dbef6a7_b.jpg]

Let's hope Price isn't developing a case of the yips.

[Image: chuck-knoblauch-o.gif?w=1100]
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 06:48 PM)BernLock Wrote: He’s a first round draft pick. Snapping a ball is the most basic skill for a center. And he can’t do it consistently with no one in his face. What do you think he’s gonna do with someone like Donald in his face?? Magically just figure it out. It’s a big issue

You are still ignoring the fact Price never snapped from under Center before and only played one year of Center
mostly making Shotgun snaps. Aaron Donald is tough but Geno Atkins is stronger and a better pass rusher from
the 3-tech anyways.

So i don't understand how Donald would put any more fear into him than Geno...

(08-04-2018, 07:37 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Im not panicked at all my man.  I just mentioned that ragnow is dominating and apparently that upsets you.  I hope price works out..we need him to.  I just wish the lions wouldent have took the ragnow...we would be talking about him dominating rather than 10 botched snaps.

Ragnow is playing Guard and not playing against Geno frickin' Sackins.

I was the biggest fan of Ragnow on this board for us in the first round but he would have lots of troubles with Atkins.

He definately would not be dominating here and i love Ragnow. He would be struggling, maybe not with the snaps like
Price is cause he did snap from under Center at Arkansas, but he would have trouble blocking these guys.

The Lions have nobody like Geno.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are still ignoring the fact Price never snapped from under Center before and only played one year of Center
mostly making Shotgun snaps. Aaron Donald is tough but Geno Atkins is stronger and a better pass rusher from
the 3-tech anyways.

I was the biggest fan of Ragnow on this board for us in the first round but he would have lots of troubles with Atkins.

He definately would not be dominating here and i love Ragnow. He would be struggling, maybe not with the snaps like
Price is cause he did snap from under Center at Arkansas, but he would have trouble blocking these guys.

You could have the biggest, baddest, stud center of all time and he's going to lose to Geno on occasion.

Nobody puts Geno in a corner...........on every play !  Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 06:48 PM)BernLock Wrote: He’s a first round draft pick. Snapping a ball is the most basic skill for a center. And he can’t do it consistently with no one in his face. What do you think he’s gonna do with someone like Donald in his face?? Magically just figure it out. It’s a big issue

Why bring up Donald? 

We don't play Donald this year.  Not every team has a player like Donald, so it is weird that you invoke him when discussing this issue.

While I am concerned that Price is struggling, especially when I remember our last C struggling with snapping the ball, I wouldn't invoke a dominant player, like Donald, on a team we won't be facing this year.
Reply/Quote
Price is Right !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are still ignoring the fact Price never snapped from under Center before and only played one year of Center
the 3-tech anyways.

do you really believe he would only exclusively line up against geno?  We got a lot of homers on this board.  Ragnow is absolutely dominating accordidng to eveyone at lions camp and hes playing out of position.  Hes an even better center.  Its certainly not far fetched that had he lasted till 21 that he would be having a great camp for us rather than the lions.  Didnt realize so many people would get their panties in a bunch saying ragnow was killing it for lions.  The facts are ragnow is having a great camp and price is not.  Does this mean ragnow is gonna have a better career? NO it does not.  Its just their first couple weeks of camp...price has plenty of time to fix this but lets quit downplaying the issue.  If this happens at this frequency in games he will have a very short career in the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 07:06 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I blame the lions.  They stole Ragnow from us.  Just read a few articles about how he is dominating in lions camp...and then come back to see Price is still botching snaps left and right.  He has got to get this fixed in a hurry.

What the Lions did or didn't do is completely irrelevant. Ragnow is a Lion and Price is a Bengal . We don't get to sit and say we lost a season because another team stole a player some fans wanted. We have who we have and they have who they have. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 05:40 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: do you really believe he would only exclusively line up against geno?  We got a lot of homers on this board.  Ragnow is absolutely dominating accordidng to eveyone at lions camp and hes playing out of position.  Hes an even better center.  Its certainly not far fetched that had he lasted till 21 that he would be having a great camp for us rather than the lions.  Didnt realize so many people would get their panties in a bunch saying ragnow was killing it for lions.  The facts are ragnow is having a great camp and price is not.  Does this mean ragnow is gonna have a better career? NO it does not.  Its just their first couple weeks of camp...price has plenty of time to fix this but lets quit downplaying the issue.  If this happens at this frequency in games he will have a very short career in the nfl.

It boils down to putting the ball in Dalton's hands.  I'm sure Price is smart enough to figure that out by week 1.  I'd be in a hurry to get the ball off the ground if I knew I had to deal with Geno right away.  He'll get it down.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Let me check my cup of concern about Price being a quality center on day 1......... nope, still empty!!!
Hard to believe we haven't played the 1st pre season game yet, and people are talking about moving Price to Guard. Billy will be fine at Center, and will be a huge upgrade over Bodine. Even if he botches a snap here or there while he's getting acclimated that is still better than getting pushed back into Dalton every play. No concern here.....
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Let me check my cup of concern about Price being a quality center on day 1......... nope, still empty!!!
Hard to believe we haven't played the 1st pre season game yet, and people are talking about moving Price to Guard. Billy will be fine at Center, and will be a huge upgrade over Bodine. Even if he botches a snap here or there while he's getting acclimated that is still better than getting pushed back into Dalton every play. No concern here.....

Ah, the voice of reason.  Good post Sled!   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote