Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRICE
WHO'S DONALD? Ninja Ninja

Reply/Quote
Yet another example of how the spread offense being used in college is ruining the NFL game.  It's not just QBs struggling to adapt now.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can someone that was at the practices and mock game clarify something really fast?

From what I understand the biggest snap issue is Price not snapping the ball? If true that would be a learning the verbage error over snap technique.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I know there are some here that will not agree with this, but I've always felt a first rounder should be able to come in Day 1 and be a quality starter with no glaring issues. For that reason, I did not consider Price a first round prospect. I think Price has great potential but there are things he has to work on. It might mean he struggles in the first half of the season, but I have confidence he'll be fine by the end of the year. We'll have to wait and see.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I’m not overly worried. Price is getting used to a new offense and a new technique at Center - he’ll get it.

Also, so far the other things a Center does outside of the snap Price is doing well at. Like holding the point, not getting shoved back into the QB and helping actual pockets form.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 12:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: I’m not overly worried. Price is getting used to a new offense and a new technique at Center - he’ll get it.

Also, so far the other things a Center does outside of the snap Price is doing well at. Like holding the point, not getting shoved back into the QB and helping actual pockets form.

This is great news. Is this a personal observation or did Pollack or ML state it to the media. If so, do you have a link?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yet another example of how the spread offense being used in college is ruining the NFL game.  It's not just QBs struggling to adapt now.

Agreed 100%. Should be outlawed IMO 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yet another example of how the spread offense being used in college is ruining the NFL game.  It's not just QBs struggling to adapt now.

If Price can't overcome his exchanges with Andy, and he's good at shotgun as a Center, then let's play the entire year in the shotgun formation. This will be the easiest fix. Gotta think outside of the box.

[Image: the-more-you-590796.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 11:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I know there are some here that will not agree with this, but I've always felt a first rounder should be able to come in Day 1 and be a quality starter with no glaring issues. For that reason, I did not consider Price a first round prospect. I think Price has great potential but there are things he has to work on. It might mean he struggles in the first half of the season, but I have confidence he'll be fine by the end of the year. We'll have to wait and see.

I agree with you to a certain extent.  How many major college programs run a pro-style offense that prepares centers and QB's for the NFL?  I don't watch a lot of conferences outside of the Big 10 and SEC but I'm thinking not many.  Hence you get a caliber player in the spread - but behind the learning curve in the pro-style along with playing against pretty much all elite players (not encountered in college) at a higher rate of speed.  I just hope Price adapts fast.  I also hope Lazor and Pollack have plan B's and adjustments that are practice and can be applied on the fly instead of laboring through a sub 500 season.  Not asking for much - am I!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I know one thing.  If he botches a single snap in a preseason game this forum with be on fire with people claiming he is a bust and the 2018 season is totally ruined.  Wink

I think this very thread is proof that this would not be the reaction. Price would pretty much have to shoot someone on the field to get any substantial negative feedback around here and many would point to the shooting as doing a good job of protecting Andy. 

As to the OP: How long are Price's arms? Seems that's an issue when Centers mess up snaps when the QB is under center. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 11:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I know there are some here that will not agree with this, but I've always felt a first rounder should be able to come in Day 1 and be a quality starter with no glaring issues.

Doesn't matter who agrees with you.  The fact is that less than half of first round picks start day one as a rookie.

Over the previous ten years ('08-'17) only 72 of 320 first round picks started 16 games as a rookie.  Less than half of them (150) started more than 11 games.

I realize there may have been a few who were opening day starters who then missed more than 5 games with an injury, but the fact remains that your expectations are too high for first round picks.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 02:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think this very thread is proof that this would not be the reaction. Price would pretty much have to shoot someone on the field to get any substantial negative feedback around here and many would point to the shooting as doing a good job of protecting Andy. 

As to the OP: How long are Price's arms? Seems that's an issue when Centers mess up snaps when the QB is under center. 

The other knock on Price, short arms.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The other knock on Price, short arms.

Just as long as they are long enough to b*tch slap some squeelers!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 05:40 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: do you really believe he would only exclusively line up against geno?  We got a lot of homers on this board.  Ragnow is absolutely dominating accordidng to eveyone at lions camp and hes playing out of position.  Hes an even better center.  Its certainly not far fetched that had he lasted till 21 that he would be having a great camp for us rather than the lions.  Didnt realize so many people would get their panties in a bunch saying ragnow was killing it for lions.  The facts are ragnow is having a great camp and price is not.  Does this mean ragnow is gonna have a better career? NO it does not.  Its just their first couple weeks of camp...price has plenty of time to fix this but lets quit downplaying the issue.  If this happens at this frequency in games he will have a very short career in the nfl.

That is who he is lining up against Mikey. Geno and Billings.

Who the heck do the Lions got right now? I am honestly just asking a serious question cause i do not know.

Go cry over spilt milk with your panties in a bunch cause the Lions picked Ragnow right before us.

I was the biggest pusher for Ragnow on this board but that doesn't matter anymore cause we got Price who could be better.

He just has to clean up the snap issue, which he will eventually.

(08-06-2018, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Let me check my cup of concern about Price being a quality center on day 1......... nope, still empty!!!
Hard to believe we haven't played the 1st pre season game yet, and people are talking about moving Price to Guard. Billy will be fine at Center, and will be a huge upgrade over Bodine. Even if he botches a snap here or there while he's getting acclimated that is still better than getting pushed back into Dalton every play. No concern here.....

Spot on Sled. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 02:42 PM)BengalD Wrote: Just as long as they are long enough to b*tch slap some squeelers!

Looking forward to watching him pancake those guys.

Best run blocker i saw at Center last year, just pancaked dudes while the RB ran for long TD's.

Was saying back then, "wish we had that guy at Center." Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looking forward to watching him pancake those guys.

Best run blocker i saw at Center last year, just pancaked dudes while the RB ran for long TD's.

Was saying back then, "wish we had that guy at Center." Smirk

Remember thinking the same thing and fearing there would be no way we'd get him.   I figured he'd end up in that tweener zone between where we pick in the first round and where we pick in the 2nd.

If he can get his snaps down, and he can handle Billings and Geno, I think we'll have a quantum upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 02:54 PM)3wt Wrote: Remember thinking the same thing and fearing there would be no way we'd get him.   I figured he'd end up in that tweener zone between where we pick in the first round and where we pick in the 2nd.

If he can get his snaps down, and he can handle Billings and Geno, I think we'll have a quantum upgrade.

I think Price could be our best Center of all time. It will take some time to get the snaps under Center down though.

People need a little patience. Braham was a good run blocker and good pass blocker, solid.

Price is a great run blocker and could be a great pass blocker, he has all the tools and a great anchor.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 10:13 AM)RASCAL Wrote: WHO'S DONALD? Ninja  Ninja

That guy that is not as good as Geno Atkins...
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Price could be our best Center of all time. It will take some time to get the snaps under Center down though.

People need a little patience. Braham was a good run blocker and good pass blocker, solid.

Price is a great run blocker and could be a great pass blocker, he has all the tools and a great anchor.

I agree, long term Price could be a stud at center. The question becomes if it is legit for fans to worry about 2018 because we have a rookie center that has developed snap issues early on.

I am concerned for 2018 and will be until I see the issue fixed in preseason and minimal issues in regular seasons. I loved the pick and feel he has the potential to be a beast. I just need to see potential = results, a lot of Heisman Trophy and 1st round picks had loads of potential and out of football within 4 to 5 years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 01:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is great news. Is this a personal observation or did Pollack or ML state it to the media. If so, do you have a link?

Observation. He seems to be holding the point properly and I did not see any guys flying in unblocked (a common sight in the Bodine years). 
Reply/Quote