Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRICE
(08-07-2018, 07:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok I preferred Ragnow also but felt Price was the right pick once Ragnow was gone.

TBH, we really don't know what we get until they hit the field. After a year or two goes by, we will know if we made the right pic. I think we did. But, we will see. If Ragnow was still there, we could punish ourselves. But your right, it was our best 2nd option.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 06:32 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Looks like I touched a nerve.  You implied that Ragnow woulden't be able to snap in front of geno either (lol this is just amusing to me, like he would be sooo afraid of geno he wouldent be able to snap the ball).  I said that he wont be facing just Geno.  Then this gem.  So you still think that Price only lines up against Geno and Billings in camp? Have you ever been to a practice before?  He has had reps against a lot of our dlineman just as Ragnow has for the lions.  Heres a fact for you, none of the centers we have gone against in the last 5 years have had trouble snapping with geno lining up opposite of them.  Quit making excuses for the guy.  I simply stated that Ragnow is tearing it up for the lions and Bengals homer's go beserk about it. 

Complete BS. Sorry Mikey...

Bodine had problems with snaps in Training Camp too man as most of us all know.

He also played at Center more than 12 games at North Carolina. I am not making excuses for Price.

Just saying we need to have a little patience with a guy that never snapped from under Center before.

Didn't touch a nerve, i like your thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 07:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok I preferred Ragnow also but felt Price was the right pick once Ragnow was gone.

I agree....
when Detroit took Ragnow, the "striking Viking".....
we had to go Price.....
or Lamar Jackson....
if we went Jackson then we'd have to trade back up into the bottom of rd 1 & get Price anyway....
we needed him that bad.....
& doing that would of blown up our draft board......very expensive...…
I think the Bengals made the right call...Price at 21
now I just hope he's a BIG improvement over Bodine.....I'm not convinced as of yet.... Hmm
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:43 PM)Steve Wrote: I agree....
when Detroit took Ragnow, the "striking Viking".....
we had to go Price.....
or Lamar Jackson....
if we went Jackson then we'd have to trade back up into the bottom of rd 1 & get Price anyway....
we needed him that bad.....
& doing that would of blown up our draft board......very expensive...…
I think the Bengals made the right call...Price at 21
now I just hope he's a BIG improvement over Bodine.....I'm not convinced as of yet.... Hmm

I'd be a big improvement over Bodine.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
We need to remember that while Bodine did snap the ball okay it was literally the ONLY thing he did okay. Holding the point? Nope. Anchoring? Nope. Constantly blocking the wrong man and letting defenders fly in unblocked - good for that a lot. In fact, Bodine shared the same issues as another Bengal Center of yore by the name of.....Eric Ghiacuc. Both also had in common being lobbied for by Piano Man...
Reply/Quote
Liked Ragweed slightly better but really wanted too take Wynn and then trade up to get Price as well, or vice versa.

Am happy with the draft except for not getting another quality OL.

But if Sunset is right as I suspect and hope he is, the Bengals are still going to add a good OL after cuts are made.

If that happens ? Then I absolutely love this draft.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 06:32 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Looks like I touched a nerve.  You implied that Ragnow woulden't be able to snap in front of geno either (lol this is just amusing to me, like he would be sooo afraid of geno he wouldent be able to snap the ball).  I said that he wont be facing just Geno.  Then this gem.  So you still think that Price only lines up against Geno and Billings in camp? Have you ever been to a practice before?  He has had reps against a lot of our dlineman just as Ragnow has for the lions.  Heres a fact for you, none of the centers we have gone against in the last 5 years have had trouble snapping with geno lining up opposite of them.  Quit making excuses for the guy.  I simply stated that Ragnow is tearing it up for the lions and Bengals homer's go beserk about it. 

Ragnow, at this point in time, is probably the better Center prospect.  The irony is that Ragnow does not play Center. With that said, many on this board cringed when Ragnow was chosen at 20 in this past draft.  But keep in mind, he is playing guard and is not the QB of the O-Line like Price.  

Price is a fighter.  He will fight through this.  He has a warrior mentality. From a psychological perspective, this is fixable as long as he can learn to shift his awareness and concentration from broad, to narrow, back to broad fairly quickly.  Some athletes have problems doing this.    

As I said many times before, I hope the coaches don't lose patience with Price.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
You know what? This is why they call it "Training" Camp.......
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You know what? This is why they call it "Training" Camp.......

Exactly.  And if he botches snaps in the pre-season we can point out that it's the pre-season and that it doesn't count.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 02:44 AM)Joelist Wrote: We need to remember that while Bodine did snap the ball okay it was literally the ONLY thing he did okay. Holding the point? Nope. Anchoring? Nope. Constantly blocking the wrong man and letting defenders fly in unblocked - good for that a lot. In fact, Bodine shared the same issues as another Bengal Center of yore by the name of.....Eric Ghiacuc. Both also had in common being lobbied for by Piano Man...

Why?  Because they know how to get ketchup out of a glass bottle, dammit!
Reply/Quote