Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pac-man says Bengals are close to signing Jensen to a 3 year $39 million deal
Former Bengals star Adam 'Pacman' Jones is claiming that the team is going to sign Buccaneers center Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million contract.

"I got some great news for you," Jones told Solomon Wilcots on the Bleav in Bengals podcast. "A little birdie said that we [the Bengals] gonna sign Ryan Jensen to a three-year deal for $39 million, which would be a starting center. I hope it goes through. It sound like the little birdie is saying it's almost a done deal."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/adam-jones-bengals-ryan-jensen-free-agency?utm_source=reddit.com
Reply/Quote
This is certainly an exciting rumor and I hope Pacman is proven to be accurate with the info he's sharing. Sign Jensen, work to identify another FA OL that is an upgrade over current starting OL, and then head into the draft with flexibility to take an OL or best player available at pick 31.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Former Bengals star Adam 'Pacman' Jones is claiming that the team is going to sign Buccaneers center Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million contract.

"I got some great news for you," Jones told Solomon Wilcots on the Bleav in Bengals podcast. "A little birdie said that we [the Bengals] gonna sign Ryan Jensen to a three-year deal for $39 million, which would be a starting center. I hope it goes through. It sound like the little birdie is saying it's almost a done deal."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/adam-jones-bengals-ryan-jensen-free-agency?utm_source=reddit.com

Smart by Jones to put this out before the legal tampering period.  Intelligence never was his strong suit.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is certainly an exciting rumor and I hope Pacman is proven to be accurate with the info he's sharing. Sign Jensen, work to identify another FA OL that is an upgrade over current starting OL, and then head into the draft with flexibility to take an OL or best player available at pick 31.

Considering the FA window hasn’t opened yet, if this is true it would
Be tampering.

I bet Pac-Man Jones source is PFF

Pro Football Focus predicts the Bengals will sign two free agents on their top 50 list.
They expect Cincinnati to sign Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million contract with $24.5 million guaranteed. The veteran center would be an instant upgrade to the interior of the Bengals' offensive line. He's 12th in the rankings.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:43 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Considering the FA window hasn’t opened yet, if this is true it would
Be tampering.  

I bet Pac-Man Jones source is PFF

Pro Football Focus predicts the Bengals will sign two free agents on their top 50 list.
They expect Cincinnati to sign Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million contract with $24.5 million guaranteed. The veteran center would be an instant upgrade to the interior of the Bengals' offensive line. He's 12th in the rankings.

So then the hilariousness of this Pac-rumor is that he read something online and passed it off as him having inside knowledge. Guess the dude didn't realize millions probably read PFF.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So then the hilariousness of this Pac-rumor is that he read something online and passed it off as him having inside knowledge. Guess the dude didn't realize millions probably read PFF.  Nervous

I mean, he wasn’t always the smartest dude. I think he is genuinely a decent guy, but just not that intelligent.

There is no way anyone is trusting Adam Jones with this type of information.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:50 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I mean, he wasn’t always the smartest dude.  I think he is genuinely a decent guy, but just not that intelligent.

The other reality is he likely has zero connections with Bengals personnel that would be in-the-know on offseason plans related to free agency or the draft. Anyhow, the Jensen rumor is a fun one and it will be interesting to follow the Bengals FA moves.
Reply/Quote
I LOVE how he says "it's great news" and ""we" because it's like he's acting like he's still part of the team and part of the family!

I also love how he's getting excited!

Everybody's getting excited about this team!
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I LOVE how he says "it's great news" and ""we" because it's like he's acting like he's still part of the team and part of the family!

Cool so when he inevitably gets arrested again, we can go back to the old criminal bengals narrative
Reply/Quote
Ain’t this tampering? I don’t think the bengals are this dumb.
Reply/Quote
As others have said, I'm also tempering my expectations because of the source. My preference is Bozeman because he's younger and will likely cost a few million less per year, but I'd be more than ok if Jensen is the guy the FO wants to target.

I'm going to pretend now that this is true. Because of his age (31 when season starts), I could see the contract having a nice 'out' in the 3rd year. And because of the Hopkins offset, I think the likelihood of a long-term deal for a guard going on their 2nd contract goes up.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:50 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I mean, he wasn’t always the smartest dude.  I think he is genuinely a decent guy, but just not that intelligent.

Ya, a decent guy, huh? Guy should be in prison right now in case you were born yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The other reality is he likely has zero connections with Bengals personnel that would be in-the-know on offseason plans related to free agency or the draft. Anyhow, the Jensen rumor is a fun one and it will be interesting to follow the Bengals FA moves.

Here is what Malik Wright, who has a proven track record of leaking stuff said. So take the Pac-man thing as a rumor for now, but if it does happen that will be amazing.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Former Bengals star Adam 'Pacman' Jones is claiming that the team is going to sign Buccaneers center Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million contract.

I was certain they’d go for a top center. Surprised it’s Jensen to a degree. The good tackles are expensive. I’ve also maintained they resign Reiff and Spain to favorable contracts and draft Bernhard Raimann from Central Michigan at OT. I expect they also sign a FA mid level guard. Then they will let them all fight for survival.
Reply/Quote
PacMan's "birdy" is most likely PFF like someone else said. I'll gladly put my foot in my mouth if wrong, but I'm not sure signing 30+ y/o guys to multi-year contracts is very "Bengals-Esque".

I would pursue Bozeman over Jensen.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 01:26 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Ya, a decent guy, huh? Guy should be in prison right now in case you were born yesterday.

Still in Jail for an assault? 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 01:58 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: PacMan's "birdy" is most likely PFF like someone else said. I'll gladly put my foot in my mouth if wrong, but I'm not sure signing 30+ y/o guys to multi-year contracts is very "Bengals-Esque".

I would pursue Bozeman over Jensen.

Question with Bozeman is does he fit? Hes been in a heavy gap/power system since college. Can he move laterally and reach block alot more often in the Bengals system? 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I LOVE how he says "it's great news" and ""we" because it's like he's acting like he's still part of the team and part of the family!

Pac man has been ride or die with the Bengals since retirement...
Reply/Quote
The Bengals if they move up about 5 spots are certain to get one of these 3. They are Linderbaum the Iowa center, Zion Johnson the Boston center, or Bernhard Raimann the Central Michigan OT. Probably at least one available still at #31. If they moved up 5 they could choose. Of course FA will have a big impact on the direction.
Reply/Quote
I doubt they have a deal in place at this time but I wouldn't be shocked if we were the favorites to land him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote