Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PacMan again
Can we all write letters to the commissioner and explain the we are Bengal fans and ask that Adam be suspended for the year for his actions a few months ago? He tells the cop to suck his c-co and wished death to him on top of the other tuff. He's a complete embarrassment and shouldn't rep. this team, city or the fans. Mr. Brown, this clown is a refection on you. He is representing your families name. You come off looking as classless as this clown does. My goodness, does it take a murder before this loser is cut?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 09:44 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Anybody think Pacman can keep his cool enough not to be baited into a game changing penalty again? I don't.

If I'm the coach of opposing teams, I offer $5k to the first person who can get 15 yards out of him.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 08:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The guy has a history of flying off the handle and being unable or unwilling to control himself.  As an isolated incident this wouldn't be a big deal, but this is like watching a recovering alcoholic have "just one beer."

Or maybe this would be like Pig Ben making a "harmless" rape joke. 

This! 
I completely agree.Its one thing to have passion about something but he just seems like he will fly off at anyone not in agreeince with him about anything anymore. He can't hold it together anymore.Even in a lame interview with reporters.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 09:46 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If I'm the coach of opposing teams, I offer $5k to the first person who can get 15 yards out of him.

Bounties are salary cap violations...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Was expecting worse based on the headline...

Reply/Quote
The video is easily found on YouTube.

The verbiage in the articles make it seem 100x worse than what actually happened. He didn't even raise his voice really. Unless there's another part to the video with the guy going berzerk, this is BS to get mad at. The other reporters were kind of laughing and it wasn't so bad people were clearing out or anything. To be honest, the question wasn't horrible, but Pac-Man took it that way due to the guys verbiage and probably being on edge to it.

Mountain made into a mole hill. Watch the video on YouTube.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If folks don't know: I wanted/want PacMan gone as much as the new guy. Matter of fact I was one of the very few that advocated re-signing Hall instead of him. WTS, there's really nothing wrong with what he did on the tape. He didn't really lose his cool or overly berate the interviewer.

This could be fake news, but this made it to the MSN frontpage. And in the article this was written: 

Dehner Jr. notes reporters "began to disperse” and that “the yelling from Jones grew louder and more combative. Jones walked past the reporter twice after that and continued to yell and curse at him.”

In the end, head coach Marvin Lewis had to come into the locker room and calm Jones down. - http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pacman-jones-rips-reporter-over-question-about-off-field-issues/ar-BBzWUWs?li=BBnb7Kz
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 09:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Bounties are salary cap violations...

I would bet large sums of money that it still goes on, especially between players.  I'm also not talking about trying to hurt someone, I'm talking about aging him on to do something stupid.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 10:17 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The video is easily found on YouTube.

The verbiage in the articles make it seem 100x worse than what actually happened. He didn't even raise his voice really. Unless there's another part to the video with the guy going berzerk, this is BS to get mad at. The other reporters were kind of laughing and it wasn't so bad people were clearing out or anything. To be honest, the question wasn't horrible, but Pac-Man took it that way due to the guys verbiage and probably being on edge to it.

Mountain made into a mole hill. Watch the video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMH_8fE1ADE

"Suck my d***, how about that?"
"You're a b****, bro."
"You a b**** a** n*****. I hope you die tomorrow."
 "No the f*** you didn't, b****!"
"Get the f*** out of here!"
"Open the f****** window, no b****, this one over here!"
"B**** you gonna be out of a job tomorrow, b**** a** n*****!"
*Proceeds to spit in the car.*
"Shut up n*****. I can't wait to call the chief tomorrow."

That's only all of 2:40 into the video or so, and he did yell quite a few times already. You're excusing a grown ass man from behaving like a criminal over and over and over.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
None of this really bothers me as much as a lot of other BS. So he's a hot head.. big deal. Football is a violent game played by very aggressive and violent grown men . 
I don't live in the ivory tower some people seem to be from. I've lived and worked with people very similar to Jones so I'm used to it. 
To some of you it may seem shocking, but think about the violent nature of our society and none of this is really out of the ordinary. Not too long ago nearly every bar in town had the same behavior and worse going on every Friday and Saturday night. I still remember when E Third St. in Dayton had about 30 bars from downtown to Airway Rd. I don't remember it being all nice to each other all the time. In fact my buddies and myself went out just looking for fights. It was just another Friday night. That same street now has maybe 4 bars.. 
Thankfully I grew up and don't do that nonsense anymore,  but hell, at Jones's age I damned sure did.   For that matter my grandfather was still picking fights at Jacks bar in Dayton in his 70s.. 
In some ways I'm glad society has changed, but in some ways I miss being young and feeling like I could whip anyones ass even though I usually got my ass whipped. Now folks act as if this has never been part of our fabric as a society. It always has been and probably always will be. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Have wanted him gone for years.

When is enough, enough ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 11:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMH_8fE1ADE

"Suck my d***, how about that?"
"You're a b****, bro."
"You a b**** a** n*****. I hope you die tomorrow."
 "No the f*** you didn't, b****!"
"Get the f*** out of here!"
"Open the f****** window, no b****, this one over here!"
"B**** you gonna be out of a job tomorrow, b**** a** n*****!"
*Proceeds to spit in the car.*
"Shut up n*****. I can't wait to call the chief tomorrow."

That's only all of 2:40 into the video or so, and he did yell quite a few times already. You're excusing a grown ass man from behaving like a criminal over and over and over.

I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing the actual topic of the reporter he got mad at. Oh.... wait, we were.  Nothing in my post is referring to the video you are quoting.

There is another thread for him yelling at the police officer if you want to still be mad at that for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 08:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Or the people who don't like people who spit on nurses and scream at cops "You a b**** a** n*****. I hope you die tomorrow. Suck my d***."

I mean, yeah, why would you have a problem with that unless you don't have your big girl panties on?   Mellow

The cops themselves said that was mild compared to some of the stuff they hear. Does it make it right no but damn its a misdemeanor not the end of the world.
Reply/Quote
You know what this POS really needs? He needs to go off on someone and then have that person issue a thorough public, humiliating ass stomping. But, if you notice, he only goes off on women and reporters and cops whose hands are tied by all the PC assholes and can't beat him down.

In addition to being a thug, he also happens to be a giant ***** coward who really does need his ass kicked. That is a language he might understand.

Thing about the self destructive types, they never just bring themselves down. They take down others around them when they go.

There is no justification, no valid argument about what he did wasn't that bad. He is in the cumulative zone, where he has been so guilty of so many things that he gets no benefit of the doubt, where every tiny little thing he does is under a microscope.

Molehill? Are you shitting me? Put a dozen molehills together, you got yourself the makings of a mountain.

When you defend an asshole for his asshole behavior, that makes you an asshole too.

And like others have said, if he steps on the field, the goading will be wall to wall. So, now what you have is you can't trust him off the field and you can't trust him on the field either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 07:05 AM)McC Wrote: You know what this POS really needs?  He needs to go off on someone and then have that person issue a thorough public, humiliating ass stomping.  But, if you notice, he only goes off on women and reporters and cops whose hands are tied by all the PC assholes and can't beat him down.  

In addition to being a thug, he also happens to be a giant ***** coward who really does need his ass kicked.  That is a language he might understand.  

Thing about the self destructive types, they never just bring themselves down.  They take down others around them when they go.

There is no justification, no valid argument about what he did wasn't that bad.  He is in the cumulative zone, where he has been so guilty of so many things that he gets no benefit of the doubt, where every tiny little thing he does is under a microscope.

Molehill?  Are you shitting me?  Put a dozen molehills together, you got yourself the makings of a mountain.

When you defend an asshole for his asshole behavior, that makes you an asshole too.

And like others have said, if he steps on the field, the goading will be wall to wall.  So, now what you have is you can't trust him off the field and you can't trust him on the field either.

Nail meet hammer,

In a bubble, in a vacuum, this incident would be nothing. It's not the single event, it's the total. The man has very serious character issues to put it mildly. He's got a serious case of me against the world syndrome. And like you say he's a complete coward.

His complete lack of discipline will rear it's head on the field this season - I'll guarantee it.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 03:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: report was pretty disrespectful with the question after being told earlier by adam he would not answer such a question

Still doesn't matter. He needs to learn to show restraint and be humble. We all deal with things that irritate us and what not, but I bet most if not all of us don't berate and go off at the single drop of a dime. This dude is a joke and he needs a dose of reality, but the team continues to coddle his ignorant behavior. It's why Cincy is the laughing stock of sports.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 06:18 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing the actual topic of the reporter he got mad at. Oh.... wait, we were.  Nothing in my post is referring to the video you are quoting.

There is another thread for him yelling at the police officer if you want to still be mad at that for some reason.

We are, but you're acting like his embarrassments towards this city/team aren't cumulative.

You can't have that arrest and big rant, and then go "Oh he just needs another chance. That's not who Adam is anymore." and the very next chance he has to NOT be a raging asshole, he turns into a raging asshole yet again. For the umpteenth time. He's clearly demonstrated time and time again, he's a pretty terrible person, and he's obviously not going to change at 33 if he hasn't already.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 08:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We are, but you're acting like his embarrassments towards this city/team aren't cumulative.

You can't have that arrest and big rant, and then go "Oh he just needs another chance. That's not who Adam is anymore." and the very next chance he has to NOT be a raging asshole, he turns into a raging asshole yet again. For the umpteenth time. He's clearly demonstrated time and time again, he's a pretty terrible person, and he's obviously not going to change at 33 if he hasn't already.

Well, a few things here....

- You're putting words in my mouth and taking things others have said and putting them on me. I look at both instances of Pacman's behavior as separate. I also watched the video and, frankly, it's no worse or different than any other player has been towards reporters asking volatile questions, which is what the guy did. On purpose or innocently, he asked a second question after Pacman addressed it the first time thanking the organization and mentioning the fans and city. Athletes have gotten mad at this stuff a million times in the same manner Jones did. Watch the video and you'll see that the articles about it are blowing it out of proportion to stoke flames - unless there is more to it (?), which I didn't see in the videos on Youtube.

- I don't think Pacman is a saint by any stretch. He's done some crappy things in his life. In general, though, he has been nowhere near the Titans/Cowboys Pacman. He's done a lot of things in the community and has been a loyal Bengal to the team.

^ That doesn't mean that I excuse his behavior in any way. Or that I accept him acting like an idiot in public just because he's not inciting riots with a posse at strip clubs anymore. But I am OK separating Pacman the football player from Pacman the drunk guy yelling at cops. Cops who, according to the DA, shouldn't have arrested him or charged him in the first place - which is why Pacman was so irate in the police car. After they made a scene for the sake of making a scene and arresting him, I don't have any opinion on how another man is going to act in that situation. that's his deal to PERSONALLY handle. Just because he handles it differently than I, you, or many others would doesn't mean I am going to care one way or the other. We can all armchair QB on how we would handle that. LOTS of people flip out on the cops after being arrested in scenarios like that.

I read the DA's entire statement on the incident and I'll take his account and decision over whatever the court of public opinion is going to get out of their limited details on it.

- Pretty terrible people don't buy bikes for entire schools nor do they do community work. That doesn't give Jones a pass, but what did the guy do in the incident you keep bringing up? Get drunk at a bar, get pissed at a security guard (who knows really what for), get arrested (WRONGLY, according to the DA), and then flip out about it? Pssssh. Words at a cop? Have thicker skin. Everybody, please have thicker skin. The nurse thing is an interesting angle. The prosecutor seemed to kind of crap on her take on the whole thing. Again, I will go with his account.

- Back to the topic on hand.... Watch the video and tell me he was raging. Handled poorly, yeah. Not embarrassingly so, IMO. He just got honked off. Sorry, not every guy on a football team is going to be cool calm and collected. That's not real life on a football team or any place of employment. Brandon Phillips was WAYYYYYY worse to Ctrent and it was barely a ripple in the news.

Reply/Quote
I actually feel stupid and definitely eating crow for defending Pacman after the playoff loss... Dude needs to go. Give wj3 a trial by fire, it worked for hall....
Reply/Quote
When you think about it football teams have a hell of a job to recruit and train some of the most aggressive people in our society and at the same time keeping them from becoming homicidal maniacs and point of fact they have failed on more than one occasion. 
So Jones was mean to some cops who also have a very similar problem and they to have failed SPECTACULARLY  on more than one ooccasions. 
It's almost nothing short of a miracle that NFL teams and police departments don't have shootouts at the ok corral every few months.  
Isn't it a bit like walking into a biker bar of old and asking everyone to play nice, knit stockings for the kiddies and sing Kumbya every night after getting drunk and strung out on crank ?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote