Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pacman goes off
(10-29-2020, 11:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. WTF was that rant anyway? He's not even on the team. If he's going to ***** about someone else decisions, he should start with himself. How can a player who pissed away a playoff victory over the steelers because of his temper ***** about anyone else, EVER! Such a dumbass has-been who thinks people give 2 shits about anything he says is laughable. SMH. 

He's a longtime vet, ex-Bengal, that loves this team and city. He played his heart out here. He understands schemes and technique. He's passionate about this team.

Most importantly, he's not wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:07 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Exactly....say what you will about him ..but I miss the edge, fire and swagger him and Tez and yes Im going to say it...D Kirk brought to every game....Who do we have on D that is like that?? Nobody yet that I can think of...other than Von Bell 

McKenzie Alexander and Bates play with an edge to them IMO.

To the OP, Adam is wrong about Geno lining up over Center every play as AU165 said. Our ST's doesn't suck, needs to get better 
as the season goes on but we cannot go running out some fumbler out there on Punts either. The biggest problem I saw last game
was Lou and him using Bates in a Single High coverage all game, killed us. Should of ran more Cover 2 and Cover 3 and blitzed a bit.

I want a new DC, I don't think Lou knows what he is doing when we are getting torched in a certain coverage and he doesn't adjust.

Bring in Wade Phillips damn it.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: McKenzie Alexander and Bates play with an edge to them IMO.

To the OP, Adam is wrong about Geno lining up over Center every play as AU165 said. Our ST's doesn't suck, needs to get better 
as the season goes on but we cannot go running out some fumbler out there on Punts either. The biggest problem I saw last game
was Lou and him using Bates in a Single High coverage all game, killed us. Should of ran more Cover 2 and Cover 3 and blitzed a bit.

I want a new DC, I don't think Lou knows what he is doing when we are getting torched in a certain coverage and he doesn't adjust.

Bring in Wade Phillips damn it.

Geno has played nose Tackle before but not as frequently as he is now. I don't have a problem with it though because it probably gives Geno an advantage at this point in his career.
As for the coverage it seemed to me that it was more a personal issue than a coverage issue. It seemed that they were attacking Bell and taking advantage that the Bengals only used thier best pass rushers on 3rd down by throwing on first and second downnmore frequently.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Pac-Man wasn’t completely wrong,although there are some question marks there on some of the things he said.May have had one too many before he began his RANT.
Reply/Quote
I agree with him that the DC needs replaced, the rest ???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps Adam Jones should give coaching a try, rather than just being background noise?

That would take away from "Weed Time"
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:20 PM)J24 Wrote: Geno has played nose Tackle before but not as frequently as he is now. I don't have a problem with it though because it probably gives Geno an advantage at this point in his career.
As for the coverage it seemed to me that it was more a personal issue than a coverage issue. It seemed that they were attacking Bell and taking advantage that the Bengals only used thier best pass rushers on 3rd down by throwing on first and second downnmore frequently.

Well none of it is working, I blame it on Lou for not adjusting like I said. Geno sure doesn't seem to be getting an advantage and 
that coverage was just stupid. Playing a Single High Free Safety the entire game is extremely predictable and opens up a lot of the 
field and always playing on our heals. No confusion, no blitzing, nothing, just sit back and let your back up Corners get torched.

Sims clearly was the biggest weakness on D besides Bynes and Mayfield and the Browns just took advantage and we didn't adjust.

Sad shit man, sick of this. Heard Wade Phillips wants a job, give him one.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well none of it is working, I blame it on Lou for not adjusting like I said. Geno sure doesn't seem to be getting an advantage and 
that coverage was just stupid. Playing a Single High Free Safety the entire game is extremely predictable and opens up a lot of the 
field and always playing on our heals. No confusion, no blitzing, nothing, just sit back and let your back up Corners get torched.

Sims clearly was the biggest weakness on D besides Bynes and Mayfield and the Browns just took advantage and we didn't adjust.

Sad shit man, sick of this. Heard Wade Phillips wants a job, give him one.
Let's be real here
1.) Were cover 3 and cover 1 team. It worked pretty well for us until the Colts game then everything fell apart.
2.)The Browns strength is running the Football and throwing to their TE. Playing two men deep is a recipe for disaster. 
To me it's a personnel  issue our base Defense isn't that athletic and they have zero pass rushers besides Lawson.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 07:00 PM)J24 Wrote: Let's be real here
1.) Were cover 3 and cover 1 team. It worked pretty well for us until the Colts game then everything fell apart.
2.)The Browns strength is running the Football and throwing to their TE. Playing two men deep is a recipe for disaster. 
To me it's a personnel  issue our base Defense isn't that athletic and they have zero pass rushers besides Lawson.

Lets be real here...

You need to have multiple looks and move away from the ones that don't work. The Single high coverage was a recipe for
disaster as we saw while we got ate up by their TE that did hardly anything all year. I know we have no pass rush right now
but if that is the case you need to blitz more and hope your blitzers get home. The one time we tried the blitz, Alexander 
just about had Mayfield, too bad he couldn't bring him down.

I didn't say play two men deep either, I said use a Cover 2 and a Cover 3 cause the Single high clearly wasn't working.

When the QB completes 21 passes in a row, something is wrong and you need to change things up.
Reply/Quote
I stand by that this is not a good look for Lou. He had 0 DC experience when he was hired, and has only been a position coach on bad defenses. Pacman Jones was a very good football player and played on some very good defenses. Players would respect Pacman over Lou, imo.

Lou has another half of season to show something. I dont think firing him now would help the team after all the drama. But if it keeps up this way with his defense being so terrible, I do think we need to hire a proven replacement after season. ZT may need to just to save his job actually. Lou has been hit with injuries, and that sucks, but there is no excuse for what happened against the Browns. Or the Colts.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 07:30 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I stand by that this is not a good look for Lou. He had 0 DC experience when he was hired, and has only been a position coach on bad defenses. Pacman Jones was a very good football player and played on some very good defenses. Players would respect Pacman over Lou, imo.

Lou has another half of season to show something. I dont think firing him now would help the team after all the drama. But if it keeps up this way with his defense being so terrible, I do think we need to hire a proven replacement after season. ZT may need to just to save his job actually. Lou has been hit with injuries, and that sucks, but there is no excuse for what happened against the Browns. Or the Colts.

I think if we brought in Wade Phillips we would immediately be much better on Defense. Dude knows how to run nearly any D 
and I don't think we could get any worse than those last 2 games where we made Rivers look like his HOF self and Mayfield like
a star QB. Maybe we are waiting till the bye, cause if this lasts and I see no reason why it wouldn't looking at our next two games
we should make a move and move on from Lou.

I always hated the way Marv would never adjust and would say it was journalistic jargon. Well Lou just did what I hated.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:49 AM)pally Wrote: He shares a similar opinion of many on this board

"Y'all need to fix the coaching staff. Special teams suck. The defensive coordinators need to be fired," Jones said on Instagram. "The best f------ three technique playing f------ nose guard. I ain't ever seen Geno (Atkins) line up over the center. Never in my entire f------ career. Geno over the f------ center every f------ play now."

"The DBs, y'all playing catch and tackle. They must be teaching y'all that s--- too," Jones continued. "But then y'all are cutting (traded) Carlos (Dunlap). I understand what y'all are doing, but I don't. Y'all are giving up the season I guess. The Bengals won't win but one more game.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/adam-jones-rips-bengals-coaches

I'll say it now, in big bold letters:
Pacman cares more about winning than Mike Brown ever will and ever has.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 07:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lets be real here...

You need to have multiple looks and move away from the ones that don't work. The Single high coverage was a recipe for
disaster as we saw while we got ate up by their TE that did hardly anything all year. I know we have no pass rush right now
but if that is the case you need to blitz more and hope your blitzers get home. The one time we tried the blitz, Alexander 
just about had Mayfield, too bad he couldn't bring him down.

I didn't say play two men deep either, I said use a Cover 2 and a Cover 3 cause the Single high clearly wasn't working.

When the QB completes 21 passes in a row, something is wrong and you need to change things up.

Cover 2 is two man deep and cover three is a safety single high.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 08:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Cover 2 is two man deep and cover three is a safety single high.

If this is true, sorry. Still been trying to understand all the jargon, been going off of what The Coach says on youtube and Ace Boogie.

Also a lot of what Au165 and Synric say as they know much more than me.

If a Safety Single High is the Cover 3 that sure wasn't working against the Browns is all I know.

What do the Steelers and Ravens primarily play is my question as they sure know how to shut Mayfield and that Offense down well?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Gotta assume he doesn’t think much of Erickson as the punt returner.

Ericsson is a catch and fall punt returner. No real threat back there, no juice. In other words, replacement level talent. As for the rest, he’s right on most things. It is funny that people are jumping up to shoot the messenger when the team is 1-5-1, is poorly coached, and has arguably one of the three worst front offices in the NFL. Saying they’ll only win one more game is questionable, but at this point, I’d call 2-3 more wins very realistic. Giants and Redskins are the best bets, with the listless Cowboys and Dolphins with Tua the other possibility. But yeah, shoot the messenger...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 08:24 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'll say it now, in big bold letters:
Pacman cares more about winning than Mike Brown ever will and ever has.

Likely true, but it’s a low bar. Mike only wants to win if it’s done his way, and cheaply.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 08:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Cover 2 is two man deep and cover three is a safety single high.
Not necessarily.

Cover 3 just means 3 men deep, with each having a zone covering a third of the field.  If there is a single high safety playing zone and everyone else is playing man, then it would be Cover 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 09:04 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Likely true, but it’s a low bar.  Mike only wants to win if it’s done his way, and cheaply.

LOL, true. But have to admit that Pacman has passion about winning.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure what his attack on Special teams was for...

My assumption was Randy's missed kicks against the Chargers and Colts.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 09:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My assumption was Randy's missed kicks against the Chargers and Colts.

Every kicker misses. That would hardly equate our entire ST unit “sucking.”

Reply/Quote