Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panic Mode
So far it is an over reaction by the new regime to compensate for the sorry state of the OL.

We have seen a lot of better play at RT than what Hart has shown. But we have also seen a lot worse.

We overpaid for a guy capable of playing T in the NFL because Tobin didnt want to get caught with his pants down again because he sucks at drafting OL.
Reply/Quote
The OL coach said he likes Bobby Hart and seems to think he can get more out of him. Maybe Hart fits in this blocking scheme better. Who knows? It definitely lacks any sort of inspiration for us fans who watch Hart struggle bad last year, and our OL meltdown in general numerous times. Maybe thy get more out of Hart. We are only going to know so much about how good this is until we get on the field. I know one thing, these guys hardly even know the team at this point. Kind of hard to go break the bank on big name FA's when you've not even had a practice with the guys you have inherited.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:25 PM)bengaloo Wrote: The OL coach said he likes Bobby Hart and seems to think he can get more out of him. Maybe Hart fits in this blocking scheme better. Who knows? It definitely lacks any sort of inspiration for us fans who watch Hart struggle bad last year, and our OL meltdown in general numerous times. Maybe thy get more out of Hart. We are only going to know so much about how good this is until we get on the field. I know one thing, these guys hardly even know the team at this point. Kind of hard to go break the bank on big name FA's when you've not even had a practice with the guys you have inherited.

You dont pay a project $7 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:25 PM)bengaloo Wrote: The OL coach said he likes Bobby Hart and seems to think he can get more out of him. Maybe Hart fits in this blocking scheme better. Who knows? It definitely lacks any sort of inspiration for us fans who watch Hart struggle bad last year, and our OL meltdown in general numerous times. Maybe thy get more out of Hart. We are only going to know so much about how good this is until we get on the field. I know one thing, these guys hardly even know the team at this point. Kind of hard to go break the bank on big name FA's when you've not even had a practice with the guys you have inherited.

Tell that to 2017 Sean McVay after the Whitworth signing. Taylor's spent the last month watching tape on these guys and talking to Tobin about them. It's common for new coaches to bring in new players. Just look at 2003. Marin Lewis brought in John Thornton, Kevin Hardy, Reggie Kelly, Tory James, Duane Clemons, etc. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 08:50 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Are the boards in a full on panic mode yet?

I know a couple posters have got to be freaking out about now but what about everyone else?

Boycott mode . Let these idiots take this shit show on the road to some other city. If this is how they repair the fans utter disrespect for their past bone head mistakes then effem.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tell that to 2017 Sean McVay after the Whitworth signing. Taylor's spent the last month watching tape on these guys and talking to Tobin about them. It's common for new coaches to bring in new players. Just look at 2003. Marin Lewis brought in John Thornton, Kevin Hardy, Reggie Kelly, Tory James, Duane Clemons, etc. 

Yep. The money is one thing. The fact that they appear to be bringing a bad line back intact is another.

Taylor said he watched all the tape on Hart and liked him. He even gushed about him. That shows these guys can't evaluate talent.

Just wait until the draft! We'll probably take a guy projected in the 3rd Round in the 1st!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If someone smacks you in the shin with a crowbar once every year, you may know it's coming, but it still sucks.

Multiply that by many years and the suck becomes the norm.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly...and from what Hobs said in his latest article, Jim Turner is in love with Hart and his "energy". 

That's your starting RT for the foreseeable future. Just makes me wonder what we're going to do in the draft.

I think they are going to try to draft four all pros in the sixth round and go from there. This is our year, suckas !!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 08:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hardy Nickerson 3 year $27 million coming any minute now! 

Sounds about right, except it'll be Hardy Nickerson Sr.

As far as panicking goes? Nah, I've been a Bengal fan for far too long to let a moronic signing send me into a panic. Annoyed? Sure. Angry? Yep. But panicking? Nah, this is business as usual round these parts. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 11:02 PM)Ravage Wrote: Sounds about right, except it'll be Hardy Nickerson Sr.

Even at his age, he's probably still better than his kid.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 09:29 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Hart shouldn't even be in the league let alone getting paid 7 mil a year. Whoever his agent is should get Employee of the decade.

Hart is garbage. Did we all forget how bad he was or is.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:43 PM)HuDey Wrote: Multiply that by many years and the suck becomes the norm.

Maybe we should just amputate the leg? I'm pretty tired of getting whacked in the shin.

(03-11-2019, 10:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I think they are going to try to draft four all pros in the sixth round and go from there. This is our year, suckas !!!!

Well one thing's for certain...we'll definitely draft an all-pro WR in the 6th round for the 15th straight year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We had to bring some of the OL back... Fisher? Ogbuehi? Smith? Can't have every tackle walk and try to get all new tackles. I get it that it was too much money, but that isn't what ppl are focused on.

I was happy with Uzomah. And I knew we were bringing OL back that weren't great. Everyone forgets that the Rams use a blocking TE on most plays. So he might not be the end of the OL.
Reply/Quote
Well I started hopeful, now that I've seen the full staff and the lack of experience all around in the coaching I'm fully expecting this to be a rebuilding year, I thought with some solid coaching staff additions and free agency we could make a playoff push, but now I'm looking at just filling up the roster, hopefully draft well, and get the coaches a season of experience and the players experience in a new system and see what we can do next offseason.

Right now with those new expectations the only thing that pisses me off is paying Bobby Hart $21 million.
Reply/Quote
These coaches are vastly in over their heads.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 09:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So far: 

OK with the 2nd round tender on Hopkins. 
I actually really liked the Uzomah deal. 
The Hart contract gave me diarrhea.

Diarrhea of joy?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The line is the #1 reason we've had 3 consecutive losing seasons. We're trying to keep that line intact from the looks of it.

So, yeah...people are panicking. Maybe we draft somebody...but then we have a $7 million dollar backup?

At the very least I'd expect Billy Price to improve quite a bit in his second year. That alone massively improves the offensive line, because I thought he struggled as much as anybody during his rookie season (not unexpected).

As for Hart, I don't think he's a good player or anything, but with free agency coming before the draft I think sometimes your hands are tied. They may have a plan to draft an OT to start but you can't count on that to be a 100% certainty so you've gotta make sure you have somebody in place. It certainly looks like they overpaid, but then again the market for OTs tends to be pretty stupid anyways.

...and Kat Terrell is the same reporter who swore for months that Hue Jackson as head coach was a done deal. She's as stuck in the 90s and some fans are and I don't really feel she really has much of a feel for what the team does. She can tweet all day long that there's no way the Bengals pay him all that money and don't start him... I'll wait and see, just like I did during the coaching search.

I think concern is reasonable. I think being nervous is understandable. But out-and-out panic after less than 24 hours of free agency? Come on...
Reply/Quote
Jesus, one day of FA, getting a couple of guys back and most people are ready for chucking it before we even get through the draft.
Yes the Hart deal was a bit of a sucker punch but can we at least wait and see what kind of scheme Zac is going to have the team playing.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:00 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Jesus, one day of FA, getting a couple of guys back and most people are ready for chucking it before we even get through the draft.
Yes the Hart deal was a bit of a sucker punch but can we at least wait and see what kind of scheme Zac is going to have the team playing.

I mean to be honest I don't know how some of the folks around here even get by as Bengals fans... if one day of free agency is enough to send you into a blind panic, what are they like during the actual on-field implosions? Do they need medication or an EKG machine?  Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:06 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I mean to be honest I don't know how some of the folks around here even get by as Bengals fans... if one day of free agency is enough to send you into a blind panic, what are they like during the actual on-field implosions? Do they need medication or an EKG machine?  Wink

Another way to look at it is how can the Bengals front office, within mere hours of free agency starting, manage to surprise their own jaded and calloused fan-base with their lightning fast stupidity?

When Bengals fans get punched in the gut by a front office blunder, you know it must have really been something!

...but in all fairness it COULD be 7 million guaranteed and we keep Hart around for a single year so we can work our amazing new draft pick into the rotation.
Reply/Quote