Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panic Mode
Panic ? I don't know about that.

Disappointment ? yes

We had the worst Oline in the NFL last season with two penalty machines on the right side. What do we do ? yes, sign them back up.

I just don't get it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Another way to look at it is how can the Bengals front office, within mere hours of free agency starting, manage to surprise their own jaded and calloused fan-base with their lightning fast stupidity?

When Bengals fans get punched in the gut by a front office blunder, you know it must have really been something!

...but in all fairness it COULD be 7 million guaranteed and we keep Hart around for a single year so we can work our amazing new draft pick into the rotation.

I can't say I personally was surprised by the move though, so I just didn't really see it as much of a sucker punch I guess. They were going to bring back at least one of these tackles, and Hart seemed like the most likely.

If he's still the unchallenged starter at OT after the draft, *then* we can start to panic, but it just seems way to early to me...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 08:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: If they can figure out LB somehow I’ll feel a hell of a lot better. Also need to resign Dennard.

Linebacker is already figured out. “Old Reliable” Burfict at WLB, “High Draft Pick Give Him a Shot” Jefferson at MLB and “We Could Do Worse” Vigil at SLB. Hobson already told us this.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly...and from what Hobs said in his latest article, Jim Turner is in love with Hart and his "energy". 

That's your starting RT for the foreseeable future. Just makes me wonder what we're going to do in the draft.

If Jim Turner's actions and words thus far tells me anything, it's that they will use their first round pick to re-draft Cedric Ogbuehi.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I can see that it's going to be a rollercoaster coupla days around here...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:56 AM)jason Wrote: I can see that it's going to be a rollercoaster coupla days around here...

Is there a roller coaster that does nothing but go straight downhill right from the start? If so, yes it’ll be a roller coaster lol
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 07:54 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Is there a roller coaster that does nothing but go straight downhill right from the start? If so, yes it’ll be a roller coaster lol

Drop Zone? lol
Reply/Quote
Some folks here are in heaven.  This is just what they dreamed of.

Posting like crazy.  Showing how many clever ways there are to complain.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You dont pay a project $7 million a year.

Look how we did Andre Smith in 2011. He was by far a better RT then Hart, and we treated him like dirt (and he ended up getting less than 7m a year).

Treated him like he wasn't a priority, and could easily be replaced. Made him come to the draft room and see his draft replacement.

To think they treated Hart like a priority after how they strong armed Andre Smith speaks a lot about something or someone running this Organization.

I'm not panicked, I'm just over it as is with most Bengal fans. PB stadium is looking to be empty once again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 09:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So far: 

OK with the 2nd round tender on Hopkins. 
I actually really liked the Uzomah deal. 
The Hart contract gave me diarrhea.

Basically this.  I like the first two moves, but I just don't understand the thought process involved with resigning a turnstile to a top 10 contract.  A dead racoon could do better, it might at least make the opposing defense end vomit up his lunch.  Instead, this move makes the rest of us vomit up our lunches.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 08:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some folks here are in heaven.  This is just what they dreamed of.

This right here. The ship hasn't sunk yet. My only complaint is how the extra cap space has made teams spend money like crazy. I liked Kwon Alexander, but there's no way he is worth more than Luke Kuechly. I liked Landon Collins, but I would be pissed if we spent $32 million guaranteed for the first 2 years of a mega contract. This seems like the perfect season to sit back, watch other teams spend themselves into cap space hell, and get a few mid tier vets later on. Wait, that sounds just like the usual Bengals strategy!
Reply/Quote
Why freak out. Our o line has sucked for 3 years now. They just addressed this by signing Hart. So that was a big improvement over last year. We are on the way up now
Work with Burfect ona 5 year extension for about 13 mil a year and our defense will be fixed. Then it’s super bowl ? bound ?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:00 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: This right here. The ship hasn't sunk yet. My only complaint is how the extra cap space has made teams spend money like crazy. I liked Kwon Alexander, but there's no way he is worth more than Luke Kuechly. I liked Landon Collins, but I would be pissed if we spent $32 million guaranteed for the first 2 years of a mega contract. This seems like the perfect season to sit back, watch other teams spend themselves into cap space hell, and get a few mid tier vets later on. Wait, that sounds just like the usual Bengals strategy!

The same strategy that got us all those playoff wins and Super Bowl appearance the last 30 years. So why change
Course. It’s worked so far
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 08:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: Drop Zone? lol

Right, that ride sucks. Fitting. Takes forever to get to the top, you know exactly how high the ceiling is and that it’ll never surpass that height. It will be a quick, stomach churning, drop straight down. The only question is- how long will it let you enjoy the view from the top (keeping in mind there are other much higher views on other coasters and they don’t drop you straight down-which I personally hate).
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:59 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Right, that ride sucks. Fitting. Takes forever to get to the top, you know exactly how high the ceiling is and that it’ll never surpass that height. It will be a quick, stomach churning, drop straight down. The only question is- how long will it let you enjoy the view from the top (keeping in mind there are other much higher views on other coasters and they don’t drop you straight down-which I personally hate).

You're allowed to go get on a different ride...
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 08:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some folks here are in heaven.  This is just what they dreamed of.

Some people are only happy when they have something to complain about.

That said, although I'm not in 'Panic Mode', I'm certainly not happy they signed Hart to this contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:00 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: This right here. The ship hasn't sunk yet. My only complaint is how the extra cap space has made teams spend money like crazy. I liked Kwon Alexander, but there's no way he is worth more than Luke Kuechly. I liked Landon Collins, but I would be pissed if we spent $32 million guaranteed for the first 2 years of a mega contract. This seems like the perfect season to sit back, watch other teams spend themselves into cap space hell, and get a few mid tier vets later on. Wait, that sounds just like the usual Bengals strategy!

Yeah...we gotta preserve our cap space. Just imagine if we spent too much 4-5 years ago. We would have jeopardized our future and not had the quality football of the past 3 years!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:13 PM)NKURyan Wrote: You're allowed to go get on a different ride...

More likely I just leave the park. It’s not what it used to be and the ride I’m on isn’t getting any better. Unfortunately there is still a pull dragging me back. That pull has definitely gotten weaker the last 5 years though
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: More likely I just leave the park. It’s not what it used to be and the ride I’m on isn’t getting any better. Unfortunately there is still a pull dragging me back. That pull has definitely gotten weaker the last 5 years though

The said thing is the last 10 years are probably the best decade in franchise history outside of the 80's.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 11:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: At the very least I'd expect Billy Price to improve quite a bit in his second year. That alone massively improves the offensive line, because I thought he struggled as much as anybody during his rookie season (not unexpected).

As for Hart, I don't think he's a good player or anything, but with free agency coming before the draft I think sometimes your hands are tied. They may have a plan to draft an OT to start but you can't count on that to be a 100% certainty so you've gotta make sure you have somebody in place. It certainly looks like they overpaid, but then again the market for OTs tends to be pretty stupid anyways.

...and Kat Terrell is the same reporter who swore for months that Hue Jackson as head coach was a done deal. She's as stuck in the 90s and some fans are and I don't really feel she really has much of a feel for what the team does. She can tweet all day long that there's no way the Bengals pay him all that money and don't start him... I'll wait and see, just like I did during the coaching search.

I think concern is reasonable. I think being nervous is understandable. But out-and-out panic after less than 24 hours of free agency? Come on...

We can't expect Price to improve any more than Ogbuehi or Fisher improved. We can hope, but not expect. 

I get your angle on Hart, but it's hard to imagine the Bengals paying $7.4 million (what I read is Hart's 2019 salary) for a backup Tackle.

IMO, we'll probably draft a Tackle in 2nd or later - given this signing - and develop that guy for later, with Hart starting now. 

(03-12-2019, 02:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If Jim Turner's actions and words thus far tells me anything, it's that they will use their first round pick to re-draft Cedric Ogbuehi.   Ninja

Well he's not impressing thus far, and looking at his past performance (Incognito fiasco aside), it's tough to give benefit of the doubt.

Yep. This is pure ecstasy. I'm posting almost as much as you.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote