Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Patrick Mahomes update
Doesn’t matter if Mahomes is 110%, 100%, 80% or whatever. We still are going to kick his ass. Andy and him can draw pretty mustaches on people on airplane when they go to the NFL awards show next week to accept Mahomes MVP. Meanwhile, Joey B and the boys will prepare for the Super Bowl! I think we would rather have the Lombardi lifted highh

Btw I hate that commercial and don’t understand how drawing mustaches on people will convince me to buy State Farm insurance. Dumb commercial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I just saw a stat about how great Mahommes is in the pocket. Outside the pocket, he's not so good.

This injury will keep him in the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 03:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just saw a stat about how great Mahommes is in the pocket. Outside the pocket, he's not so good.

Better get after him then. 

Every game we've played against the Cheifs has been close. But in every game Mahomes has gotten shut down at some point due to good coverage and decent pressure. 
It's going to come down to whether the defense can maintain that level of play against him or if Mahomes can overcome it.

That said, if our offense comes out and dominates I like our chances. 
But never count Mahomes out. He could have a come back in him too. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chris Jones has 0 playoff sacks....
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 03:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just saw a stat about how great Mahommes is in the pocket. Outside the pocket, he's not so good.

Mahommes strength is getting out of the pocket to avoid pressure and making crazy things happen. If he doesn't have the ability to escape the pocket, he's gonna get sacked and won't be able to make those crazy plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 10:36 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Doesn’t matter if Mahomes is 110%, 100%, 80% or whatever.  We still are going to kick his ass. Andy and him can draw pretty mustaches on people on airplane when they go to the NFL awards show next week to accept Mahomes MVP.  Meanwhile,  Joey B and the boys will prepare for the Super Bowl!  I think we would rather have the Lombardi lifted highh

Btw I hate that commercial and don’t understand how drawing mustaches on people will convince me to buy State Farm insurance.  Dumb commercial

Weird. I thought it was pretty damn hilarious. My distain for a team doesn't negate the humor. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chris Jones has 0 playoff sacks....

I saw that

If he remains at zero - good chance we win.

Historically, JB doesn’t do well at all with menacing disruptive pass rushers.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:12 PM)Earendil Wrote: Mahommes strength is getting out of the pocket to avoid pressure and making crazy things happen. If he doesn't have the ability to escape the pocket, he's gonna get sacked and won't be able to make those crazy plays.

I'm telling you the stats don't show that and especially when we played them earlier this year. He was great inside the pocket and bad outside it.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 10:36 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Doesn’t matter if Mahomes is 110%, 100%, 80% or whatever.  We still are going to kick his ass. Andy and him can draw pretty mustaches on people on airplane when they go to the NFL awards show next week to accept Mahomes MVP.  Meanwhile,  Joey B and the boys will prepare for the Super Bowl!  I think we would rather have the Lombardi lifted highh

Btw I hate that commercial and don’t understand how drawing mustaches on people will convince me to buy State Farm insurance.  Dumb commercial

You remembered the name of the company.  That's half the battle.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm telling you the stats don't show that and especially when we played them earlier this year. He was great inside the pocket and bad outside it.

If you're in the pocket because you have time, that make sense.  Now we're talking about him potentially being stuck in the pocket when he doesn't have time.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:58 PM)Roland Wrote: If you're in the pocket because you have time, that make sense.  Now we're talking about him potentially being stuck in the pocket when he doesn't have time.

Yup HUGE difference.  We know Hendrickson and Hubbard will close that pocket now can he escape? 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote