Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay
(08-23-2020, 05:42 PM)QueenCity Wrote: The only move I'd support is a move to NKY

That said no way Bengals leave Cincinnati. We'd forfeit the right to every get a NFL franchise again.

FC Cincinnati Soccer would be king I recon.

I never thought of that!  I'd be all over a Covington/Newport Bengals stadium.  
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not here they don't.  And lucky for us, they're called the CINCINNATI Bengals.

Cincinnati is a melting pot of college sports fandoms.  UC, Xavier, Ohio State, UK, NKU.  Ohio State dominates jack shit in this market.  Hell, there's a number of Michigan fans here as well.  You'd never find that north of here in this state.

This.  Most Cincy people I know are either UK or UC loyalists.  I've always thought that Cincinnati was the only real point of resistance to the mighty Buckeyes in the state, save for some staging border people up north that chose to follow Michigan.  Cincinnati is nowhere near the Buckeyes stronghold that Columbus, Cleveland, or even Dayton are.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No they don’t. Plenty of people in Cincinnati don’t give a shit about the Buckeyes. We have our own pro team, and UC.

Yep... Cincinnati and the Toledo areas have the fewest Buckeye fans in the state.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 01:01 AM)samhain Wrote: This.  Most Cincy people I know are either UK or UC loyalists.  I've always thought that Cincinnati was the only real point of resistance to the mighty Buckeyes in the state, save for some staging border people up north that chose to follow Michigan.  Cincinnati is nowhere near the Buckeyes stronghold that Columbus, Cleveland, or even Dayton are.

What's crazy is here in Dayton we were in the blackout zone, but this is a Browns town.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 12:58 AM)samhain Wrote: I never thought of that!  I'd be all over a Covington/Newport Bengals stadium.  

Be happy with the airport my man....

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 02:43 AM)J24 Wrote: Could they add on to the Soccer Stadium?

Not enough. The soccer stadium is pretty much wedged into downtown. They would have to build up on the stadium, there's no room to expand out.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not here they don't.  And lucky for us, they're called the CINCINNATI Bengals.

Cincinnati is a melting pot of college sports fandoms.  UC, Xavier, Ohio State, UK, NKU.  Ohio State dominates jack shit in this market.  Hell, there's a number of Michigan fans here as well.  You'd never find that north of here in this state.

I know it's "cool" for the Cincinnati area fans to hate Ohio State.  Seen it plenty on this board.  Heard it plenty on 700 WLW. The Buckeyes are the best football team in Ohio from year to year.  It's OK to be a Buckeye fan and live in Cincinnati... You don't have to be a douche.

I live in Southern Ohio. Portsmouth, area. I love my Buckeyes and my Bengals. I see a lot of you guys hate on Ohio State from jealousy of Columbus. They are literally like 90 minutes to the right of Cincinnati , our state capital and you hate them cause UC sucks. Pathetic

There is nothing wrong with our state capital or rooting for the Buckeyes
Reply/Quote
Let me ask this... honest question. I enjoy going to games occasionally, but tend to only go to maybe one or two games a year, due to my back issues (and the fact I prefer to watch it on the HDTV at home where I can see replays etc) When I do go, it is almost always Club Level, since that's where most of my friends that have season tickets are. So, what exactly is so dilapidated and outdated with PBS that people talk about how crappy it is? Field is nice, seats are typical stadium seats, the Jumbotrons were replaced with bigger screens(which was sorely needed). Seems like a typical football stadium to me. I realize it isn't a dome and doesn't have a retractable roof, which a lot of people want, but really, what is outdated and needing replaced so bad that they would build a new stadium. Just to keep up with Minnesota?
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals ever do leave Cincy I’m done watching the NFL
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 03:26 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I know it's "cool" for the Cincinnati area fans to hate Ohio State.  Seen it plenty on this board.  Heard it plenty on 700 WLW.  The Buckeyes are the best football team in Ohio from year to year.  It's OK to be a Buckeye fan and live in Cincinnati...  You don't have to be a douche.

I live in Southern Ohio.  Portsmouth, area.  I love my Buckeyes and my Bengals.  I see a lot of you guys hate on Ohio State from jealousy of Columbus.  They are literally like 90 minutes to the right of Cincinnati , our state capital and you hate them cause UC sucks.  Pathetic

It has nothing to do with being "cool" or "hating" on Ohio State.  It's simply the reality of the situation.

I'm not saying there are no Ohio State fans here, because of course there are.  I'm saying they in no way dominate the area as far as fandom goes.  They're way down the list here.

Cincinnati is a very unique city, when compared to the rest of the state.  It's almost seperate.  A lot goes into this (Bordering Kentucky and Indiana, being a river city, etc.)

Anyone can root for whoever they want, I would never dispute that.  But if you think you'll find tons and tons of people here wearing OSU gear then you're sadly mistaken.  In fact, I'd argue that you'd find more UK fans here than OSU.

So no, OSU does not "dominate" the market here. Not even close. 

As far as it being jelously I think it a better term would either be indifference or annoyance.  I made a simple statement that OSU isn't as big of a deal here as elsewhere, and you take offense and label as jealousy.  If anything, this is what bothers non-OSU fans here.  Just because I don't root for your team does not mean I'm jealous.  Not everything is about OSU.

Lastly, UC is a great city school. And they far from suck.  Consensus Top 20 Basketball Program of ALL TIME.  Multiple National Championships.  Has one of the greatest to ever do it in Oscar Robertson.  Football has been ranked the last 3 years. Have played in Orange Bowl and a Sugar Bowl in the last 10 years.

Is UC football as good as Ohio State.  Nope.  Do we pretend to be?  Nope.  We operate on a budget that's probably 1/4 of yours.  But we have a really nice program, and a great history as a school.  And just because we're proud of that does not mean we're jealous of anyone.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 09:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Let me ask this... honest question. I enjoy going to games occasionally, but tend to only go to maybe one or two games a year, due to my back issues (and the fact I prefer to watch it on the HDTV at home where I can see replays etc) When I do go, it is almost always Club Level, since that's where most of my friends that have season tickets are. So, what exactly is so dilapidated and outdated with PBS that people talk about how crappy it is? Field is nice, seats are typical stadium seats, the Jumbotrons were replaced with bigger screens(which was sorely needed). Seems like a typical football stadium to me. I realize it isn't a dome and doesn't have a retractable roof, which a lot of people want, but really, what is outdated and needing replaced so bad that they would build a new stadium. Just to keep up with Minnesota?

It's definitely not dilapidated.  There's nothing wrong with the achitecture.  The problem is it is very bland. 

They've done little to nothing to update the interior of the stadium.  Hell, up until like 3 years ago they still had they old school TV's in the concourses.  There's no displays of really sort throughout the stadium.  It's just a sea of concrete.

When you look at what the Reds have done, that's what the Bengals need to do.  The Reds have completely transformed their stadium and it's constantly being updated.  Resteraunts, tap rooms, etc.

PBS just needs to be heavily updated and modernized, and given some life.  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 03:26 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I know it's "cool" for the Cincinnati area fans to hate Ohio State.  Seen it plenty on this board.  Heard it plenty on 700 WLW. The Buckeyes are the best football team in Ohio from year to year.  It's OK to be a Buckeye fan and live in Cincinnati... You don't have to be a douche.

I live in Southern Ohio. Portsmouth, area. I love my Buckeyes and my Bengals. I see a lot of you guys hate on Ohio State from jealousy of Columbus. They are literally like 90 minutes to the right of Cincinnati , our state capital and you hate them cause UC sucks. Pathetic

I’m going to miss this guy... Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 12:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's definitely not dilapidated.  There's nothing wrong with the achitecture.  The problem is it is very bland. 

They've done little to nothing to update the interior of the stadium.  Hell, up until like 3 years ago they still had they old school TV's in the concourses.  There's no displays of really sort throughout the stadium.  It's just a sea of concrete.

When you look at what the Reds have done, that's what the Bengals need to do.  The Reds have completely transformed their stadium and it's constantly being updated.  Resteraunts, tap rooms, etc.

PBS just needs to be heavily updated and modernized, and given some life.  

I've been to several games at GAB. The seats there, to me, seem to be narrower than at PBS (or is it just club level) They are so narrow it is not comfortable for guys to sit next to each other. (to me it seems that way anyway)
Reply/Quote