Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay
(08-22-2020, 07:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There is no way the county (and it's tax payers) is going to agree to funding a new stadium.

Even committing to sizable upgrades is going to be an uphill battle.  The county got fleeced so bad on this existing deal that they're going to want concessions on anything moving forward.  And frankly, they more than deserve them.

The biggest problem facing significantly more money being spent is that: 

1.) The orginal .5 tax levy was supposed to end after 30 years.  The county just extended it for pretty much forever, to cover budget shortfalls.  It's not coming off the books. 

2.) We just passed the world's stupidest transportation levy, where we're committing 1.2 billion to Metro over the next 10 years.

Hamilton County's taxes are at near the top of the state now.  And with the sour taste left in the mouth's of taxpayers after the last stadium deal, and the pressure on the county commissioners, it's really going to be a tough sell.

The Bengals really need to do right by the county and their fans.  They have to be able to work with them to stay, and not hold them hostage over a better deal elsewhere.

I don't know about that. IF the Bengals can sell the public that a brand new stadium or a highly renovated PBS( which I think will happen) can get a Superbowl in Cincinnati. Then in all likelihood it would pass. Also I don't think we're looking at a billion dollar type project probably a half billion at most.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 07:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There is no way the county (and it's tax payers) is going to agree to funding a new stadium.

Even committing to sizable upgrades is going to be an uphill battle.  The county got fleeced so bad on this existing deal that they're going to want concessions on anything moving forward.  And frankly, they more than deserve them.

The biggest problem facing significantly more money being spent is that: 

1.) The orginal .5 tax levy was supposed to end after 30 years.  The county just extended it for pretty much forever, to cover budget shortfalls.  It's not coming off the books. 

2.) We just passed the world's stupidest transportation levy, where we're committing 1.2 billion to Metro over the next 10 years.

Hamilton County's taxes are at near the top of the state now.  And with the sour taste left in the mouth's of taxpayers after the last stadium deal, and the pressure on the county commissioners, it's really going to be a tough sell.

The Bengals really need to do right by the county and their fans.  They have to be able to work with them to stay, and not hold them hostage over a better deal elsewhere.

The city and Hamilton county should be blamed, bad deal compounded by a stadium without a retractable roof. The business loss in the, thee entertainment taxes lost by not having year round event capability is staggering. City and Hamilton County should build it and charge Bengals to use it for 6 months.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'd be ok if they move to Columbus
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 04:38 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I'd be ok if they move to Columbus

And play second fiddle to the Buckeyes? No thanks.

Reply/Quote
The only move I'd support is a move to NKY

That said no way Bengals leave Cincinnati. We'd forfeit the right to every get a NFL franchise again.

FC Cincinnati Soccer would be king I recon.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Haven't the Bengals said about a thousand times that they have no intention of ever leaving?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 06:04 PM)McC Wrote: Haven't the Bengals said about a thousand times that they have no intention of ever leaving?

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 05:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And play second fiddle to the Buckeyes? No thanks.

They already do
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 06:54 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: They already do

Not here they don't.  And lucky for us, they're called the CINCINNATI Bengals.

Cincinnati is a melting pot of college sports fandoms.  UC, Xavier, Ohio State, UK, NKU.  Ohio State dominates jack shit in this market.  Hell, there's a number of Michigan fans here as well.  You'd never find that north of here in this state.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not here they don't.  And lucky for us, they're called the CINCINNATI Bengals.

Cincinnati is a melting pot of college sports fandoms.  UC, Xavier, Ohio State, UK, NKU.  Ohio State dominates jack shit in this market.  Hell, there's a number of Michigan fans here as well.  You'd never find that north of here in this state.

I actually root for UC and Xavier, not OSU though.

Been hated on before on here for saying it but I root for the Wolverines over the Buckeyes.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually root for UC and Xavier, not OSU though.

Been hated on before on here for saying it but I root for the Wolverines over the Buckeyes.

We don't care... You think that's still a rivalry? That's just some team we donkey punch every Thanksgiving weekend.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:10 PM)jason Wrote: We don't care... You think that's still a rivalry? That's just some team we donkey punch every Thanksgiving weekend.

Sure been owning them lately that is for damn sure.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:10 PM)jason Wrote: We don't care... You think that's still a rivalry? That's just some team we donkey punch every Thanksgiving weekend.

Michigan still leads the series with the records being 58-51-6. 

Plus they get bonus points for not having a head coach punch an opposing player, nor employing Urban Meyer. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Michigan still leads the series with the records being 58-51-6. 

Plus they get bonus points for not having a head coach punch an opposing player, nor employing Urban Meyer. Nervous

Well Clemson has certainly returned the favor ever since the punch. Think how lopsided the all time record was before OSU's 2 decades of dominance... And Urb did just fine while he was there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bengals leave Cincy in 2026.

The San Antonio Bengals win the Superbowl in 2027

If I knew any Quebec Nordiques fans I'd ask how seeing your team win it all the year after moving feels.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 06:54 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: They already do

No they don’t. Plenty of people in Cincinnati don’t give a shit about the Buckeyes. We have our own pro team, and UC.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually root for UC and Xavier, not OSU though.

Damn, you root for our local college teams from all the way out west, Nate? You’re one loyal guy lol

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Damn, you root for our local college teams from all the way out west, Nate? You’re one loyal guy lol

Eh, all I got is Mormon teams and U-dub.

I like the bigger teams and am no Mormon.

Rooting for my brother Logan Wilson, yes sir.

If I was loyal around here I would be a Steeler or Bronco fan, **** that!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not here they don't.  And lucky for us, they're called the CINCINNATI Bengals.

Of course it dominates when there is no pro team.. you just talked about how diverse we are.. well put a pro team in Columbus and see what happens, those that just root for OSU since they have nothing else.. now will.. besides there have been alot of move ins to Columbus over the past 20 years.. im sure many would enjoy a pro team there.. it is big enough for both OSU and a NFL team
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 10:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Of course it dominates when there is no pro team.. you just talked about how diverse we are.. well put a pro team in Columbus and see what happens, those that just root for OSU since they have nothing else.. now will.. besides there have been alot of move ins to Columbus over the past 20 years.. im sure many would enjoy a pro team there.. it is big enough for both OSU and a NFL team

I think Columbus is fairly evenly split with an edge to Browns versus Bengals. Move to Columbus and you lose the fan bases in Lexington and Louisville. I also know Browns fans are very loyal, it took me to lose the team for 3 years to consider leaving my Browns fandom. Over time they may get some new Bengals fans, but my guess that would take years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote