Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Daugherty: If Lewis is out, shouldn't Dalton follow?
IMHO gambling on a Rookie-QB early is a luxury the Bengals do not have. The early needs in the draft are obvious and going for a fourth-round QB as a sure successor is even more like playing the lottery.
With Andy we have a high-floor low-ceiling-QB, who isn't the reason we can't get over the hump. As mentioned over and over again, he isn't someone to carry the team. But as Joe 'elite' Flacco has proven, even a deeply mediocre QB can win a SB...

At this point we have to stay with Dalton and maybe throw a dart in the late rounds...
Someone told me to follow my dreams - so I'm going back to bed
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 01:02 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Any serious driskel lover that would consider really starting him ,you have no football iq.  No wonder you love dalton.

Aren't you one of the guys that says Dalton sucks? And you have the audacity to claim that anyone else has no football iq? Laughable.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 11:52 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Aren't you one of the guys that says Dalton sucks? And you have the audacity to claim that anyone else has no football iq? Laughable.

Lol you guys think no qb can come in and do what Dalton can do. But then you d like to play driskel. Then you say baker Mayfield sucks ,and all we need for a Superbowl team is a all star o line . Draft all o line in the draft and we will get a ring . Lol!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 11:57 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol you guys think no qb can come in and do what Dalton can do. But then you d like to play driskel. Then you say baker Mayfield sucks ,and all we need for a Superbowl team is a all star o line . Draft all o line in the draft and we will get a ring . Lol!!!

I've literally never said any of those things. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 11:52 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Aren't you one of the guys that says Dalton sucks? And you have the audacity to claim that anyone else has no football iq? Laughable.

Andy Dalton has sucked THIS season. He hasn't helped the team overcome any adversity and has often times been part of the problems with the offense. Even when the line has been good/adequate, AD has been sub par.

^ The above statements are, IMO, true. However, that DOESN'T mean that he has to be this bad next season or forever more, right?

I think AD might have Stockholm Syndrome playing Marvin's conservative football for his entire career. I want the brasher Andy Dalton who took on Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and who made some really gutsy throws. He has to be OK making a mistake instead of this super careful conservative guy he's been for the majority of his career. We'll see what a new HC can bring.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 12:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Andy Dalton has sucked THIS season. He hasn't helped the team overcome any adversity and has often times been part of the problems with the offense. Even when the line has been good/adequate, AD has been sub par.

^ The above statements are, IMO, true. However, that DOESN'T mean that he has to be this bad next season or forever more, right?

I think AD might have Stockholm Syndrome playing Marvin's conservative football for his entire career. I want the brasher Andy Dalton who took on Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and who made some really gutsy throws. He has to be OK making a mistake instead of this super careful conservative guy he's been for the majority of his career. We'll see what a new HC can bring.
Name one player who hasn't sucked this year....
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 12:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Andy Dalton has sucked THIS season. He hasn't helped the team overcome any adversity and has often times been part of the problems with the offense. Even when the line has been good/adequate, AD has been sub par.

Name one player who hasn't sucked this year....
Reply/Quote

He's the one that threw a temper tantrum, took his ball and went home a week or 2 ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 01:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Name one player who hasn't sucked this year....

Burfict, Geno, Lawson, Green...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 01:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He's the one that threw a temper tantrum, took his ball and went home a week or 2 ago.

Lol sometimes I can't take stupidity ,everyone saying Mayfield sucks. We will be in a perfect spot for him and he will be good. Mark my words.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 01:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Name one player who hasn't sucked this year....

I think Carl Lawson has been outstanding.

AJ Green has done really well overall despite sketchy QB play.

Burfict has been great. He's clearly worth his weight in gold to the defense considering how they play when he's out.

Dunlap hasn't sucked.

Atkins hasn't sucked.

Mixon hasn't sucked.

Bernard hasn't sucked.

Hewit hasn't sucked.

Kroft hasn't sucked.

Uzomah hasn't sucked.

Malone hasn't sucked.

Denard hasn't sucked.

WJ3 hasn't sucked.

Obviously, it all comes down to your definition of "hasn't sucked". A few bad plays here or there or even a bad game or two over the course of a season doesn't = games worth of bad or a "has sucked" label, IMO.
Reply/Quote
yes please......
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 08:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think Carl Lawson has been outstanding.

Burfict has been great. He's clearly worth his weight in gold to the defense considering how they play when he's out.

Dunlap hasn't sucked.

Atkins hasn't sucked.

Mixon hasn't sucked.

Bernard hasn't sucked.

Hewit hasn't sucked.

Kroft hasn't sucked.

Uzomah hasn't sucked.

Malone hasn't sucked.

Denard hasn't sucked.

WJ3 hasn't sucked.

Obviously, it all comes down to your definition of "hasn't sucked". A few bad plays here or there or even a bad game or two over the course of a season doesn't = games worth of bad or a "has sucked" label, IMO.

He said 1....
Reply/Quote
If Dalton goes, I say get AJ Green shipped. He has to have some trade value and since we'd be in rebuild mode...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 01:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict, Geno, Lawson, Green...

Green has caused a few interceptions with balls bouncing off his hands. Not saying he hasn't been good but I am saying part of Dalton's woes are on Green's shoulders.

Anyways the answer is that a new coach may indeed want his own QB. Or maybe he'll build the offensive and other positions in '18 and '19, then draft a QB in '20 who could sit for a year or two. Dalton is 30 now and has 4 years left on his contract, I wouldn't expect him to be cut before 2019 even if his contract is friendly towards that. These will probably be his best years even if he has a mediocre baseline and a not making a new QB start right away is still generally a good idea. Then too, maybe the draft order will play a role in things. If a great QB falls into our lap then maybe you pull the trigger on that and then get offensive linemen in the 2nd and 3rd this year. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Age wise, AJ Green is on the decline too. Sure maybe he's a Lebron James, but doubt it. Ship him to Belicheck.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:45 AM)ah5 Wrote: He said 1....

Ahahahah....

I listed a bunch just in case someone decided that a single guy I chose did, in fact "suck".
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 08:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think Carl Lawson has been outstanding.

Dunlap hasn't sucked.

Atkins hasn't sucked.

Mixon hasn't sucked.

Bernard hasn't sucked.

Hewit hasn't sucked.

Kroft hasn't sucked.

Uzomah hasn't sucked.

Malone hasn't sucked.

Denard hasn't sucked.

WJ3 hasn't sucked.

We have won how many games this year ?? They all have collectively had a hand in losing.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:29 AM)BMK Wrote: I don't believe this team needs to be totally blown up and rebuilt from scratch.

I do...
[Image: blowing-up-gif-9.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 04:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I do...
[Image: blowing-up-gif-9.gif]

That would be moronic to go full Cleveland browns . We got some good players to work with.
Reply/Quote