Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Guenther Interview
(06-20-2016, 08:11 PM)3wt Wrote: Don't let Tedy Bruschi hear you say that.  He totally eviscerated Lafelle and (indirectly) when Lafelle compared Dalton to Brady

Bruschi has what I like to think of as "stuffed shirt syndrome".  He's been out of the game for a good while, so his memory of Brady may be the Superbowl, but the reality today is that Brady's best years are behind him..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bruschi has what I like to think of as "stuffed shirt syndrome".  He's been out of the game for a good while, so his memory of Brady may be the Superbowl, but the reality today is that Brady's best years are behind him..

I think his shirt is stuffed with BS.
Reply/Quote
I know a lot of people are talking about Vigil (seems to be a board favorite).

But Guenther talking about WJIII makes me wonder if he's talking about special teams or that WJIII will be playing more than Dennard and Shaw.

I personally would like Dennard to play nickel. I think Shaw has a ton of talent and wouldn't surprise me if they moved him to safety.

I just want to see what our young cornerbacks can do.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Dennard can back it up if he can stay healthy...

Unlike Kirkpatrick when he was saying somewhat the same thing.

Unless DK has a career year he will probably go elsewhere.   I can't imagine someone not paying big bucks for him.   The league is desperate for even average CB's.  
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2016, 11:52 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Completely different players.

I watched the tape on Vigil, and his cover skills are supbar.

Keuchly on the other hand has the best cover skills of any LB ive ever watched.

There are some similarities in play style inside the box, but I really don't think they are that similar other than size, position and sadly skin color.

Vigil is closer to Laurinitis to me (sticking with the white comparisons).

Vigil said himself he compares himself to Bobby Wagner. Wagner has smaller size, but they come from the same defense and play much alike eachother, IDK why we cant compare him to Wagner, cuz Wagner is great and they really are similar players.
not completely different players when you look at their size and position they play.  Many rookies get compared to NFL players, does not mean they are better just similar in size, position and skill set.. I have seen both play in college and do see similarities to a good nose to the football... Keuchly was a better college player but I do think Vigil has some of the same attributes as Keuchly
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 10:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Unless DK has a career year he will probably go elsewhere.   I can't imagine someone not paying big bucks for him.   The league is desperate for even average CB's.  

Yet we seem to find one every other year or so in the draft or off the scrap heap from Dallas.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 09:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I know a lot of people are talking about Vigil (seems to be a board favorite).

But Guenther talking about WJIII makes me wonder if he's talking about special teams or that WJIII will be playing more than Dennard and Shaw.

I personally would like Dennard to play nickel. I think Shaw has a ton of talent and wouldn't surprise me if they moved him to safety.

I just want to see what our young cornerbacks can do.

unfortantely when your goal is to win it all you go with the experience factor over testing youth.
Reply/Quote
The only reason people compare Vigil and Kuechely is because they are white. Lets just be honest here.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Every one keeps complaining about how we don't play rookies, but from what I see we play our rookies as much as any other team in the league

Kirkpatrick and Dennard are not the only players we have drafted in the last 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2016, 11:52 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Completely different players.

I watched the tape on Vigil, and his cover skills are supbar.

Keuchly on the other hand has the best cover skills of any LB ive ever watched.

There are some similarities in play style inside the box, but I really don't think they are that similar other than size, position and sadly skin color.

Vigil is closer to Laurinitis to me (sticking with the white comparisons).

Vigil said himself he compares himself to Bobby Wagner. Wagner has smaller size, but they come from the same defense and play much alike eachother, IDK why we cant compare him to Wagner, cuz Wagner is great and they really are similar players.

I wouldn't say subpar. Vigil, from what I saw, was good at playing against other players in the pass. Keuchly is good at playing against the ball in the pass. It's different, but if you're end result is a broken up pass, I don't care how you do it.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 12:45 PM)Benton Wrote: I wouldn't say subpar. Vigil, from what I saw, was good at playing against other players in the pass. Keuchly is good at playing against the ball in the pass. It's different, but if you're end result is a broken up pass, I don't care how you do it.

guenther seems to think Vigil has excellent coverage skills...
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 10:06 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The only reason people compare Vigil and Kuechely is because they are white. Lets just be honest here.

I know, right? Like all the comparisons to him and Paul Posluszny or Sean Lee. I can't take all the comparisons to Bryan Cushing.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 12:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: guenther seems to think Vigil has excellent coverage skills...

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply he wasn't. Just saying he does it differently than Kuechly, in my opinion. That doesn't make him bad, just different. Like Mayo and Miracle Whip.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 10:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Unless DK has a career year he will probably go elsewhere.   I can't imagine someone not paying big bucks for him.   The league is desperate for even average CB's.  

I think no matter how Dre plays he will be going elsewhere next year personally.

The bigger priority should be re-signing Zeitler and i doubt Dre plays well enough to warrant an extension
here especially with the talent behind him. Dennard, Shaw and WJ3 all look to have tons of talent.

Actually i am kind of surprised more teams are not doing what we do and drafting CB's in the first most of
the time. Works and saves you dough down the road.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think no matter how Dre plays he will be going elsewhere next year personally.

The bigger priority should be re-signing Zeitler and i doubt Dre plays well enough to warrant an extension
here especially with the talent behind him. Dennard, Shaw and WJ3 all look to have tons of talent.

Actually i am kind of surprised more teams are not doing what we do and drafting CB's in the first most of
the time. Works and saves you dough down the road.
I'll reserve judgement

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 07:56 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I'll reserve judgement

You do that, i will talk football and occasionally make a prediction or two.

Nothing wrong with that on a NFL message board eh?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You do that, i will talk football and occasionally make a prediction or two.

Nothing wrong with that on a NFL message board eh?

unless he plays to the point we cant afford him id say he be back in stripes in 2017...  He might not be the starter but a lot would need to happen for that to be the case...  One of these young guys that haven't really played are gonna have to have a heck of a year. plus while we paid A Jones... who knows how much longer he plays at that level.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 06:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: unless he plays to the point we cant afford him id say he be back in stripes in 2017...  He might not be the starter but a lot would need to happen for that to be the case...  One of these young guys that haven't really played are gonna have to have a heck of a year.  plus while we paid A Jones... who knows how much longer he plays at that level.

I don't know Xeno, depends on if Kirkpatrick wants to be paid like a starter which i believe he will
definately want to. Problem for him is, he is the weak link in our Secondary and we have 3 guys with
tremendous upside that will just be waiting to take his spot.

Good point about Adam, but i think it will be atleast a year or two before we see any sign of him
falling off barring injury. He keeps himself in tremendous shape and missed a year or two so has less
wear and tear than other Corners his age.

Plus, what is to say we don't take another 1st round CB once again next year?
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know Xeno, depends on if Kirkpatrick wants to be paid like a starter which i believe he will
definately want to. Problem for him is, he is the weak link in our Secondary and we have 3 guys with
tremendous upside that will just be waiting to take his spot.

Good point about Adam, but i think it will be atleast a year or two before we see any sign of him
falling off barring injury. He keeps himself in tremendous shape and missed a year or two so has less
wear and tear than other Corners his age.

Plus, what is to say we don't take another 1st round CB once again next year?

nah man next 1st round CB is 2018 lol every other year..  we are do for another TE next year.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: nah man next 1st round CB is 2018 lol every other year..  we are do for another TE next year.

Could be correct haha, never know though. I definately am clamoring for a DE right now myself over TE.

But it sure would be cool to get another playmaker next to Eifert.
Reply/Quote