Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paulie G
Paulie G is so basic, I bet he drinks pumpkin spice lattes.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 07:35 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Paulie G is so basic, I bet he drinks pumpkin spice lattes.

Not to play "what if", but I wonder how much differently this defense would look, had it not been for the injuries to Billings and Jackson III?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 08:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to play "what if", but I wonder how much differently this defense would look, had it not been for the injuries to Billings and Jackson III?

Billings injury really hurt that kid is a monster against the run we should be getting wj3 back relatively soon though 
Reply/Quote
In a bad, bad, way we need a complete house cleaning in the coaching staff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that after the melt down that's coming this year MB will finally realize he has to hire a new HC and let him pick an entire new staff.

Doesn't hurt to dream
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 08:53 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Billings injury really hurt that kid is a monster against the run we should be getting wj3 back relatively soon though 

Jackson may be back with the team soon, but I'm really not expecting much in the way of actual contribution this season.  If he's fully healed, perhaps he can make an impact on 'teams, or get a few rotational reps in coverage.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 11:03 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Paulie G.. Lol, looks like a fat guy trying to be a member of the show Jersey Shore for Halloween.
Sorta....

But he really looks like a guy who runs a pizza joint on the boardwalk who leaves his top 3 shirt buttons undone, chomps his gum, and calls his customers "tough guy".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 09:08 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In a bad, bad, way we need a complete house cleaning in the coaching staff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that after the melt down that's coming this year MB will finally realize he has to hire a new HC and let him pick an entire new staff.

Doesn't hurt to dream

So your "dream" is a losing season?

Personally I like the Bengals more than I hate any coach.  I would never hope and dream about losing.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 09:08 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In a bad, bad, way we need a complete house cleaning in the coaching staff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that after the melt down that's coming this year MB will finally realize he has to hire a new HC and let him pick an entire new staff.

Doesn't hurt to dream

Since we are dreaming.... maybe the bengals turn it around and make the playoffs and go on a run... To win the super bowl
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 07:35 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Paulie G is so basic, I bet he drinks pumpkin spice lattes.

with extra cream to keep his calorie count up
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Paul Guenther shows flashes of brilliance; I think the Denver game in 2014 is a perfect example and even his scheme against New England in the first half last week was highly effective.  It takes a lot to frustrate Tom Brady and for two and a half quarters the Bengals did it.  If Paul wants to get to the next level he needs to learn to adjust on the fly and neutralize someone like Rob Gronkowski or Ezekiel Elliott on the next defensive series.  It's one thing to be torched on one play but I get furious when the Bengals get torched the same way multiple times whether it's the Steelers' off-tackle run or the Gronkowski over the middle gain for twenty yards.

The truth, Paulie has shown he can coach a great game like the 2014 Bronco game. It would be different if he had
not shown this before. Cannot give up on the guy cause like you said he has shown flashes of brilliance.

Just take away what the Offense does best.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 08:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to play "what if", but I wonder how much differently this defense would look, had it not been for the injuries to Billings and Jackson III?

Probably not much. Billings would probably get some of Sims snaps and WJ3 would be on ST. Remember Dennard was one of the best looking rookies Marvin had ever seen and he played 40 snaps his rookie year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

And Hardison...and would they be on the field less if we had a healthy Eifert, 100% Kroft, to pair with Uzo, rather than rely on him and his inexperience.  

I still think the what if that will haunt me for a long time is that lack of the execution of the so-called "transition" from Lewis to Hue as HC over the next couple years.  Marv could have stayed as a de facto GM (although they would not have called it that..."consultant" more than likely) and Hue would have run the team.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The truth, Paulie has shown he can coach a great game like the 2014 Bronco game. It would be different if he had
not shown this before. Cannot give up on the guy cause like you said he has shown flashes of brilliance.

Just take away what the Offense does best.

I thought he was doing a masterful job last week, then POOF!  They adjusted and ran the same basic play 10 times and torched the Bengals.  I really think he needs to start rotating Clarke in for MJ more and more.  There is just rarely pressure coming from that side.  
Reply/Quote
Did Zimmer run more CB and Safety blitzes when he was here ?
6 Games in I don't recall seeing alot of timed up secondary blitzes under Guenther
Reply/Quote
Zimmer had the DL doing a lot more twists and stunts. He also favored man coverage over zone coverage and had his corners mostly playing tight at the line of scrimmage and doing some bump coverage inside of the 5 yard limit. It meant pass plays took that little bit longer to develop that let the pass rush get to the QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought he was doing a masterful job last week, then POOF!  They adjusted and ran the same basic play 10 times and torched the Bengals.  I really think he needs to start rotating Clarke in for MJ more and more.  There is just rarely pressure coming from that side.  

Yeah, completely agree.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  I really think he needs to start rotating Clarke in for MJ more and more.  There is just rarely pressure coming from that side.  

MJ is tied for 10th in the league in QB hurries with 10.
Reply/Quote
To me it seems like our LBs are the weakest link. They are weak against both the run and the pass.

I thought Dansby would be a big addition to our defense, but he has been one of the biggest disappointments.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 07:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me it seems like our LBs are the weakest link.  They are weak against both the run and the pass.

I thought Dansby would be a big addition to our defense, but he has been one of the biggest disappointments.

That, in itself is quite ironic, as Paul Guenther was the LB coach.  Then, when you factor Marvin Lewis having a defensive background, one really has to be scratching their head over what is going on.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 02:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: Zimmer had the DL doing a lot more twists and stunts. He also favored man coverage over zone coverage and had his corners mostly playing tight at the line of scrimmage and doing some bump coverage inside of the 5 yard limit. It meant pass plays took that little bit longer to develop that let the pass rush get to the QB.

One would think that the DC would figure that out. Apparently not in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote