Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paycor Stadium Welcome to the Jungle
(08-10-2022, 06:31 PM)Roland Wrote:   It's nonsense to suggest that there's some mechanism where bond backed escrow funds are going to solve that in the near term.  

I am not opposed to the income from the naming rights.  Every other team does it so it is about time the Bengals do.

All I was doing was pointing out that the Bengals could easily cover escrow accounts for guaranteed contracts if they wanted to without selling the naming rights.

If you think they can't then you don't understand finance.  Most businesses leverage their income by using debt.  A business worth $2 BILLION with no debt could easily generate the money for an escrow fund if they really did not want to sell the naming rights.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not opposed to the income from the naming rights.  Every other team does it so it is about time the Bengals do.

All I was doing was pointing out that the Bengals could easily cover escrow accounts for guaranteed contracts if they wanted to without selling the naming rights.

If you think they can't then you don't understand finance.  Most businesses leverage their income by using debt.  A business worth $2 BILLION with no debt could easily generate the money for an escrow fund if they really did not want to sell the naming rights.

....by going into debt
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....by going into debt

Amazon has over $7 billion dollars in debt on their books.  They would not be making nearly as much money if they never utilized debt.  That is how corporations work.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Amazon has over $7 billion dollars in debt on their books.  They would not be making nearly as much money if they never utilized debt.  That is how corporations work.

You most likely don't understand you just refuted your own point. 

See the thing is when you argued no debt to....................Nevermind you're right

[Image: file.png]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This is one of the weirdest thread derails I’ve seen on here to date.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 07:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As a Message Board member I'd like to say: Thanks for nothing (and I'm currently on my home computer)

[Image: 2dnuzd.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Even the Browns are feeling the inflation. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 12:08 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Even the Browns are feeling the inflation.  Ninja

Just wait for the GoFundMe for Burrow's signing bonus.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 09:40 AM)pally Wrote: It is a 16-year agreement and goes into effect immediately.

Guess we dont have to worry about Bengals moving anytime soon then
Reply/Quote
It is officially official with the signs in place and the ribbon cut

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They misspelled "PayJoe" stadium.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They misspelled "PayJoe" stadium.

Nice lol

I will miss the Paul Brown Stadium name until we win the SuperBowl though.

I liked the name of our stadium being of the founder and the great Paul Brown.
Reply/Quote