Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Peko signs with Broncos
Reply/Quote
Seems like an era in players is ending. Strangely enough. Whitworth gone, Peko gone

But Marvin Lewis still here smh @ us
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 06:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

[Image: me-gusta.jpg]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
This team is getting younger
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm actually okay with this
Reply/Quote
Thank you! Hopefully he's good for a few personal fouls against us.
Reply/Quote
He can take his shitty yogurt with him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The changing of the guard is inevitable. Older players retire or leave. But the idea is to have someone capable of playing their spot.

At this point I'm not sure we have that end covered.

I really hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
Happy to see this. I was expecting he'd be re-signed for 2 year, $6 mill or something like that. I expect/hope Billings to be the starter and Sims or a draft pick to back him up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hey Elway! Take Rey Maualuga too. We're running a two for one special on Samoans....
Reply/Quote
The deal is reported to be 2yrs- 7.5m (3.8 guaranteed).
Reply/Quote
Will always be a favorite & a real class act. Cheers
Reply/Quote
My take is that if he would have signed here it would have been in more of a mentors role. He still wants to play and Denver gives him the chance. Throw in the writing on the wall in Cincy and the ring factor in Denver; there you have it.

Good luck DP!
Reply/Quote
So Billings is going to be without a mentor!? Gasp...
Reply/Quote
He had a long and very good career with the Bengals. I wish him well.

I've known a lot of people who have met him and all have said he's a very nice guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 07:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He had a long and very good career with the Bengals. I wish him well.

I've known a lot of people who have met him and all have said he's a very nice guy.

Yes, I was not a big fan of his play, but he was a great representative of the franchise.  Did alot of good in and around the community.
Reply/Quote
Peko was one of the good guys for the community so I wish him well. But I am glad the Bengals did not sign him to that particular contract. Same goes for the contracts of Whit and Big Z. Hopefully 2017 draft elicits a lot of "hits."
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 07:08 PM)JumboTron Wrote: So Billings is going to be without a mentor!? Gasp...

Lol yea I know I hate hearing that. Isn't that the coaches job. Everyone thinks Peko sucks (me included) so why would anyone want this guy to mentor.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 07:16 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yes, I was not a big fan of his play, but he was a great representative of the franchise.  Did alot of good in and around the community.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but why not? Peko was a fine run plugging DT for many years that occasionally helped collapse the pocket.

Sure, his play is slipping with age, but he was one of the better DT's in Bengals history over the course of his career, IMO.

On top of that, he was an iron man, playing all 16 games in 10 of his 11 seasons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Thank you Mr. Peko for your service. But I'm actually glad to see him gone, his play had slipped a lot these past two seasons.
Reply/Quote