Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pelosi rips one
(02-05-2020, 03:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I will always defend board members against attacks against them that are completely off base. If you don't want to be criticized for baselessly attacking board members then don't baselessly attack board members. 

It's beyond pathetic. The rest of your post is just asinine. I may disagree with the politics of board members, but I consider the vast majority to be good people who I enjoy having open conversations with on these boards. P&R is a better place without the kind of bull shit you're throwing around right now.

Nobody attacked anyone. Try not to be so emotional over a piece of paper being ripped.

If you think that's worse than anything Trump has done, then that's your problem not mine. You haven't disputed anything I've said. Just coming to the rescue of a poster I didn't even attack to attack me while crying about posters attacking.

Like I said earlier, you don't have to respond. But if you think you are going to silence me by these lame passive aggressive posts taking shots at me then you just haven't been paying attention.

It won't work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Now only if folks had this same energy defending America, her Democracy, and our Constitution as they do the piece of paper Nancy ripped up, we'd be on the path of recovery.

Unfortunately, their priorities are with the paper in the trashcan.

Lock her up!

(02-05-2020, 05:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Nobody attacked anyone. Try not to be so emotional over a piece of paper being ripped.

If you think that's worse than anything Trump has done, then that's your problem not mine. You haven't disputed anything I've said. Just coming to the rescue of a poster I didn't even attack to attack me while crying about posters attacking.

Like I said earlier, you don't have to respond. But if you think you are going to silence me by these lame passive aggressive posts taking shots at me then you just haven't been paying attention.

It won't work.

You’re making an ass out of yourself. I’d recommend not making the same illogical leap with me that you did with Benton.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-05-2020, 04:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: I still catch it occasionally.  I don't watch much of anything regularly anymore though.

Between 1990 and 1991 I can remember walking through the dorm on a Sunday night and every room that had a television had FOX on with Married With Children and the Simpsons.  You could hear the entire episode just walking past the rooms.

We’re watching Who Shot Mr Burns Pt 2 and scenes from the class struggle in Springfield (the country club episode) tomorrow for Sociology. They’ll find examples of conflict theory and structural functionalism.

(02-05-2020, 06:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You’re making an ass out of yourself. I’d recommend not making the same illogical leap with me that you did with Benton.

Again, you haven't disputed anything I've said. Just lame sly remarks and personal attacks that you should know by now don't faze me.

Maybe Trump was right about Baltimore. That's what I take away from this "conversation".

Everything else just seems a little too snowflakish for me. Benton certainly can speak for himself if he thinks I attacked him. No reason to keep crying about it. Besides I've long stated the statement was in general and nothing against any poster. If there's any ass being made, it's you continuing to cry about it long after I stated such.

Is there any chance the Dems do this if they felt they were comfortably cruising to big victories is November?

I didn't read every comment here, but I didn't see anyone mention how earlier in the speech she partially rips one of the papers to practice. Obviously this was planned all along, but this just proves it.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(02-05-2020, 07:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Again, you haven't disputed anything I've said. Just lame sly remarks and personal attacks that you should know by now don't faze me.

Maybe Trump was right about Baltimore. That's what I take away from this "conversation".

Everything else just seems a little too snowflakish for me. Benton certainly can speak for himself if he thinks I attacked him. No reason to keep crying about it. Besides I've long stated the statement was in general and nothing against any poster. If there's any ass being made, it's you continuing to cry about it long after I stated such.

You’re accusing me of being a Trump supporter that thinks Pelosi’s behavior is worse than Trump’s because I told you that you were making “quite a leap” when you said the same about Benton.

I don’t know how I am supposed to “dispute” such a stupid statement beyond telling you that it’s asinine.

(02-05-2020, 10:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: On one hand DJT didn't shake Pelosi's hand.  On the other hand the gop will have such faux outrage over the "improper decorum" it will be laughable and insufferable all day.

I don't think he shook Pences hand either. If true, kind of makes the situation look worse.

(02-05-2020, 10:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: Republicans have lost any opportunity to lecture anyone about "unbecoming" behavior (I mean really, why would they not see that trap before walking into it this morning). But they will as they have positioned themselves to be called out on hypocrisy for years to come as they try to force everyone else to play by rules they applaud and excuse Trump for breaking.

Your not going to like this response, but I think Trump (as difficult as it may seem) acted more representative to the nation than Pelosi. I thought he would go rogue and take some serious cheap shots regarding the impeachment. But he didn't? That surprised the hell out of me. 3yrs ago Trump would not have been able to control himself. Last night, I was pretty proud of his behavior. 
(02-05-2020, 12:13 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Couple things. Pelosi didn't introduce Trump in the traditional manner.  He didn't shake Pence's hand either.

Ok, so he didn't shake Pences hand. Good to know (I was assembling an exercise bike and missed it). Also good point about not properly introducing the President. That may have been NP drawing first blood in an attempt to bring out Trumps worst. If so, he did very well.

(02-05-2020, 05:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now only if folks had this same energy defending America, her Democracy, and our Constitution as they do the piece of paper Nancy ripped up, we'd be on the path of recovery.

What else was written in that speech that she tore up and disgraced herself over? So did NP think it was honorable to rip it up in a speech that honored Janiya Davis receiving a scholarship to the school of her choice? The honoring of Staff Sergeant Christopher Hake with his family present? The honoring and promotion of Tuskegee Airman Charles McGee and honoring his grandson as well, or praising a Cincinnati veteran who suffered from PTSD and got addicted to drugs, only to recover and be successful in hopes to show it is not impossible to recover from addiction? If the hate was so darkening, here's a list of those honored in the speech she tore apart. https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/special-guests-for-president-trumps-3rd-state-of-the-union-address/

I understand it may sound petty for mentioning the contents of the speech. Yet, that stuff matters to a lot of people. Ultimately, I think the President did a fine job last night. Of course everyone here knows I support Trump. I haven't been a big fan of the way he carries himself sometimes, but have never been afraid to admit that point. But last night, I seen Trump acting presidential. I also seen NP acting in a manner unbecoming of her political position. Oh how things seemed to have flipped? If NP and the Democratic party doesn't pull themselves together, regroup and stop the obsession over Trump for the next 252 days, they are only killing themselves and may lose some of their base.

Trump hijacked the SOTU and made it a campaign speech rather than what is its intended purpose. It was also riddled with lies. It was making a mockery out of the institution. Pelosi doing this was bad optics, but I have zero issues with her doing it for these reasons.

Side note, Trump is there at Pelosi's invitation, not Pence's. He is there as a guest of the Speaker of the House, not the President of the Senate. That is why he should've greeted Pelosi.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-05-2020, 08:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Side note, Trump is there at Pelosi's invitation, not Pence's. He is there as a guest of the Speaker of the House, not the President of the Senate. That is why he should've greeted Pelosi.

Shake the hand of someone who disrespects you when you enter the room? Sounds like a teenage girl acceptance ritual. Sounds like both broke tradition. 

(02-05-2020, 08:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Shake the hand of someone who disrespects you when you enter the room? Sounds like a teenage girl acceptance ritual. Sounds like both broke tradition. 

The handshake snub was before the introduction. She introduced him as the President of the United States after the snub from him.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-05-2020, 10:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well Russian bots are quick.... Mellow

All seriousness aside so is #classless but I'm haven't seen the ratio of Pelosi vs Trump as to who it is referring to.

[Image: d94qnqs-749aee97-50a2-49a5-bccc-4ee1e18c...cQd-_LTzpQ]

(02-05-2020, 10:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Damn don't the speeches last a couple of hours?  Seems like it would be like tearing a phone book.

It was a handful of pages, and she did half of the pages at a time rather than all at once.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(02-05-2020, 09:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The handshake snub was before the introduction. She introduced him as the President of the United States after the snub from him.

Damnit!  Smirk

Maybe Trump didn't read "Roberts Rule of Congressional Order?" JK, But totally effed up my argument. Damn woman scorned is all it was. Still unprofessional. 

Maybe she was just angry because the legislative branch has failed to keep the executive branch in check for the past few decades.
(02-05-2020, 06:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We’re watching Who Shot Mr Burns Pt 2 and scenes from the class struggle in Springfield (the country club episode) tomorrow for Sociology. They’ll find examples of conflict theory and structural functionalism.

Spoiler alert. It was Maggie.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-05-2020, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: Let me guess you applaud Trump not shaking her hand in a far worse show of disrespect?

Showing frustration in the face of opposition is a weakness. She missed a chance to show she was stronger.
First off, Trump's State of the Union Address was INCREDIBLE. He laid out plans for the future with certainty, he addressed all of the good things going on, and he gave the American people confidence.

Pelosi is an absolute, disrespectful, treasonous joke. She had the "who gives a shit" attitude the entire time and didn't stand when everyone else did when Trump made great points or had great plans for the country. She didn't stand when Trump mentioned great accomplishments and everyone else stood.

Democrats act like Trump's the one dividing the country when they can't even show common decency.

Pathetic.
(02-06-2020, 01:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: First off, Trump's State of the Union Address was INCREDIBLE.  He laid out plans for the future with certainty, he addressed all of the good things going on, and he gave the American people confidence.  

Pelosi is an absolute, disrespectful, treasonous joke.  She had the "who gives a shit" attitude the entire time and didn't stand when everyone else did when Trump made great points or had great plans for the country.  She didn't stand when Trump mentioned great accomplishments and everyone else stood.

Democrats act like Trump's the one dividing the country when they can't even show common decency.

Pathetic.

I've only caught pieces. Overall it seemed like a decent speech. But as far as confidence, the only thing I'm confident of it that both sides will continue to giddily spend us into deficit oblivion. The only reason our economy looks like it's doing well is because the fed is pumping in borrowed money.  And we're only spending it to increase public spending, which is good, but we aren't investing in infrstructure or other things that produce long-term gains, which is bad.