Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pence staff threatens action against reporter
(05-02-2020, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: hell_freezes_over.jpg]

That doesn't look like Grand Cayman.  I've been to Hell there.  Still got my shot glasses purchased at the gift shop. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-02-2020, 03:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you don’t have funds you can’t provide care, particularly indigent care. Getting into a pissing contest with the Vice President over a mask might cost you millions of dollars and affect your ability to care for thousands. It is another risk benefit analysis, but you make a good point. It shouldn’t need to come to this, but ultimately the Mayo Clinic is responsible for enforcing their policy on their campus. Or turning a blind eye during a VIP visit.

It's the old "don't kick a turd and make it stink" mentality.  Pence knows he should wear a mask but he doesn't care, so you let him in so your workers and patients can get into the building the next day rather than having to wade through a slew of armed protesters.  Yeah, it sucks it's come to this but people have to choose their battles.
(05-02-2020, 02:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I consider this example to be life threatening, so yeah, the point stands. 

I guess those goalposts weren't gonna stay where you put them.

(05-02-2020, 02:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Many healthcare providers take an oath. I know you consider oaths to be things of ridicule but some folks take the quite seriously that they will defend regardless of the harm to them. I feel many healthcare providers take their oaths quite seriously. Your "no one would have denied Pence access to their facility without the proper PPE, shows how little respect you have for them. 

What you should "know" is *I* said oath or no oath if something is wrong you should tell the person you took the oath to that it is wrong. Someone Mellow disagreed with that. Chain of command, following orders, etc.

Someone Mellow now says that they will tell their superiors or someone above their own power level to do something and that person "always" does it.

Clinic bowed to Pence because Pence had the power. Then Pence lied about why he did it. Twice. Then his wife lied.

Have a great rest of your day!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-02-2020, 03:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's the old "don't kick a turd and make it stink" mentality.  Pence knows he should wear a mask but he doesn't care, so you let him in so your workers and patients can get into the building the next day rather than having to wade through a slew of armed protesters.  Yeah, it sucks it's come to this but people have to choose their battles.

Here's what I don't get:  Why bring the guns if you're just gonna stand there and scream?  I don't WANT a mass shooting but you just look stupid standing there screaming you're gonna have a revolution and then....going home.
(05-02-2020, 05:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here's what I don't get:  Why bring the guns if you're just gonna stand there and scream?  I don't WANT a mass shooting but you just look stupid standing there screaming you're gonna have a revolution and then....going home.

The gun is just part of the uniform, I guess.  It's like wearing a football jersey to an NFL game even though you aren't going to actually go on the field and do anything.  We all play our dress up games and pretend we are part of something bigger.
(05-02-2020, 05:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here's what I don't get:  Why bring the guns if you're just gonna stand there and scream?  I don't WANT a mass shooting but you just look stupid standing there screaming you're gonna have a revolution and then....going home.

Ever watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

They're being repressed. You only know they're being repressed by how heavily armed they are and how loud they can scream at the police.
(05-01-2020, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dino meme aside: You'd be surprised how compliant folks are when you explain it's a matter of life and death.

Did you just pose the question as an opportunity to post a meme or did you actually want an answer?

(05-02-2020, 05:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess those goalposts weren't gonna stay where you put them.

Exactly what goalpost moved?

Quote: What you should "know" is *I* said oath or no oath if something is wrong you should tell the person you took the oath to that it is wrong.  Someone  Mellow disagreed with that.  Chain of command, following orders, etc.

Someone  Mellow now says that they will tell their superiors or someone above their own power level to do something and that person "always" does it.

Clinic bowed to Pence because Pence had the power.  Then Pence lied about why he did it.  Twice.  Then his wife lied.

Have a great rest of your day!
[/quote]

And absolutely none of that rambling explains why The Mayo Clinic should not be ashamed.

As I've said: Pence is not of the staff of the Mayo Clinic, so I have 0 idea why you keep pretending he does. 

You've constantly male ridicule of oaths. You can own that or not. 

It's sad to see that 4 months after I got put in timeout you can just rattle on. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-02-2020, 03:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's the old "don't kick a turd and make it stink" mentality.  Pence knows he should wear a mask but he doesn't care, so you let him in so your workers and patients can get into the building the next day rather than having to wade through a slew of armed protesters.  Yeah, it sucks it's come to this but people have to choose their battles.

You're just kinda making that up aren't you? I mean, I get it, you're playing to the audiance. But it's silly.

They're trying to intimidate... I was always brought up to believe that a firearm is a lot like your Willie. You only take it out if you intend on using it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-02-2020, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're just kinda making that up aren't you? I mean, I get it, you're playing to the audiance. But it's silly.

I sincerely believe there is more than a 0% chance if someone refuses to let Pence into the Mayo clinic Trump tweets about it and drops some sort of hint that a bunch of "good people" should protest it.  I realize this sounds like a bunch of fantasy nonsense, and a few months ago I would have agreed, but now I'm not so sure.

People with assault rifles are demanding haircuts and that they be allowed to play rounds of golf.  Am I really the one being silly here?
(05-01-2020, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why didn't the Mayo Clinic insist he wear a mask?

Maybe they did and Pence just said "No".

Secret Service would just say it was for security purposes and local law enforcement would have no authority to oppose them.

Of course we all know you would physically thrown him out if he refused, but unfortunately you were not there.
(05-01-2020, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why didn't the Mayo Clinic insist he wear a mask?

Maybe they did and Pence just said "No".

Secret Service would just say it was for security purposes and local law enforcement would have no authority to oppose them.

Of course we all know you would physically thrown him out if he refused, but unfortunately you were not there.
(05-01-2020, 06:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: You ever try to tell someone above your power level they "have to" do something?

No, no...he's one them "good" Christians.  Anti-abortion, don't be alone with women, no gays, etc.  Lying?  Absolutely ok.  Smirk

(05-01-2020, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: YES!! And believe it or not; they always complied. 

(05-01-2020, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dino meme aside: You'd be surprised how compliant folks are when you explain it's a matter of life and death.

Did you just pose the question as an opportunity to post a meme or did you actually want an answer?

(05-02-2020, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly what goalpost moved?

When you went from people "always" do what you tell them they have to no matter where they are in the power structure to "life and death".

It's going from funny to sad by day three though.  Mellow

All seriousness aside you brought up oaths...I simply reminded you that someone Mellow said you respect people you take an oath too no matter what.

Also, I never said the Mayo Clinic was wrong just that Pence was.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
(05-03-2020, 03:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe they did and Pence just said "No".

You're most likely right. But I wouldn't have thrown him out; he would have never gotten in if I were a caregiver a I thought he put my patients and staff in jeopardy. How about you, WWFD? 

(05-03-2020, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: When you went from people "always" do what you tell them they have to no matter where they are in the power structure to "life and death".

It's going from funny to sad by day three though.  Mellow

All seriousness aside you brought up oaths...I simply reminded you that someone Mellow said you respect people you take an oath too no matter what.

Also, I never said the Mayo Clinic was wrong just that Pence was.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

The conversation has always been about decision that jeopardize human life. Now you can faint like you thought I was talking about things such as which color socks they should wear, and you can constantly ridicule oaths, but that says a hell of a lot about you than it does me. 

(05-03-2020, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The conversation has always been about decision that jeopardize human life. Now you can faint like you thought I was talking about things such as which color socks they should wear, and you can constantly ridicule oaths, but that says a hell of a lot about you than it does me. 

I never changed what I said...you changed you answer from "always" to "always in life threatening situations".

I disagree that an oath means you always "respect" the person you took the oath too and can never tell them they are wrong or bad.  You disagree but someone those people "always" listen to you.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. ThumbsUp
(05-03-2020, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're most likely right. But I wouldn't have thrown him out; he would have never gotten in if I were a caregiver a I thought he put my patients and staff in jeopardy. How about you, WWFD? 

What you would do isn't really the issue.

It's what pence did. He said he wouldn't wear a mask in public, he followed through. When called on it, his people said he didn't know. When called on that, they said it didn't matter because, unlike the serfs, he gets tested regularly. When called on that, he wore a mask at his next stop.
(05-03-2020, 08:13 PM)Benton Wrote: What you would do isn't really the issue.

It's what pence did. He said he wouldn't wear a mask in public, he followed through. When called on it, his people said he didn't know. When called on that, they said it didn't matter because, unlike the serfs, he gets tested regularly. When called on that, he wore a mask at his next stop.

Unsure why you quoted me instead of Fred as he asserted what I would do and I think we both know it was an attempt at belittlement. 

I've said numerous times that Pence should be ashamed of himself. Is it too much to ask that the business that let him in should be ashamed as well?

(05-03-2020, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure why you quoted me instead of Fred as he asserted what I would do and I think we both know it was an attempt at belittlement. 

I've said numerous times that Pence should be ashamed of himself. Is it too much to ask that the business that let him in should be ashamed as well?

Isn't the business that let him in way more irrelevant than the VP?

I know I have to wear masks in hospitals, and when I walk into a hospital without one most people will call me an idiot, and only a few people would be troubled about the add-on question if the hospital should feel ashamed as well.

Especially if I were to be everyone's boss and the prime fighter of the epidemic we all fight. 

I have an assumption that if Hillary had done the same, this whole 'should the clinic be ashamed as well' question would not quite bear such importance for you either.

And yeah in that sense, it's a bit much to ask to ignore said assumption.
(05-03-2020, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've said numerous times that Pence should be ashamed of himself. Is it too much to ask that the business that let him in should be ashamed as well?

Normal administrations, I'd agree.

One that has members who hire paid protestors to protest things it disagrees with, fires those who speak out against it and cuts funding based on emotion... That's tough to hold them accountable for not speaking up against it. In an ideal world, yeah, they should. In one where you miss a mortgage payment and you're credit is wrecked for years, I have a hard time holding the employees accountable for not calling out their "boss."