Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penei goes 2 overall, who do you pick?
I’m not familiar with other oline talent coming out this year but don’t see any familiar names where we are picking that sound like a sure pick. For the sake of discussion, no trading down.

With that in mind, my choices are Micah Parsons -> Jamar Chase -> Kyle Pitts (sleeper).

Gregory Rousseau looks like a carbon copy of Barkevious Mingo (bad).

Patrick Surtain is fast but iffy at point of attack -> not a sure bet.

Kwity Paye will be decent but not too 5 material (I’m a UM fan).

I haven’t scouted other players, I’m sure there is other offensive lineman out there.
Reply/Quote
Slater out of northwestern and Darrisaw out of VT are two solid tackles. I’d love parsons or pitts
Reply/Quote
Depends how the board falls. Depends what we do in FA (and with WJ3).

Who I’d be most excited about is Chase or Pitts. But I’d be down for Slater if we go OL. Needless to say I’m hoping for offense.

Wouldn’t be mad with some of those defensive players either though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Who's the best blocking TE in this draft?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:27 PM)jason Wrote: Who's the best blocking TE in this draft?

I’m sure ZT knows
Reply/Quote

After rolling my eyes/sighing, I'll admit this made me chuckle.  Rep
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:16 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: I’m not familiar with other oline talent coming out this year but don’t see any familiar names where we are picking that sound like a sure pick. For the sake of discussion, no trading down.

With that in mind, my choices are Micah Parsons -> Jamar Chase -> Kyle Pitts (sleeper).

I haven’t scouted other players, I’m sure there is other offensive lineman out there.
Parsons seems to be the best clear player of the rest at their position , with Bynes probably gone, we need a impact LB that we have been missing
Reply/Quote

My first thought was "bazinga". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Trade down
Reply/Quote
The heart says Pitts.  The brain says that you think about Chase or a trade down.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 09:24 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The heart says Pitts.  The brain says that you think about Chase or a trade down.  

We've seen what a great TE can do for an offense. This is where I am at the moment with the sexiest pick being Chase.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Every single draft I do, Sewell is still there at 6.

Like I don’t know what the eagles or falcons are working with but I can’t imagine Sewell getting passed those 2.

Rousseau, Chase, Parsons, fields, Wilson, Surtain are all names that are going 2-5. At this point, being so early in the draft, the bengals seem to be married to Sewell on TDN
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:21 PM)Kaiden.Gower Wrote: Slater out of northwestern and Darrisaw out of VT are two solid tackles. I’d love parsons or pitts

At no fault of his own, I feel Slater is going to fall later into 1st round because of his lack of length. Some teams will feel he doesn't have enough arm length to handle OT duties in the NFL, so they may want to move him to guard. Yet he's not really started at guard, as his starts in college have been at RT and LT.

I personally would be fine waiting until Rd 2 to take an OT, as I think there's a glut of good talent and someone great will fall to the Bengals' 2nd round pick.

OTs I have in the Top 50:
- Sewell
- Darrisaw
- Slater
- Radunz
- Leatherwood
- Eichenberg
- Cosmi
- Mayfield
- Carman

I also like Teven Jenkins from Oklahoma St as a RT prospect if the Bengals were to wait until Rd 3.

Depending on what the Bengals do in FA though, they may prioritize IOL instead.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 09:45 AM)Takedown Wrote: We've seen what a great TE can do for an offense. This is where I am at the moment with the sexiest pick being Chase.

The TE position has changed so much in the modern NFL. Kelce is likely going to lead the league in yards for the season.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 12:23 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think it’s looking like Chase at 2 and Sewell at 4.

Maybe. Depends if the Falcons want to replace Matt Ryan in the near future, but I don’t know what they have on tackles. Neither do I the Eagles. I find it hard for them to pass up on Sewell at 5, but they do really need a corner.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:44 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Maybe. Depends if the Falcons want to replace Matt Ryan in the near future, but I don’t know what they have on tackles. Neither do I the Eagles. I find it hard for them to pass up on Sewell at 5, but they do really need a corner.

Falcons have a really good Left Tackle in Jake Matthews and a solid option in Kaleb McGary at Right Tackle.

They took AJ Terrell last year but could definitely use another corner, but you're right they could go QB especially if someone like Justin Fields falls into their lap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The Falcons have a highly paid LT and a young first rounder(maybe 2nd?) at RT. Sewell would still be an upgrade over either. A lot of what happens at 2 and 3 will depend on who the new coaches/gms are. I think if they don’t go the QB grooming road, Parsons might be what they are looking for on D.

I don’t think 2, 3, 4 go Sewell then. Money is on the eagles to take Sewell then.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:16 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: I’m not familiar with other oline talent coming out this year but don’t see any familiar names where we are picking that sound like a sure pick. For the sake of discussion, no trading down.

I agree I think the Picks at 5 or 6 goes to Parsons, chase, or pitts.  It feels bad to take a TE in the top 10, but he is talented... I just don't know if our coaching staff will use him well enough to justify the pick.  Parsons feels like a generational middle linebacker, but are those guys worth the value investment in the top 10 these days, and Chase is a great prospect and really feels like an aquan boldin style receiver that could help replace the void as the 2nd receiver.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 03:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Eagles have a couple high paid/drafted OT’s already, but a team like that could start Sewell out at OG and then move him to OT after somebody like Lane Johnson is cut or traded.

I don’t know if they would do that with other issues they have and the talent available. But if that’s the case the Jags should do that and let Cam Robinson go.
Reply/Quote