Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People That Will Blindly Vote For Biden.....
Also for a lot of people, a denunciation from Mattis is enough to get the point across.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 05:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, the president doesn't have a ton to do with the economy. I've pointed this out a number of times. In addition, the economy was already on an upward trajectory before Trump took office. So, while presidents don't have a large hand in the economic tides, what little Trump did have to do with it was essentially just not screwing up too bad. Not really an accomplishment.

I want to add there that he also raised the deficit to unheard levels (pre-pademic, obviously...) and hence put much of the achieved growth on the children's credit cards. At least that's what any conservative would have argued if any democrat had produced a similar debt in good economic times.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 05:50 PM)hollodero Wrote: I want to add there that he also raised the deficit to unheard levels (pre-pademic, obviously...) and hence put much of the achieved growth on the children's credit cards. At least that's what any conservative would have argued if any democrat had produced a similar debt in good economic times.

You are very much correct, here. His increase in the deficit definitely provided an artificial boost to the economy. That is one way the president can affect things.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 05:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You are very much correct, here. His increase in the deficit definitely provided an artificial boost to the economy. That is one way the president can affect things.

This one always strikes me, for so many fiscal conservatives slammed Obama's economy because of the deficit, nothing else counted, this huge deficit, what an unspeakable disaster.
How apparently everyone in that camp, very much including all the fiscally conservative Tea party people, could just move on a dime on that topic is truly amazing. I get being somewhat flexible, but this shames any contortionist.
Reply/Quote
Like the last election, is this the best our country can do for President? Incredibly sad we just can't have normal moderate candidates that are younger 65.

But since they are the only options and how Trump has handled a major crisis like Covid, I have to go with Biden (hoping he has a halfway decent VP which most aren't looking like unless he throws a curveball).

However that doesn't mean I want the Dems to control all of DC, so hoping Repubs hold on to the senate.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 04:23 PM)treee Wrote: - He actually has experience governing

- He is a centrist 

- He doesn't dog whistle white supremacy crap 

- Doesn't seem like he has a personality disorder

Add to this list:

-He is taking the pandemic seriously 

Voting Biden is a no brainer. Trump has proven to be the most incompetent President in the modern era, and it's not close. He will objectively go down in history as one of the worst presidents.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
INSANITY!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Add to this list:

Voting Biden is a no brainer. Trump has proven to be the most incompetent President in the modern era, and it's not close. He will objectively go down in history as one of the worst presidents.

He did give his base what they wanted: the government ran like a business.

And like most of his business ventures, tax payers will be bailing out huge levels of greed, failure and incompetence.

For me, one of the biggest drawbacks is it will discourage voters from voting for outside candidates again, and most likely third party candidates. Trump will serve as a reminder of the devastating effects someone can have instead of an example that sometimes we need people without tunnel vision.
Reply/Quote
LO ***** L at Trump supporters criticising anyone for the way they speak, and inability to form a coherent thought. Or being creepy around women and children... Or being a racist.

Joe Biden sucks as a presidential candidate, but Trump (I'm taking a big labored inhale) is a disaster. So yep... I'ma blindly vote for Biden over Trump.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 04:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The George Floyd riots?

That's not because of anything Trump said or did.

How's he better?  Look at all of Trump's accomplishments pre-pandemic and tell me how Sleepy Joe would be better and explain how you think a man that delusional is capable of running the most powerful country in the world.

The lack of maga hats and flags and Trump that ***** shirts in those rioting mobs is pretty apparent Brad... They don't seem to be occuring in Trump areas either. If you think what's going on in Portland is just about George Floyd, you are very mistaken.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 05:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, the president doesn't have a ton to do with the economy. I've pointed this out a number of times. In addition, the economy was already on an upward trajectory before Trump took office. So, while presidents don't have a large hand in the economic tides, what little Trump did have to do with it was essentially just not screwing up too bad. Not really an accomplishment.

As for judicial reform, what is it that you are referring to? If you're thinking of the First Step Act, that was a bipartisan piece of legislation that was so popular Trump had no real choice but to sign it as it came to him with a veto-proof majority.

So what else have ya got?

First Steps Act was blocked by the GOP under Obama and they only supported it once Trump was elected. Trump was also against it and Ivanka had to bring Kanye and Kim K to the White House to convince him to sign it. 

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 09:58 PM)Benton Wrote: He did give his base what they wanted: the government ran like a business.

And like most of his business ventures, tax payers will be bailing out huge levels of greed, failure and incompetence.

For me, one of the biggest drawbacks is it will discourage voters from voting for outside candidates again, and most likely third party candidates. Trump will serve as a reminder of the devastating effects someone can have instead of an example that sometimes we need people without tunnel vision.

until Tucker Carslon wins the nomination 

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Add to this list:

No Brainer is a great way to describe voting for Biden. He sadly is having some mental issues which is why the Dems don't want to expose him by debating Trump.

We finally get a president that does what he says he's going to do and its unbelievable that some can't see it. And before you all attack me, no, he hasn't accomplished everything he said he wanted to do but that's mostly due to the 3 branches of government more than him not trying. Trump is the first president since Reagan that isn't a career politician more concerned about there jobs as politicians than actually governing. He didn't have to take big campaign money and be obligated to those donors and the things they want done. Is he a little rough at times? Yes. But he's not part of the establishment and is trying to improve this country. Which means draining the swamp of those politicians on all sides. That's why both Dems and some Reps are out to get him. 

Sadly he may go down in history as the best president ever and so many Americans are so caught up in what the liberal overlords push through media that they're being manipulated and missing it. 

As of now we're still a free country which means everyone should vote for which ever candidate aligns with their beliefs. But please be informed and do some real research. Do you want someone a little rough around the edges but says what he means or someone that can't even put together a cognitive thought and will be the puppet for an entire party? Who ever it is it's your right to cast that vote......at least for now. God Bless. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 11:38 PM)Mer Wrote: No Brainer is a great way to describe voting for Biden. He sadly is having some mental issues which is why the Dems don't want to expose him by debating Trump.

We finally get a president that does what he says he's going to do and its unbelievable that some can't see it. And before you all attack me, no, he hasn't accomplished everything he said he wanted to do but that's mostly due to the 3 branches of government more than him not trying. Trump is the first president since Reagan that isn't a career politician more concerned about there jobs as politicians than actually governing. He didn't have to take big campaign money and be obligated to those donors and the things they want done. Is he a little rough at times? Yes. But he's not part of the establishment and is trying to improve this country. Which means draining the swamp of those politicians on all sides. That's why both Dems and some Reps are out to get him. 

Sadly he may go down in history as the best president ever and so many Americans are so caught up in what the liberal overlords push through media that they're being manipulated and missing it. 

As of now we're still a free country which means everyone should vote for which ever candidate aligns with their beliefs. But please be informed and do some real research. Do you want someone a little rough around the edges but says what he means or someone that can't even put together a cognitive thought and will be the puppet for an entire party? Who ever it is it's your right to cast that vote......at least for now. God Bless. 

There's a lot that's just wrong with this post. 

The failing Trump "Biden is senile" attack side, Trump hasn't done what he said he would. There's no health care reform. The GOP couldn't get its shit together despite having a majority, but he also failed to even release a plan. 4 years later and he has no plan. He said over two weeks ago that he'd have a plan in less than two weeks. He hasn't released it. 

He said he wouldn't golf. He has golfed twice as much as his predecessors, including 10 times in the last month. 

He said he would release his tax returns. He hasn't. 

We can go on.

Reagan was involved in politics at the national level as a major surrogate for high profile republicans for years before  serving as governor for 8 years and then ran for President, lost, started a PAC, and ran for President again. If 20 years in politics before being President is the metric, Bush I and Clinton spent as much time in politics as he did, Bush II and Obama arguably spent less.

You can't argue he's draining the swamp when his cabinet has been made up of RNC insiders and Wall Street execs. He literally nominated a Dept of Ed secretary with no experience in education who spent millions in lobbying. He outsourced his judicial nominees to Republican think tanks. 

I can't see how he would go down as even being in the top 50% of President. 

I find it amusing that you end this post full of patently false information by telling others to "do research", especially to the government teacher.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 11:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There's a lot that's just wrong with this post. 

The failing Trump "Biden is senile" attack side, Trump hasn't done what he said he would. There's no health care reform. The GOP couldn't get its shit together despite having a majority, but he also failed to even release a plan. 4 years later and he has no plan. He said over two weeks ago that he'd have a plan in less than two weeks. He hasn't released it. 

He said he wouldn't golf. He has golfed twice as much as his predecessors, including 10 times in the last month. 

He said he would release his tax returns. He hasn't. 

We can go on.

Reagan was involved in politics at the national level as a major surrogate for high profile republicans for years before  serving as governor for 8 years and then ran for President, lost, started a PAC, and ran for President again. If 20 years in politics before being President is the metric, Bush I and Clinton spent as much time in politics as he did, Bush II and Obama arguably spent less.

You can't argue he's draining the swamp when his cabinet has been made up of RNC insiders and Wall Street execs. He literally nominated a Dept of Ed secretary with no experience in education who spent millions in lobbying. He outsourced his judicial nominees to Republican think tanks. 

I can't see how he would go down as even being in the top 50% of President. 

I find it amusing that you end this post full of patently false information by telling others to "do research", especially to the government teacher.

That's surprising! Most government teachers I've known were conservative.

Will you please educate me on why Biden would be better? And do you think it's possible Biden will be replaced as the Democratic candidate?

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 11:38 PM)Mer Wrote: No Brainer is a great way to describe voting for Biden. He sadly is having some mental issues which is why the Dems don't want to expose him by debating Trump.

Why is it when Trump “says what he means” conservatives say that’s not what he meant and not to take him literally?
Reply/Quote
The democrats could put up Big Bird and I’ll still vote for them over the Current Orange cheetah in Chief. I really really want to see the heads in those MAGA hats explode when their savior loses.

That is all.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 04:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are you insane?  

Do you not care about the well-being of this country?

This dude is so far gone that it's not even funny anymore because there's a possibility that he could win because people will vote Democrat blindly thinking that Republicans are just rich racists.

Take this video, for example, where he responds to a black reporter asking him if he had taken a cognitive test and he responds with "...... did you take a test where you're taking cocaine or not?"

If Trump said ANYTHING like that, he would be beaten down by the media and the public would be calling him every name in the book, but Biden does it and it's ok?  Democrats still want to elect this guy?

And people say that Trump's the racist one

Rolleyes

I know some of you will, so please explain how you can vote for a guy that's this far gone mentally?

It’s a trap!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 01:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why is it when Trump “says what he means” conservatives say that’s not what he meant and not to take him literally?

Well I'm conservative and I didn't say that so that's false.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2020, 12:03 AM)Mer Wrote: That's surprising! Most government teachers I've known were conservative.

Will you please educate me on why Biden would be better? And do you think it's possible Biden will be replaced as the Democratic candidate?

To the bolded, I think that depends on what you want for the country and yourself.

If you want a functional WH, a competent cabinet, a renewal of our important alliances, and a president who will take our national security seriously, then even a Biden with onset dementia will perform better than Trump for the nation.

If you think that a president should be a role model, or at least not model bad behavior for youth, then Biden checks that box much better than Trump. Same if you care about rule of law.  And same if you think Climate Change an important concern and securing a functioning healthcare system in the US.

If you want social programs rolled back and tax cuts for the wealthy, and that is more important than stable government, Biden is not your man. 

If you don't care much about foreign policy and alliances and an international order which have worked for us since WWII, if you are an "anti-globalist" who likes to break treaties and alliances, Biden will not help there. He will not ban Muslims or separate refugee children from their parents. Same if you are pro life and/or think it the destiny of a Christian US to protect Israel come what may.  

If Biden is elected, conspiracy theories will continue to flow--but they'll be coming from outside the White House and remain there. They won't inform national policy.  Some find that a big plus, especially during a pandemic.
Reply/Quote