Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
I mean LOL at signing Percy Harvin, Rod Streater or DHB.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 04:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying Jones is the best #2 ever, but it might be noteworthy that last season was the only one where we had stability outside of Green and Dalton looked pretty awesome.  I guess seeing how well the passing game worked last year makes me more interested in keeping everything consistent than saving Mike Brown 2 million bucks.

I think Eifert was a much bigger contributor than Jones was. Like I said, I think that Jones is a good receiver and I hope we can keep him, but I don't think he's needed for the offense to play well. As long as we have Green and Eifert healthy our weapons should be fine. If Jones does go I think we could find a nice replacement in the first few rounds of the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 06:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think Eifert was a much bigger contributor than Jones was.

I never said Jones was a bigger contribution than Eifert.

(02-24-2016, 06:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If Jones does go I think we could find a nice replacement in the first few rounds of the draft.

Yeah, but can't we keep him and not risk him being more important than we think AND spend our higher draft picks on stuff we need rather than a hole we let happen?  We're going to be down 2 WRs and I don't think anyone on our bench is going to step up AND I don't see us saving any money at all on a FA risk.

I don't think losing Jones will be the end of the world, but I'd rather not lose him because we haven't been too efficient in finding #2 WRs in a hurry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 01:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't either. I think we should give every effort to keep MLJ. If we happen to lose him, we need to address the loss seriously.

Signing Brian Quick doesn't qualify as seriously, IMO. Quick couldn't even get on the field last year for a Rams team in desperate need of WRs.

He was still recovering from major shoulder surgery. reports are he will be completely healed in time for mini camp and OTAs.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote