Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Perine is better than Mixon
Seriously he deserves the starting job, this man runs hard he's like a mom tank and he's more explosive than Mixon, he kind of reminds me of Gio. I definitely think he's earned the starting job
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Stop it.

The last time Mixon played a full game he had 200+ yards and 5 TD’s.

Perine is doing a great job filling in, but some of you have short memories. Mixon is going to eat just as much (if not more) the way this OL is playing right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:21 AM)Trademark Wrote: Seriously he deserves the starting job, this man runs hard he's like a mom tank and he's more explosive than Mixon, he kind of reminds me of Gio. I definitely think he's earned the starting job

No doubt. There should be no RB controversy. His powerful , bulldozing, stiff-arming, angry running style is the source of my man crush on Sam.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Stop it.

Perine is doing a great job filling in, but some of you have short memories. Mixon is going to eat just as much (if not more) the way this OL is playing right now.

If Joe continues to run as hard and angry as he did against the powerful Panthers, then yes. But I trust Sammy to run hard ALL THE TIME. He never takes a play off.  Joe doesn't have my complete trust in that capacity.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Let them both murder the terrible Browns run defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Stop it.

Agreed. All Perine has done to this point is make teams now treat him like a #1 and not "They're probably passing as they bring in their version of a FB". He's earned a couple of extra carries and an extra reception per game, but Mixon is still the more explosive back. If anything, he's pushed Mixon and there's nothing wrong with that.

Mike Thomas is shitting his pants, though. His replacements are part of the offense much more than he ever was.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:31 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Let them both murder the terrible Browns run defense.

I predict a bad outcome for the Browns this time around.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:21 AM)Trademark Wrote: Seriously he deserves the starting job, this man runs hard he's like a mom tank and he's more explosive than Mixon, he kind of reminds me of Gio. I definitely think he's earned the starting job

1. LOL no he isn't. Are you aware of what the term explosive means? Perine is a slow rumbler that can't be tackled.
2. Gio-van was INCREDIBLY nimble and shifty, which are two traits that Mixon has over Perine in spades.

They are a GREAT 1-2 punch and compliment each other perfectly, hence why they did so well at Oklahoma.

But Mixon is the better player and it isn't up for debate.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
you're correct. And whoever gave you a 1 star rating is a fool
Reply/Quote
Samaje did great but Mixon is faster and a bit shiftier. Mixon's hole in his game has been too much dancing and also poor in pass protection. Perine by contrast is not as fast or shifty but is a hard nosed north and south back (a la Rudi Johnson) and is much better than Mixon in pass protection.
Reply/Quote
mixon is too in love with trying to juke and cut outside. Perine's style of just hitting the hole works way better

samaje isnt going down easy, and his stiff arms are unreal.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 03:04 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: mixon is too in love with trying to juke and cut outside. Perine's style of just hitting the hole works way better

Agree. The guy's just an animal.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Stop it.

That was against a terrible Panthers team
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 03:29 AM)Trademark Wrote: That was against a terrible Panthers team

That was also when the o-line was starting to gel.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 03:29 AM)Trademark Wrote: That was against a terrible Panthers team

Downplay it all you want, but the Panthers defense has guys like Brian Burns and Derrick Brown on their DL. That Panthers team has won 2 out of their last 3 games since playing us.

Look, I love his running style as much as anyone. Dude is literally out there dribbling guys to the ground, but we don’t need to bench a weapon like Mixon just because Perine runs hard. The ideal scenario is to have them split carries pretty evenly - maybe slightly favoring Mixon.

Reply/Quote
At minimum, Perine deserves more playing time… how we feel about split backfields ?

Reply/Quote
I still remember all the posts after the Superbowl where many members here wanted to cut Perine after his performance in the last series against the Rams. Whatever
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 03:04 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: mixon is too in love with trying to juke and cut outside. Perine's style of just hitting the hole works way better

For sure. His cranial cracking brain stem planting stiff arm is fun to watch.

Reply/Quote
The only thing I’m worried about is our predictability and pass block pickups by Mixon when they go back to Mixon starting. If they can do more RBBC and less situational, that should help with the predictability, but I’ve seen Mixon miss too many blocks and we’ve given up 2 sacks with Perine starting. The line is obviously the main reason, but Perine usually shuts his block down if he stays in. Mixon struggles mightily in that.
Reply/Quote

The noticeable difference to me is a clean pocket and I think a lot of that has to do with Perine's blocking ability.  When he stays in it's like having an extra lineman.  He's just all around solid.
Reply/Quote