Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Perine is better than Mixon
(12-11-2022, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely. And literally no one ever said he shouldn’t get his carries. Some of us just wanted to pump the brakes on the better than Mixon talk. We’re seeing what he can do behind a decent OL right now.

I'm not on the Perine > Mixon train. I think Mixon has proven he's the guy. I think everyone is taking the early season struggles as being all on Mixon and like I said I think it was scheme and overall blocking. I'm a fan of all the RBs and am just happy it appears to be heading in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan choose to draw it up, Samaje Perine and Joe Mixon could become a two headed monster in the backfield.

I’m all for this, especially if the receiving corps keeps getting dinged up. Another wrinkle that could pay dividends. Both are good receivers.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:22 PM)SladeX Wrote: I’m all for this, especially if the receiving corps keeps getting dinged up. Another wrinkle that could pay dividends. Both are good receivers.

Kinda looked like Perine forgot how to catch today. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kinda looked like Perine forgot how to catch today. 

Boyd had that last week, lol. Is it an alien dropsie that moves from host to host? Hope it jumped to the Browns today…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:46 PM)SladeX Wrote: Boyd had that last week, lol. Is it an alien dropsie that moves from host to host? Hope it jumped to the Browns today…

NO! We need the Browns to be good next week. Hopefully it jumped to Jerome Boger
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: NO! We need the Browns to be good next week. Hopefully it jumped to Jerome Boger

You have a point. I don’t have the hatred towards the Browns that I do the Stealers. May the Browns win, then.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kinda looked like Perine forgot how to catch today. 

TBF Burrow was sending some of those balls in HOT…
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:01 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: TBF Burrow was sending some of those balls in HOT…

One of them was, the other was just a bad drop. Both on 3rd down, too. Glad it didn’t cost us in the end.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One of them was, the other was just a bad drop. Both on 3rd down, too. Glad it didn’t cost us in the end.

Nah, both were hot, one was behind him and one was far out for him. Neither were good throws at all. It’s okay, Burrow’s allowed to have mistakes. Can’t blame everyone else and not him too.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:31 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Nah, both were hot, one was behind him and one was far out for him. Neither were good throws at all. It’s okay, Burrow’s allowed to have mistakes. Can’t blame everyone else and not him too.

Ok lol.

Burrow had plenty of misses early on in this one. But Perine needs to catch a ball that literally hits him in the hands. Period.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok lol.

Burrow had plenty of misses early on in this one. But Perine needs to catch a ball that literally hits him in the hands. Period.

This is a running back, not a #1 WR. Running forward and having to reach practically behind your head and one where it hits your fingertips when you are already fully extended, is not as simple. You’re on some sort of heater today, really making a big deal out of small things.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:39 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: This is a running back, not a #1 WR. Running forward and having to reach practically behind your head and one where it hits your fingertips when you are already fully extended, is not as simple. You’re on some sort of heater today, really making a big deal out of small things.

Heater? LOL

I’m happy as a pig in shit. We’ve won 5 in a row. But the fact is Perine DID have 2 big 3rd down drops (make excuses all you want but I’m sure both will count as drops). Seeing as this thread is about him being better than Mixon I think it’s fair to bring up. Mixon caught both his targets today.

Like I said earlier though, the nice TD run Perine bounced outside pretty much made up for it. Keep giving us a healthy dose of both backs I say.

Reply/Quote
Thought Joe threw a couple short throws too hard as well, heck think one dislocated Boyd's finger.

Yet get him being jacked up against a team he wanted to beat badly and don't fault anybody.

It's all good.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Go back and watch the very first offensive play. Mixon misses a huge hole to the left and runs right into a pile of players on his right. Literally right in front of him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Go back and watch the very first offensive play. Mixon misses a huge hole to the left and runs right into a pile of players on his right. Literally right in front of him. 

I do remember that one. Thankfully it was one of his only bad plays of the day.

Reply/Quote
Irwin is better than Taylor... This is a silly argument. Perine and Mixon are both solid NFL RBs, and it's great to stop the run. Neither of them are crucial to the Bengals success as an individual. I feel like opposing defenses wanna get to Burrow and contain Chase... And stop the run.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:38 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I wish KC had a much tougher schedule then you guys could pull ahead of them in the seeding.

Personally I don't think I want #1 seed and the bye. Just give me #2 and mostly home playoff games. Having a week off almost seems to be a detriment half the time and if we are going hot to end the season I'd rather just keep on playing.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:18 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Personally I don't think I want #1 seed and the bye. Just give me #2 and mostly home playoff games. Having a week off almost seems to be a detriment half the time and if we are going hot to end the season I'd rather just keep on playing.

Good Lord no, what kind of craziness is this?  

Lets see, 2 home games and then the Super Bowl or in your case 2 home games , the AFC Championships AWAY, then the Super Bowl?   

I think last year's run has some a bit overconfident or a bit crazy.  No one is so good they dont want the bye.  Basing this theory on teams like the Titans last season is not a good measure.  Even though the Titans had the #1 seed, they clearly were the 3rd best team at best going into the playoffs and turns out they were the 4th best.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Good Lord no, what kind of craziness is this?  

Lets see, 2 home games and then the Super Bowl or in your case 2 home games , the AFC Championships AWAY, then the Super Bowl?   

I think last year's run has some a bit overconfident or a bit crazy.  No one is so good they dont want the bye.  Basing this theory on teams like the Titans last season is not a good measure.  Even though the Titans had the #1 seed, they clearly were the 3rd best team at best going into the playoffs and turns out they were the 4th best.

It’s not a matter of we’re so good we don’t need a bye, but more I don’t like the thought of sitting around a week waiting and losing the momentum we had going into the playoffs which if we finished with the first seed I’d imagine our momentum was really rolling.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:41 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: It’s not a matter of we’re so good we don’t need a bye, but more I don’t like the thought of sitting around a week waiting and losing the momentum we had going into the playoffs which if we finished with the first seed I’d imagine our momentum was really rolling.

This makes no sense to me?   This would be a bye week to get healthy and NOT LOSE.  I dont see any way that playing 3 games would ever be better than playing 2 to get to the Super Bowl?  We played 3 last season - and in that 1st game, which would be a bye if we had the number 1 seed, we lost our starting TE to a knee injury.

Why in the world would anyone want to risk a loss, risk injuries, forego a chance to heal up - all things we did week 18 last season vs the Browns and obviously had zero impact on our momentum?

Reply/Quote