Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Perine is better than Mixon
It's an eye test thing for me. Perine made a case for the starting role in week 3 versus the Jets.
Reply/Quote
Glad the Perine is better than Mixon folks aren’t coaching the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Mixon with 96 yards today..He's not going anywhere..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What a bad time for this thread to be on the 1st page lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Mixon with 96 yards today..He's not going anywhere..

Nor should he. There is room for them both to eat.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad the Perine is better than Mixon folks aren’t coaching the team.

I'm just glad nobody on this board makes any decisions for the Bengals... Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad the Perine is better than Mixon folks aren’t coaching the team.

You have the same power, zero, thankfully!

Perine >, who scored the TD lol
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You have the same power, zero, thankfully!

Perine >, who scored the TD lol

Right, but thankfully the coaches actually agree with me that Mixon is RB1.

Perine’s TD was nice (made up for the 2 brutal drops), but that 40 yarder Mixon busted really highlights the difference between the two of them.

Thunder and Lightning.

Reply/Quote
Here is to hoping you guys win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:19 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Here is to hoping you guys win the Super Bowl.

You don't need to say that every week. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't need to say that every week. Mellow

Its nice you got revenge on the Browns though.
Reply/Quote
I don't care who plays Mixon or Perine. I just want a good run game. It was, however, very evident that Mixon saw the writing on the wall today as he stopped dancing around like he has all year and hit the hole hard with his shoulders down. Finally stopped that Levon Bell dance around behind the line crap.
Reply/Quote
I wish KC had a much tougher schedule then you guys could pull ahead of them in the seeding.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad the Perine is better than Mixon folks aren’t coaching the team.

I get people being down on Mixon, but it wasn't because of lack of ability. It was because of a still developing OL and injury. 

Guys sample size is bigger than 6 games. He's proved it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but thankfully the coaches actually agree with me that Mixon is RB1.

Perine’s TD was nice (made up for the 2 brutal drops), but that 40 yarder Mixon busted really highlights the difference between the two of them.

Thunder and Lightning.

I mean it's not like you weren't on the same "holy shit something is wrong with Mixon" train earlier this year, with most of us. I still view that 5 TD game as an anomaly, it's not normal for anyone lol. 

That does highlight the difference, but that illustrates my point too - Mixon is a 1-3 yard, negative, and bust a run vs. Perine (at least with his much smaller sample size) is more consistent. We look unstoppable with a consistent run game. That median yardage stat would be interesting to see instead of average. That lack of consistency makes our short calls a bit tougher, seems to be a staple to win. I find that lack of short game caused us to lose the Super Bowl, almost won without it. The Burrow sneaks are working well this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 09:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I mean it's not like you weren't on the same "holy shit something is wrong with Mixon" train earlier this year, with most of us. I still view that 5 TD game as an anomaly, it's not normal for anyone lol. 

Oh I totally thought Mixon was washed earlier this season, I’ll fully admit that, but he was clearly not healthy, and the OL also wasn’t opening holes at all at that point. He’s looked fantastic in his last couple full games. And I still think it’s absurd to claim Perine is the better RB.

Btw that Panthers team everyone wants to downplay Mixon’s big game against just went on the road and beat Seattle.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nor should he. There is room for them both to eat.

If Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan choose to draw it up, Samaje Perine and Joe Mixon could become a two headed monster in the backfield.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 09:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I mean it's not like you weren't on the same "holy shit something is wrong with Mixon" train earlier this year, with most of us. I still view that 5 TD game as an anomaly, it's not normal for anyone lol. 

That does highlight the difference, but that illustrates my point too - Mixon is a 1-3 yard, negative, and bust a run vs. Perine (at least with his much smaller sample size) is more consistent. We look unstoppable with a consistent run game. That median yardage stat would be interesting to see instead of average. That lack of consistency makes our short calls a bit tougher, seems to be a staple to win. I find that lack of short game caused us to lose the Super Bowl, almost won without it. The Burrow sneaks are working well this year.

I think it really just boils down to the scheme changing and the OL playing better. Mixon can be consistent. Him and Perine both had runs that got stuffed today.

I think the coaches saw enough out of Perine that he will be getting his reps the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
The blocking scheme change has made both backs effective.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:20 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think it really just boils down to the scheme changing and the OL playing better. Mixon can be consistent. Him and Perine both had runs that got stuffed today.

I think the coaches saw enough out of Perine that he will be getting his reps the rest of the way.

Absolutely. And literally no one ever said he shouldn’t get his carries. Some of us just wanted to pump the brakes on the better than Mixon talk. We’re seeing what he can do behind a decent OL right now.

Reply/Quote