Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Perine is better than Mixon
(12-12-2022, 01:54 AM)jason Wrote: Irwin is better than Taylor... This is a silly argument. Perine and Mixon are both solid NFL RBs, and it's great to stop the run. Neither of them are crucial to the Bengals success as an individual. I feel like opposing defenses wanna get to Burrow and contain Chase... And stop the run.

Hmm, perhaps we have found our next topic for 10+ pages of discussion and debate?  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely. And literally no one ever said he shouldn’t get his carries. Some of us just wanted to pump the brakes on the better than Mixon talk. We’re seeing what he can do behind a decent OL right now.

What I liked yesterday was seeing Samaje getting entire series....and I think I recall seeing Mixon doing the same? It helps with predictability.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I say, with two-thirds of our receiver corps out, we go Pro-set with 2 WR + 1 TE + 2 RB. No one would know what the hell we would be doing next.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Mixon got 39 snaps yesterday. Perine got 29. Joe was in 53% of the time. Samaje 48% Before the concussion, the split was more 80-20 75-25

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:41 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: It’s not a matter of we’re so good we don’t need a bye, but more I don’t like the thought of sitting around a week waiting and losing the momentum we had going into the playoffs which if we finished with the first seed I’d imagine our momentum was really rolling.

Makes no sense.

1. Last year we had a "bye", by playing our 2nd/3rd substitutes in our last game against the Browns.
2. We lost that game, there goes the momentum theory.
3. Conclusion, we won three straight going into the SB. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Despite Mixon’s big game, I still think Perine is the better option. Sure, Mixon is good when he has big holes to run through, but Perine is far more consistent when the holes aren’t there. Mixon is faster than Perine, but he doesn’t have breakaway speed. We saw that on Mixon’s 40 yard run against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok lol.

Burrow had plenty of misses early on in this one. But Perine needs to catch a ball that literally hits him in the hands. Period.

Burrow was sped up on the first one. Even he would tell you it was a bad ball. 

It's a shame too because Perine could have picked up about 20 yards on that to extend the drive. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Burrow was sped up on the first one. Even he would tell you it was a bad ball. 

It's a shame too because Perine could have picked up about 20 yards on that to extend the drive. 

And Perine would (hopefully) tell you he needs to catch balls that hit him in the hands.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I do remember that one. Thankfully it was one of his only bad plays of the day.

Yeah. After i posted that i went "why?" because it looks like i'm saying 'he still isn't good' when that's not the case. He ran hard yesterday and came up with some clutch yards when they were needed. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Good Lord no, what kind of craziness is this?  

Lets see, 2 home games and then the Super Bowl or in your case 2 home games , the AFC Championships AWAY, then the Super Bowl?   

I think last year's run has some a bit overconfident or a bit crazy.  No one is so good they dont want the bye.  Basing this theory on teams like the Titans last season is not a good measure.  Even though the Titans had the #1 seed, they clearly were the 3rd best team at best going into the playoffs and turns out they were the 4th best.

NGL, i'd prefer the #2 seed, keep rolling along. Host 2 games, have Miami win the East so that Buffalo has to travel to KC and beat them, then host the AFCCG. Best of all worlds, imo. 

I only say this because i don't believe the #1 seed is a possibility, at this time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Perine has good hands, but his arms are very short, which leads to dropped passes if they’re not on the money

WTS, both Mixon and Perine averaged over 5ypc
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Perine would (hopefully) tell you he needs to catch balls that hit him in the hands.

So any ball that hits a receiver in the hands should be caught. Got it. 

Let me line you up 5 feet in front of me and throw the ball as hard as I can at your hands and then get on you because you didn't catch it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Perine has good hands, but his arms are very short, which leads to dropped passes if they’re not on the money

WTS, both Mixon and Perine averaged over 5ypc

I feel like they did a better job of spelling each back and evening out their snaps. Mixon had a nice game, Perine kept chugging along. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So any ball that hits a receiver in the hands should be caught. Got it. 

Let me line you up 5 feet in front of me and throw the ball as hard as I can at your hands and then get on you because you didn't catch it. 

Yep and now all of a sudden we hear that Perrine has short arms and can only catch balls right to him since he didn't catch a ball thrown to him yesterday. Incredible and amazing the stupidity around here. Perrine is as fine a receiver out of the backfield as there is in the league. It's exactly what he's known for.
Pretty soon it will be that Burrow is just too short with all the passes batted down at the LOS.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:23 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Yep and now all of a sudden we hear that Perrine has short arms and can only catch balls right to him since he didn't catch a ball thrown to him yesterday. Incredible and amazing the stupidity around here. Perrine is as fine a receiver out of the backfield as there is in the league. It's exactly what he's known for.
Pretty soon it will be that Burrow is just too short with all the passes batted down at the LOS.

Neither of those "drops" were actually recorded as "drops" yesterday either, so we should probably just stop saying they were drops and plays that weren't executed. 

The first miss to Perine on the first drive was because Burrow was sped up most of the first half. He missed Trayveon Williams across the middle later in the half. The ball hit him in the hands but was barely above the turf. I guess that one should have been caught too.

He was missing guys left and right. Burrow did not have a great game yesterday as hard as it is for some of you to hear that. He made enough plays to get the W though - all that matters.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So any ball that hits a receiver in the hands should be caught. Got it. 

That’s the idea, yes.

Anyway, I’m not trying to bag on Perine too much. He’s playing very well right now.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s the idea, yes.

Anyway, I’m not trying to bag on Perine too much. He’s playing very well right now.

Both him and Mixon are playing well. It's stupid we are even having a thread debating this tbh. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:23 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Yep and now all of a sudden we hear that Perrine has short arms and can only catch balls right to him since he didn't catch a ball thrown to him yesterday. Incredible and amazing the stupidity around here. Perrine is as fine a receiver out of the backfield as there is in the league. It's exactly what he's known for.

You should probably spell our players names correctly if you’re going to call people stupid in the same post. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Both him and Mixon are playing well. It's stupid we are even having a thread debating this tbh. 

That I fully agree with. Bad thread from the get go.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You should probably spell our players names correctly if you’re going to call people stupid in the same post. Ninja

Well, I'll go a step further here in that if you think that ANY ball that hits a receiver in the hands should be caught then that's total stupidity, too. Spelling okay that time around?
Reply/Quote