Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perine to Broncos
(03-15-2023, 12:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: I remember when Whits replacement was drafted and the time had come to fill the role…. Maybe you were around to remind those frustrated with losing him about that said replacement. Everyone’s replaceable right. Easy. 

Please find my posts where I said this. Pretty sure I was not happy he left. I hoped he retired here. I was very critical on the old board how the front office ran things (read ebenezer).

Now we have a legit qb and players on both sides of the ball. We can’t keep everyone. I hopefully see a plan that allows us to keep our studs and replace some losses via the draft. Free agency is far from over.

If think this is a rebuild you just have your head up your arse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd sign Kareem Hunt to replace Perine.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd sign Kareem Hunt to replace Perine.

Kareem Hunt is wanting starting RB money
Reply/Quote
On the HTPG podcast last night, Dehner and Morrison said Perine was the free agent that got away. The money was competitive with Denver but he wanted a new start and a chance to play more downs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:36 PM)pally Wrote: On the HTPG podcast last night, Dehner and Morrison said Perine was the free agent that got away.  The money was competitive with Denver but he wanted a new start and a chance to play more downs

From Perine's perspective, totally fair. 
Reply/Quote
Yea, I didn't know till this morning that the Bengals were willing to match the Denver offer. Hate to see this guy leave.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: From Perine's perspective, totally fair. 

That either implies that they're totally in in Mixon (maybe even no restructure option) or that the heavy interest in young RBs means he didn't see his role improving.  When Cody Ford gets told he has a shot at RT, but Perine isn't given the same shot to get more reps that says something.
Reply/Quote
I read yesterday the FO was stunned by the decision Perine made to leave. They were the one they wanted back badly which I get as we have no blocking RB and it'll be hard to rely on a rookie RB to do so. I think this is an underrated blow to our offense.

Still slightly amazed that for the second year in a row we are losing guys to bad teams unwilling to play with Burrow and chase a SB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Still slightly amazed that for the second year in a row we are losing guys to bad teams unwilling to play with Burrow and chase a SB.

That's because the money always talks. There is no loyalty to a certain team or organization. The same thing will happen with Burrow when that time comes.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: I read yesterday the FO was stunned by the decision Perine made to leave. They were the one they wanted back badly which I get as we have no blocking RB and it'll be hard to rely on a rookie RB to do so. I think this is an underrated blow to our offense.

Yeah I was reading today how the team was focused on resigning our own players which is what they had put out there. Like you said they were stunned to see Perine, Hurst and Bell all leave. Also saw that Orlando Browns people reached out to us rather than the other way around which seems a bit surprising. Just seems like we didn't go into this free agency with a very good plan in place. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:05 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I was reading today how the team was focused on resigning our own players which is what they had put out there. Like you said they were stunned to see Perine, Hurst and Bell all leave. Also saw that Orlando Browns people reached out to us rather than the other way around which seems a bit surprising. Just seems like we didn't go into this free agency with a very good plan in place. 

They were not surprised by Bell. I know that 1000%. Hurst I haven’t heard. I’m pretty sure they were surprised how much he got. They had him for 3.5m and he got 7m for 3 years = 21m. Perine they matched and he went to Denver any way. That’s shocked them. But Samaje knew Joe is their guy.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:36 PM)pally Wrote: On the HTPG podcast last night, Dehner and Morrison said Perine was the free agent that got away. The money was competitive with Denver but he wanted a new start and a chance to play more downs

We talked on here before Dehner brought it up. Somebody posted it and I concurred because I had heard it too but wanted to wait for it to break.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd sign Kareem Hunt to replace Perine.

They resigned Trayveon. Don’t think they do that if they were getting a FA.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:05 PM)pulses Wrote: Kareem Hunt is wanting starting RB money

I mean I feel like he'd be the best RB on the team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:31 PM)jason Wrote: I mean I feel like he'd be the best RB on the team.

Possibly. But with his history I don't think we'd even be interested
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:36 PM)pally Wrote: On the HTPG podcast last night, Dehner and Morrison said Perine was the free agent that got away.  The money was competitive with Denver but he wanted a new start and a chance to play more downs

Makes sense for Perine. If Williams doesn't come back healthy, Perine might become their lead back.

I just think the idea was to re-sign Perine, cut Joe, and pair our eventual draft pick with Perine. Now, it feels like Joe won't be cut and doesn't need to take a pay cut. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 01:25 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Makes sense for Perine. If Williams doesn't come back healthy, Perine might become their lead back.

I just think the idea was to re-sign Perine, cut Joe, and pair our eventual draft pick with Perine. Now, it feels like Joe won't be cut and doesn't need to take a pay cut. 

It wasn’t. They’d told Perine to keep him.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They were not surprised by Bell. I know that 1000%. Hurst I haven’t heard. I’m pretty sure they were surprised how much he got. They had him for 3.5m and he got 7m for 3 years = 21m. Perine they matched and he went to Denver any way. That’s shocked them. But Samaje knew Joe is their guy.

How do u know they weren't surprised by bell? I guess because he signed so quickly they must've had some talks with him and realized they weren't close. It sounds like we were trying to get people on the low side and it didn't work out. Which is fine but you should probably get a sense that it isn't gonna work for all of them ahead of time and have a plan in place. I'm really just still upset with our free agency. The Brown signing I felt was good. But hearing afterward that he approached us and that now Jonah wants a trade makes it feel like very poor plan that's poorly executed.
Reply/Quote
Long before Free Agency started, the Bengals knew who the FAs they wanted to re-sign were, and how much they thought they were worth. The players who left got more than the Bengals thought they were worth. So, fans complain they got away. Of course, if the Bengals had overpaid to keep them, fans would complain about that too. Can't over pay everyone.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 07:13 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: How do u know they weren't surprised by bell? I guess because he signed so quickly they must've had some talks with him and realized they weren't close. It sounds like we were trying to get people on the low side and it didn't work out. Which is fine but you should probably get a sense that it isn't gonna work for all of them ahead of time and have a plan in place. I'm really just still upset with our free agency. The Brown signing I felt was good. But hearing afterward that he approached us and that now Jonah wants a trade makes it feel like very poor plan that's poorly executed.

Never got an explanation just that they weren’t surprised. I’d imagine they were far apart to begin with and never seemed likely

Reply/Quote