Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perine
(02-25-2022, 04:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People should stop worrying about how others perceive their opinions. Just because a guy is a former Bengal doesn't automatically = you're dumb for possibly wanting him back, and I think the vast majority of people are pretty rational about our former players.

All that said, in this case I think I'd rather just find someone new. Tbh, Perine had a better year than Gio, who only touched the ball 49 times in 14 games in Tampa, and averaged 5.3 per catch in regular season. Gio turns 31 in November.

I think we'd be better off drafting a guy. Or sticking with Perine, who wasn't as bad as people are saying, IMO. He was barely used in the playoffs, and sure he made a couple mistakes, but we wouldn't have made the Super Bowl without his 41 yard TD catch, either.

They aren’t drafting a running back. You can bet they ramp up Evans.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 04:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They aren’t drafting a running back. You can bet they ramp up Evans.

I don't like speaking in absolutes. Especially when Evans was just a 6th round pick. No guarantees we stick with him or view him as the future #2. Maybe he is, but to assume so is foolish, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I am okay if we move on but would also be fine if we kept him around. I didn't like his play in the SB though that is for sure.

Had our longest TD ever in the Playoffs though this year and is decent at picking up the blitz and is cheap.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 08:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't like speaking in absolutes. Especially when Evans was just a 6th round pick. No guarantees we stick with him or view him as the future #2. Maybe he is, but to assume so is foolish, IMO.

I’m betting they draft
1. OT
2. CB
3. S ( if Bates franchised)
4. DT
5. OG
6. OT
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 01:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I have yet to see the reverse angle on this pass to Perine...was it really catchable?? It appears it was from the angle everyone is seeing.
But yes, even a dive from him to attempt a catch would have been a better look on that play. Just wondered if Evans was in there what would outcome have been??

No. It was about 5 feet away from him.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 11:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. It was about 5 feet away from him.

I disagree. The ball hit the ground maybe a couple of feet in front of him.  If he dives he gets his hands on it.

https://imgur.com/a/rzabgtD
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 12:02 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I disagree. The ball hit the ground maybe a couple of feet in front of him.  If he dives he gets his hands on it.

https://imgur.com/a/rzabgtD

This is the ball before it hits, about 2' off the ground.

[Image: cant-catch1.jpg]

This is the ball as it hits the ground. 

[Image: cant-catch2.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 09:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m betting they draft
1. OT
2. CB
3. S ( if Bates franchised)
4. DT
5. OG
6. OT

I am hoping they draft:

1. BPA
2. BPA
3. BPA
4. BPA
5. BPA
6. BPA

Ties go towards the dumpster fire (OL).
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 01:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is the ball before it hits, about 2' off the ground.

Turns out Chase was open.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 03:32 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Turns out Chase was open.

Yep. That's the game winner if they slow Donald down and Joe flushes to the right from the pressure.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 01:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is the ball before it hits, about 2' off the ground.

Holy shit that is a whole lot hell closer than I thought. **** you Perine. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 04:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They aren’t drafting a running back. You can bet they ramp up Evans.

Definitely can't say that, but you might be able to say they won't draft one early.
RBs are some good value in the late rounds compared to some other positions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Definitely can't say that, but you might be able to say they won't draft one early.
RBs are some good value in the late rounds compared to some other positions.

IF a guy like Jerome Ford is there in the fifth round then I absolutely take him. 

Mixon is signed for two more years and most likely won't get another contract from us based on that's the same time Burrow and Chase will be needing to be re-signed. We should have a guy on the roster like Ford (or someone else) who can step in and take the bulk of Mixon's carries for cheap. If not drafting one this year then def next year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 03:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IF a guy like Jerome Ford is there in the fifth round then I absolutely take him. 

Mixon is signed for two more years and most likely won't get another contract from us based on that's the same time Burrow and Chase will be needing to be re-signed. We should have a guy on the roster like Ford (or someone else) who can step in and take the bulk of Mixon's carries for cheap. If not drafting one this year then def next year. 

Really liked what I saw from Jerome Ford this last year. Lots of great players coming out from the Bearcats.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 11:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Holy shit that is a whole lot hell closer than I thought. **** you Perine. 

I think what you mean to say was, that's a whole lot further away than it looks from behind him. 

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 11:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Holy shit that is a whole lot hell closer than I thought. **** you Perine. 

I get that people will see what they want to see, but there is no way in hell Perine is getting that. That is significantly further away from him than I thought it was. From the broadcast view, it looked like it landed at his feet. Looking at this here, he had no chance. That ball is a good 7-8 feet away from him. 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 01:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm ready to move on from Perine and either give Chris Evans a bigger role or bring in a FA to help with 3rd down/blocking reps.

Perine made too many mistakes during the playoffs for me to ignore. Just boneheaded stuff - either running the wrong play at times, missed catches that lead to interceptions, or showing lack of effort. If you watch the tape of him in the SB, I think his reps were sloppy at times or showed lack of effort...and this is a reflection of him throughout the entire year/playoffs.

I'm just to the point where we could do better. Perine is bad.

He isn't bad, but he isn't nearly as explosive as Evans, nor is he the receiving threat.  I LOVE Evans....and I hope he gets more practice reps and a bigger role. 

Dude ALWAYS contributed on teams as well.  I love his heart and his athleticism.  Wait until he takes a screen against the Rats early next year to the house and everyone will jump on board. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 07:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He isn't bad, but he isn't nearly as explosive as Evans, nor is he the receiving threat.  I LOVE Evans....and I hope he gets more practice reps and a bigger role. 

Dude ALWAYS contributed on teams as well.  I love his heart and his athleticism.  Wait until he takes a screen against the Rats early next year to the house and everyone will jump on board. 

Yeah, was waiting for that big play from Evans. Didn't happen this year, expect some big plays from him next season.

Another explosive weapon for Defenses to have to account for.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 03:32 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Turns out Chase was open.

He was not open in the sense of Joe under pressure and delivering the ball.. hell he short hopped it 5 or so yards, hell Perine is open too... how in gods name is going to send it 30 yards.. lol
Reply/Quote
I am not going to bash Evans, but I don't understand all the love and hype he gets around here. He did nothing in college to justly it.

Reminds me of when everyone was loving on Adeniji for his amazing footwork.
Reply/Quote