Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perine
(03-08-2022, 04:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just talked to somebody that would definitely know. He says Perine plays on every special team and is the best short yardage runner and has better upper body strength than Evans or Perine. Evans not as good between the tackles. He’s cheap too.

Perine might be the best short-yardage runner the Bengals have, but that doesn't mean he's good.
The multiple occasions of not being able to pick up the 1st down on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 in the playoffs will always stick out in people's minds for Perine.
I do agree though that none of Mixon, Evans, nor Williams are power backs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir SHRacer, this is what I saw. That is pretty damn good anyway. Cool

Okay fair enough. Still, it isn't doing "nothing" in college like Fred said.

We got another Michigan RB (Chris Perry) that was much more "used up" in college and couldn't stay healthy in the NFL.  He did have one huge season where he had something like 55 receptions out of the backfield and helped to make that team really explosive.

Just saying...lots of college action isn't always something I want in my RB.

Look at Alvin Kamara....not much usage in college, but wow has he been a hit in the NFL.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We got another Michigan RB (Chris Perry) that was much more "used up" in college and couldn't stay healthy in the NFL.  He did have one huge season where he had something like 55 receptions out of the backfield and helped to make that team really explosive.

Just saying...lots of college action isn't always something I want in my RB.

Look at Alvin Kamara....not much usage in college, but wow has he been a hit in the NFL.  

I think it is a big reason why Mixon and Perine have lasted as well. Mixon spelled Perine at Oklahoma like Perine is doing for 
Mixon here. It is a good thing for a RB to not have too much tread on their tires in college. When you look at RB's coming out
I look more at talent than I do just plain production. 

You have to look at the OL that was in front of them, burst, speed, vision, hands and most importantly blitz pick up.

I wanted Kamara in that draft myself, but Mixon and Cook were my main guys in the 2nd who were only falling cause of off
the field issues.
Reply/Quote