Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitt Game
I'd be content if we have no injuries to our major players.

Just get horrid vibes when we play these jerkfaces.

What's your initial thoughts going into Pitt?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:12 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd be content if we have no injuries to our major players.

My first thought is that I am pretty happy we are 1-0.  I don't usually predict too many road wins against good teams.  The first stretch of the schedule is pretty tough.  I don't expect to see a win next week, but you never know.
Reply/Quote
I'm honestly considering not watching the game next week and just checking the score afterwards.

My blood pressure can't handle it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Wheaton isn't even cleared to play us next week. If he doesn't play they won't have very much to work with. They will only have Ben and Brown. Their pass defense is bad too. I think we go in there and win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I sure hope we get Dennard back for before pitt.

I am going to puke if dre kirkpatrick is lined up against AB
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:17 AM)Gohards Wrote: I sure hope we get Dennard back for before pitt.

Doubtful.  Dennard will sneeze too hard and be out another month.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have Dre than a Dennard with no Preseason reps.

DId you guys watch the game? Dre saved our assess in those redzone stops.
Reply/Quote
My initial thoughts are that I hate Pittsbutt with a passion. I hope we beat them to a pulp in a total blowout. I dont want them to win a single game ever again-- heck I dont want them to even gain a 1st down ever again against anybody lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:23 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd rather have Dre than a Dennard with no Preseason reps.

DId you guys watch the game? Dre saved our assess in those redzone stops.

The dude draws more flags than a Nascar race.

Definitely not first round worthy
Reply/Quote
1. F them
2. Wish Vontaze was playing so he could lay some wood
3. I hope Hill runs wild
4. F them
Reply/Quote
I am just being thankful that the season is here at last.

Although I do not let the result effect me for more than a few hours after they are over, Bengal games are usually the single most exciting experience in my week. By far. Win or lose they always evoke extreme emotions.

But the Steelers. . .

If I am a "Bengalholic" then Steeler games are like butt-chugging pure grain alcohol.
Reply/Quote
I think we got a shot if we get the run game going. Their D isn't what it use to be. If our o line gets their heads right hill could have a big day
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am just being thankful that the season is here at last.

Although I do not let the result effect me for more than a few hours after they are over, Bengal games are usually the single most exciting experience in my week.  By far.  Win or lose they always evoke extreme emotions.

But the Steelers.  .  .  

If I am a "Bengalholic" then Steeler games are like butt-chugging pure grain alcohol.

Yeah, these games are tough on me.  I like them to be later in the year so I can get somewhat ready for the emotional roller coaster that comes with the Steeler game.  I lost a part of my soul the last time they played.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:24 AM)djam Wrote: My initial thoughts are that I hate Pittsbutt with a passion. I hope we beat them to a pulp in a total blowout. I dont want them to win a single game ever again-- heck I dont want them to even gain a 1st down ever again against anybody lol.

Rock On  More of this.  I wanna see Hunt pickup a tackle and throw him at Ben.  I want to see Hill run all over them.  Let's get past the fretting or worrying about injuries.  I know NY has a great front 7, but time for the OL and company (Hewitt, Uzomah and Kroft, plus the backs) to keep Andy clean. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:12 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd be content if we have no injuries to our major players.

Don't use the restroom after them and wash often
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:17 AM)Gohards Wrote: I sure hope we get Dennard back for before pitt.

Yep! Hopefully the Monday Night game will have worn out the Steelers sufficiently (I didn't say injure... out loud anyway) by the time the Bengals get into town.

There had better be some serious fixes taking place in Cincy this week.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I was more worried about the jets than the steelers. The emotion of 9/11 in New York will probably match the level of this division game. The jets have more playmakers (Marshall, Decker, Forte) and we held them in check with the exception of the latter plus a better defense. It'll be just Ben and brown next week. Pitt with the short week and I don't know if they get a win tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
If our lines play similar to this week, I expect a blowout. 17+ points. Steelers will come out guns blazing, if we can't neutralize the attack, it'll be an embarrassment.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:24 AM)jeremydc Wrote: If our lines play similar to this week, I expect a blowout. 17+ points. Steelers will come out guns blazing, if we can't neutralize the attack, it'll be an embarrassment.

Historically speaking, the biggest improvement you will see in a team is between week 1 and week 2...

I'm sure the scheme will adjust to prevent the abuse of Dalton again, and I was thinking that some of his hot reads might have been less experienced players (Uzo, Boyd, Lafell) so maybe he held on to the ball a bit longer than normal to be sure of the route and avoid a pick. 

Dalton no question had a bit of rust and nerves early on, and got sacked 3 times very early because of this.  He settled down nicely and relied a great deal on Green.  I'm sure he will get in sync with the rest of his team quickly. 

And as far as a 17 point embarrassment goes, this team doesn't get beat by two scores.  I don't think that happened once last year, let alone three scores. 
Reply/Quote
Away games at New York and then Pittsburgh -- ow! I did not think the Bengals would win at NY either because of their history there plus the 911 emotion.

Of course I'm really hoping the Bengals beat Pittsburgh simply because i love to watch the Steelers lose. Cris Collinsworth and his man-crush on Ben Roethlisberger is particularly nauseating, along with their dimwit legion of fans and the highly publicized Steeler mystique.
Reply/Quote