Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitt Game
(09-13-2016, 02:57 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Read somewhere Shazier left with a knee injury, anyone know any more about that? That would be a devastating loss for Pitt, hate to say it but that guy is good.

Shazir said he's fine. Removal was precautionary.
Reply/Quote
Well we won't see Bell getting his bell rung, he'll be on his couch ringing himself with bong in hand.

[Image: LeVeon-Bell-LeGarrette-Blount-marijuana-Memes.png]
Reply/Quote
My Opinion?????

The Bengals will NOT be short for any sort of motivation..

I hope they run Pitt into the dirt..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:32 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I think every divisional game is a statement game.

They can be, but a week 2 matchup just isn't as high pressure a situation as a week 15 game. If there's a statement game in the series this season it's much more likely to be the Week 15 game. Obviously neither team wants to lose the game next week, but the implications of doing so likely aren't nearly what they will be for the loser of the Week 15 game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:19 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Shazir said he's fine. Removal was precautionary.

He was hurt once before and he said he was fine. We will have to wait until game day to find it unless the organization says he's fine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Im not worried about the run because we will play malaluga in this game our best run stuffer. Malaluga can cover williams way better than he csn cover forte which is why he will play. And im not worried about their pass offense without miller or bryant. So overall i think we win by 2 tds.

Doubt it. He has been a liability. Hope you are right though.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My hope is that Jon Gruden doesn't call the game. I pretty sure he wants to have Big Ben's children

Ben is to Jon G what Favre was to Madden.

(09-12-2016, 10:44 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: The Steelers will always be good as long as Big Jen is around. I hate the guy with a passion, but that may have been one of the best franchise draft picks of all time. When he retires that team is going to look completely different.

He's definitely the straw that stirs their drink. They're a 7-9 team at best without him.

(09-12-2016, 11:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If literally every call and bounce of the ball go your way and you're playing that defense, you better put up 38. 

Good point, and even with all the breaks against an inferior team, it was still only a 24-16 lead until they pulled away late.

(09-13-2016, 12:55 AM)treee Wrote: I'm expecting a lot more 3 LB sets Sunday, even if the Stoolers roll out with 3 WRs. I think we'll be ready for the run.

IMO, our games with them seem to start out that way a lot. We stop the run and play off the WRs. Then Ben starts chipping away with short throws, hit on a couple mid-deep throws, then they run more and more as the game progresses.

I'm not too worried about Ben, honestly. He hasn't played all that well against us lately. We have to keep them from running us over.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I really, really hope to see a completely poised Bengals team, not just for this game but from here on out. Play the game hard but unquestionably clean, and take the officials out of the game (at least off of our backs). The Jets game set us on the path for this with the way we overcame early mistakes along with typical early season rough spots. It's time to see our team be leaders in setting a new standard of 'refuse to lose' persistence.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I like the sound of that.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 02:43 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: I really, really hope to see a completely poised Bengals team, not just for this game but from here on out. Play the game hard but unquestionably clean, and take the officials out of the game (at least off of our backs). The Jets game set us on the path for this with the way we overcame early mistakes along with typical early season rough spots. It's time to see our team be leaders in setting a new standard of 'refuse to lose' persistence.

Absolutely, and they won't face a tougher test for this come Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 02:43 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: I really, really hope to see a completely poised Bengals team, not just for this game but from here on out. Play the game hard but unquestionably clean, and take the officials out of the game (at least off of our backs). The Jets game set us on the path for this with the way we overcame early mistakes along with typical early season rough spots. It's time to see our team be leaders in setting a new standard of 'refuse to lose' persistence.

I'd love to see them play the game with a controlled arrogance. Dominate them , say nothing, but have your nose up at them the whole time. Give them a wink and a grin when it's over. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:44 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Doubt it. He has been a liability. Hope you are right though.

You doubt that Maualuga can cover DeAngelo Williams better than Matt Forte?

Forte is the best route running pass catching RB maybe in the entire NFL...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ben is to Jon G what Favre was to Madden.

[Image: fouts-cbs.jpg]

"Challenge accepted,"-Dan Fouts
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 04:22 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: [Image: fouts-cbs.jpg]

"Challenge accepted,"-Dan Fouts

Aw man... forgot about that dooosh. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 07:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Aw man... forgot about that dooosh. 

I've often wondered if his "love" for Roethlisberger is an act. Fouts lives in Eugene, OR so he appears on sports radio a lot and comes off as a genuinely nice guy. Then he gets on TV and proceeds to become a tool.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 04:09 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've often wondered if his "love" for Roethlisberger is an act. Fouts lives in Eugene, OR so he appears on sports radio a lot and comes off as a genuinely nice guy. Then he gets on TV and proceeds to become a tool.

You never know with on air personalities anymore. It's all about the ratings, baby.
Reply/Quote