Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitts in, Parsons out
After watching Parsons against UM and some OSU clips it is apparent that Parsons is a question mark - the issue being we don’t know how he would have progressed this season. In the two games 1.) his edge rush was meh 2.) he was easily misdirected 3.) was indecisive to the point that he lost out on fakes or plays. His athleticism is there and he is good enough to start but top 5? I would be ok with it.

Pitts on the other hand looks like he has HOF athleticism and catch radius. The question of value at number 5 is valid for a TE but he looks like he could play WR. If Smith isn’t there, I would choose Pitts over Chase.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 03:55 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: After watching Parsons against UM and some OSU clips it is apparent that Parsons is a question mark - the issue being we don’t know how he would have progressed this season. In the two games 1.) his edge rush was meh 2.) he was easily misdirected 3.) was indecisive to the point that he lost out on fakes or plays. His athleticism is there and he is good enough to start but top 5? I would be ok with it.

Pitts on the other hand looks like he has HOF athleticism and catch radius. The question of value at number 5 is valid for a TE but he looks like he could play WR. If Smith isn’t there, I would choose Pitts over Chase.

If not Sewell, Chase vs. Pitts will be a tough one.  I really like Pitts, because he offers a dimension that the Bengals have lacked in quite a while.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’d be ecstatic if we take Pitts.

Hard pass on Parsons. And I felt that way even before all these character concerns started coming out.

Even if both Pitts and Parsons reach their full potential who would you rather have; a Travis Kelce type weapon at TE? Or whoever the best stack LB in the league currently is? It probably says a lot that I’m not even sure off the top of my head who that is right now.

We have Kelce vs Gronk in this Super Bowl, and last year we had Kelce vs Kittle. An elite TE is just an absolute matchup nightmare in today’s NFL.

Reply/Quote
I don't want Smith.

Chase vs Pitts.

Anything else they might as well move back.

Of course if they don't succeed in Free Agent O-line they obviously go there.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We constantly get burned by TEs. To have an elite one ourselves that could finally fulfill Eifert’s promise would be mind blowing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Can anyone name the Chiefs LBers?
Can anyone name the Chiefs starting TE?

TE is a difference maker in todays NFL.
You cant accomplish anything without a potent offense.

Kyle Pitts over Parsons..it's not even close
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 10:16 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Can anyone name the Chiefs LBers?
Can anyone name the Chiefs starting TE?

TE is a difference maker in todays NFL.
You cant accomplish anything without a potent offense.

Kyle Pitts over Parsons..it's not even close

The bucks have two stud lbs, one taken in the top 5, that carried them into the SB. Not saying I'd prefer Parsons over Pitts, but worth noting. The bills also took one top ten not too long ago 

At some point we need that alpha dog centerpiece on defense to build around. Haven't had since Tez 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 10:31 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: The bucks have two stud lbs, one taken in the top 5, that carried them into the SB. Not saying I'd prefer Parsons over Pitts, but worth noting. The bills also took one top ten not too long ago 

At some point we need that alpha dog centerpiece on defense to build around. Haven't had since Tez 

And the Bucs are probably going to lose to Travis Kelce and KC...

Anyway, you don’t “need” a stud LB anymore. At least not as much as pass rush and coverage. I think we should let Logan Wilson, ADG, and Pratt develop and see what we have in them before we think about adding yet another young LB.

Reply/Quote
Totally in on Parsons.. looks like an impact LB... will be shocked he does not go in top 4-10... We have sucked at LB too long.. also LBs in top 10 in last 5-7 drafts have been having much success.. just look at what TB is doing with a solid LB core... We need better LBS over better WR right now and just too high a pick for TE especially in our system
Reply/Quote
Would love Pitts, I’ve watched some Parsons game tape and he’s good for sure but don’t want to take him at 5.

It’s Sewell, Chase or Pitts for me. Or trade down if all are gone.
Reply/Quote
We drafted 3 LB's last year but are thin at TE. I'd take Pitts all day over Parsons.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 10:11 AM)pally Wrote: We constantly get burned by TEs.  To have an elite one ourselves that could finally fulfill Eifert’s promise would be mind blowing

Or a LB that can cover them.

The board is kinda fickle. 2 years ago folks were dreaming of Devin's (White and Bush), but both went before our pick at #11; with one going #5OA. You'll see him playing this Sunday.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally in on Parsons.. looks like an impact LB... will be shocked he does not go in top 4-10... We have sucked at LB too long.. also LBs in top 10 in last 5-7 drafts have been having much success.. just look at what TB is doing with a solid LB core... We need better LBS over better WR right now and just too high a pick for TE especially in our system

No they haven’t. At least not if you put any stock in to PFF grades. I think it was Whatever that posted that list of the recently taken high 1st round LBers, and there was a bunch of grades in the 40’s and 50’s. Devin White was a 43.4 this year for example.

LBers takes a lot of time to develop. Idk why you keep trying to argue otherwise.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the Bucs are probably going to lose to Travis Kelce and KC...

Anyway, you don’t “need” a stud LB anymore. At least not as much as pass rush and coverage. I think we should let Logan Wilson, ADG, and Pratt develop and see what we have in them before we think about adding yet another young LB.

Even with garbage at the OT spots?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson looked very good down the stretch and ADG had a few good games late in the year too. The Bengals have a young linebacker core than could really develop Tight End on the other hand.... Drew Sample is a Y and Uzomah never has taken that next step and will be a free agent in 2022 or an easy cut in 2021.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Devon White was amazing this year . Don't care about his PFF grade he was a great blitzer n hard tackler . And Parsons is bigger and faster than White and more explosive. Watch his very last game played he completely dominated the game he's a mix of Larwrence Taylor n Lavar Arrington. Parsons might be best lb prospect to come out in 10 years..
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Even with garbage at the OT spots?

TB does have the advantage there, no doubt.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Even with garbage at the OT spots?

I mean they are still 25-1 in Mahomes last 26 starts. So...its still a pretty likely possibility that they win, and in their lone loss, the other team had to score 40. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:46 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Devon White was amazing this year . Don't care about his PFF grade he was a great blitzer n hard tackler . And Parsons is bigger and faster than White and more explosive. Watch his very last game played he completely dominated the game he's a mix of Larwrence Taylor n Lavar Arrington. Parsons might be best lb prospect to come out in 10 years..

And the exact same can be said for Pitts as a TE. Maybe even longer.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the exact same can be said for Pitts as a TE. Maybe even longer.

My only fear with Pitts is our HC doesn't like to use TEs very much. 
Reply/Quote