Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitts in, Parsons out
(02-03-2021, 08:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:   He had an incident what two years ago.. , a fight between players.. wow that is so unheard of ? and the character issue in that fight was the other player.. what the hell, bring a weapon to a team session...  Please tell me you have more than just that 

It wasn’t just a “fight between players” and you know it. You’re intentionally downplaying what happened. Although, choking your teammate out to the point where he felt the need to pull a pocket knife to defend himself is bad enough. But when you add in all the Jerry Sandusky and simulating prison rape stuff...yikes.

Even if Barber was the main offender, it’s clear Parsons was involved on multiple occasions. He wouldn’t have been named as a party in the lawsuit otherwise.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lawsuit-claims-penn-state-football-players-threatened-sandusky-teammates-hazings-n1115511
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 08:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:   He had an incident what two years ago.. , a fight between players.. wow that is so unheard of ? and the character issue in that fight was the other player.. what the hell, bring a weapon to a team session...  Please tell me you have more than just that 

For one, the fight happened in the academic center.  You're trying to make it out like the guy was carrying a knife in practice and that isn't the case.  Lots of people carry pocket knives.  Second, Parsons started the incident by dumping water on Humphries, then attacked him when Humphries retaliated by dumping Gatorade on him.  Not to mention the sexual assault/harassment stuff.  Ohio State also pulled out of recruiting him and self reported recruiting violations in regard to him after he tweeted that OSU should bench JT Barrett.  So basically, kid doesn't know when to shut his mouth, he's a bully that can dish it out and can't take it, and he's easily provoked to violence.  Way too much of a character risk at 5.
Reply/Quote
Yeahhh...why draft an injury case every year when you can go get a degenerate scumbag? Maybe he makes it to a pro bowl or two before he goes off the rails. I can see it now: he'll show juuuuust enough promise to give the fans hope...and then come the suspensions. Or maybe the arrests. Who knows? Ahhhhhh. It'll be just like the good old days. 

Serious question: who was the last actually good player to come from Penn State? It seems like they're hyped up all the time just to wind up being hot garbage at the pro level. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 06:33 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Yeahhh...why draft an injury case every year when you can go get a degenerate scumbag? Maybe he makes it to a pro bowl or two before he goes off the rails. I can see it now: he'll show juuuuust enough promise to give the fans hope...and then come the suspensions. Or maybe the arrests. Who knows? Ahhhhhh. It'll be just like the good old days. 

Serious question: who was the last actually good player to come from Penn State? It seems like they're hyped up all the time just to wind up being hot garbage at the pro level. 

the RB who broke his leg this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 06:33 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Yeahhh...why draft an injury case every year when you can go get a degenerate scumbag? Maybe he makes it to a pro bowl or two before he goes off the rails. I can see it now: he'll show juuuuust enough promise to give the fans hope...and then come the suspensions. Or maybe the arrests. Who knows? Ahhhhhh. It'll be just like the good old days. 

(02-04-2021, 06:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: the RB who broke his leg this year.

Another one will be playing Sunday. He had a great year too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It wasn’t just a “fight between players” and you know it. You’re intentionally downplaying what happened. Although, choking your teammate out to the point where he felt the need to pull a pocket knife to defend himself is bad enough. But when you add in all the Jerry Sandusky and simulating prison rape stuff...yikes.

Even if Barber was the main offender, it’s clear Parsons was involved on multiple occasions. He wouldn’t have been named as a party in the lawsuit otherwise.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lawsuit-claims-penn-state-football-players-threatened-sandusky-teammates-hazings-n1115511

Not much hear, not really getting any press 2 years ago, guy had a knife is never a good starting point, has not hurt him a bit in being top 10 pick, zero issues with program last 2 seasons etc.. 
Reply/Quote
Arrington has Parson's back:

https://247sports.com/Article/Micah-Parsons-LaVar-Arrington-defenders-character-NFL-Draft-2021-Miami-Dolphins-Penn-State-160104759/

Quote:“I’m not ok with the start of an inappropriate and inaccurate framing of @_micahparsons11 character,” Arrington wrote on Facebook. “I’ve watched this young man grow over the years. He has always been an awesome young man. He graduated school in 3 years HE HAS HIS DEGREE. He leaned on me to learn the ins and outs of how to study and approach the game of football. More importantly he has asked me how to be a better human. I trust him mentoring my son.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 12:45 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not much hear, not really getting any press 2 years ago, guy had a knife is never a good starting point, has not hurt him a bit in being top 10 pick, zero issues with program last 2 seasons etc.. 

I’ve never seen someone make such a big deal out of carrying a pocket knife. And you have no idea if this has hurt him enough to make him drop yet. It might. It might not. Just like your boy bfred would make him answer for opting out, if I’m a GM interviewing him I’m asking about all of this stuff. The choking. The Jerry Sandusky “jokes” the “prison *****” stuff. What happened with Ohio St. All of it. And I for damn sure better see some serious regret and remorse in the kid’s face, and not feel like I’m being given insincere, stock answers on why that stuff shouldn’t stop me from drafting him.

The fact that you’re not even willing to entertain the idea that he’s too much of a risk with a top 5 pick is crazy to me. I don’t know if it’s just stubbornness or what, but if this was one of “my guys” (Sewell, Chase, Pitts, etc) I’d be off of them in a heartbeat.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 01:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Arrington has Parson's back:

https://247sports.com/Article/Micah-Parsons-LaVar-Arrington-defenders-character-NFL-Draft-2021-Miami-Dolphins-Penn-State-160104759/

”Call it what you will but it’s sad that any publications or insiders or anyone would question his character off of false reports. Shame on you.”

Well that’s certainly a bit much. It’s not like it’s been just one thing with this kid. Teams have every right to do their due diligence on such a high pick.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve never seen someone make such a big deal out of carrying a pocket knife. And you have no idea if this has hurt him enough to make him drop yet. It might. It might not. Just like your boy bfred would make him answer for opting out, if I’m a GM interviewing him I’m asking about all of this stuff. The choking. The Jerry Sandusky “jokes” the “prison *****” stuff. What happened with Ohio St. All of it. And I for damn sure better see some serious regret and remorse in the kid’s face, and not feel like I’m being given insincere, stock answers on why that stuff shouldn’t stop me from drafting him.

The fact that you’re not even willing to entertain the idea that he’s too much of a risk with a top 5 pick is crazy to me. I don’t know if it’s just stubbornness or what, but if this was one of “my guys” (Sewell, Chase, Pitts, etc) I’d be off of them in a heartbeat.

it is your opinion is your opinion.. my opinion is based on where he is on what those in the know which by the way is not YOU OR ME.. projected and the story is old... he is projected as a top 5 to 10 pick.. i just don;t see how you can ignore that... now with that said he might fall to top 15 depending on picks and needs.. we will see on draft night..
Reply/Quote
After watching Tampa Bay last night; I'd think twice about pulling Parsons off my Big Board.

TB plays the same Base D we do 4-2-5.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: After watching Tampa Bay last night; I'd think twice about pulling Parsons off my Big Board.

TB plays the same Base D we do 4-2-5.

I said it in another thread, but I don’t think Parsons would look anywhere near as good in coverage as White did last night with the current state of our DL. But man, White is an absolute stud. If we do take Parsons (highly unlikely, imo) I could probably get behind it. Under two conditions though: first, the character concerns are somehow alleviated, and secondly that we hit OL hard in FA.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I said it in another thread, but I don’t think Parsons would look anywhere near as good in coverage as White did last night with the current state of our DL. But man, White is an absolute stud. If we do take Parsons (highly unlikely, imo) I could probably get behind it. Under two conditions though: first, the character concerns are somehow alleviated, and secondly that we hit OL hard in FA.

As usual I agree with Nicomo, I would take Parsons if these things happen. 

Otherwise I take Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Pitts or Chase before going after a LB with character concerns.
Reply/Quote