Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh isn't going. away!
(11-29-2021, 07:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: None of this aged well....lol.

Just gotta hope it ages better than our last sweep of the Steelers and proclamations that we were the new rulers of the North. 

I'm tempted to just say we officially own their asses for the next decade.  Screw it. May as well enjoy this, tomorrow be damned. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Ben Roethlisberger looked awful yesterday. He looks out of shape and he needs to retire so no one will remember him like we remember Elvis on his last tour. If Ben doesn’t get a throw off he gets sacked. If Ben does get a throw off he gets picked. Where once he was known for his elusiveness and ability to escape the pocket he is now as mobile as a fire hydrant.

The Steelers will finish maybe 8-8-1; that’s a bad season for them. Even so, not even girls 18-40 with daddy issues and self esteem problems are scared of Ben Roethlisberger anymore.
(11-29-2021, 11:57 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ben Roethlisberger looked awful yesterday. He looks out of shape and he needs to retire so no one will remember him like we remember Elvis on his last tour.  If Ben doesn’t get a throw off he gets sacked.  If Ben does get a throw off he gets picked.  Where once he was known for his elusiveness and ability to escape the pocket he is now as mobile as a fire hydrant.

The Steelers will finish maybe 8-8-1; that’s a bad season for them.  Even so, not even girls 18-40 with daddy issues and self esteem problems are scared of Ben Roethlisberger anymore.

He looks like an offense lineman out there now.
(11-29-2021, 11:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Just gotta hope it ages better than our last sweep of the Steelers and proclamations that we were the new rulers of the North. 

I'm tempted to just say we officially own their asses for the next decade.  Screw it. May as well enjoy this, tomorrow be damned. 

I'm not counting them out....but the posts about "big brother" are admittedly a little funny after yesterday. 

Full disclosure: in the prediction thread, I said a desperate Stooler team might beat us in a close one. Glad I ain't no Nostradamus. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

(11-29-2021, 11:57 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ben Roethlisberger looked awful yesterday. He looks out of shape and he needs to retire so no one will remember him like we remember Elvis on his last tour.  If Ben doesn’t get a throw off he gets sacked.  If Ben does get a throw off he gets picked.  Where once he was known for his elusiveness and ability to escape the pocket he is now as mobile as a fire hydrant.

The Steelers will finish maybe 8-8-1; that’s a bad season for them.  Even so, not even girls 18-40 with daddy issues and self esteem problems are scared of Ben Roethlisberger anymore.

(11-29-2021, 12:01 PM)Earendil Wrote: He looks like an offense lineman out there now.

Yea, when I see "old" QB's like Aaron Rodgers still out-running DB's to the sideline, and Tom Brady still playing at a high level... then watching Ben Roethilisberger... I feel embarrassed for him.  It's sad, really.
(11-29-2021, 12:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Yea, when I see "old" QB's like Aaron Rodgers still out-running DB's to the sideline, and Tom Brady still playing at a high level... then watching Ben Roethilisberger... I feel embarrassed for him.  It's sad, really.

Nah, it's GLORIOUS!  Tiger

"Better send those refunds..."

Pittsburgh isn't going. away? Pittsburgh has gone away! Rottenbooger is no longer a threat, their offense is on life support and defense is a shell of itself.. That said, never underestimate the NFL's magical marketing department to make a powerhouse out of flea infested kittens.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(11-29-2021, 12:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Yea, when I see "old" QB's like Aaron Rodgers still out-running DB's to the sideline, and Tom Brady still playing at a high level... then watching Ben Roethilisberger... I feel embarrassed for him.  It's sad, really.

If this were any other QB on any other team, I could agree.  Like, Joe Namath in his time in LA.  I still remember as a kid watching that final game of his, when he played on MNF, and where he looked absolutely abysmal.  He was a shell of his former self.  He was benched afterward and never played again.  It was a sad ending to his career and I felt bad for him.  This has changed recently with him hawking that medicare rip-off outfit 24/7, but I digress. 

(11-29-2021, 12:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Nah, it's GLORIOUS!  Tiger

And, that's exactly how I feel.  **** him.  I hope he got home last night and cried himself to sleep in his wife's arms  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet

No he doesn't.  I hope he stays for 5 more years!   Hilarious
I said this in another thread a few weeks ago, but I 'm to lazy to find it. The Steelers have by far the worst roster in the AFC North.

They have the worst QB, the worst O-line and right now probably the worst set of WR.

The defense is bad at the LB spot (I consider the edge guys, lineman and not LB)
The secondary is below average despite having Fitzpatrick.

How they have managed to beat the Bills and the Browns this year is beyond me.

Yeah, he said at the start of the season when he came in a little lighter that he was taking cues from Tom Brady and eating better. Well Brady has been doing that since he entered the league fatboy, you can't eat cheeseburgers your entire career then expect to prolong your career by eating a couple of carrots.
Seems the Steelers issues all stem from not having music at practice

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

the steelers will always hover around .500

thinking they'll finish with anything less than 7 wins from now, until they become a true contender again, is just wishful thinking
(11-29-2021, 05:35 PM)pally Wrote: Seems the Steelers issues all stem from not having music at practice

Haha  Hilarious
You can stick a fork into Ben because he is done and so are the steelers.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(11-29-2021, 05:35 PM)pally Wrote: Seems the Steelers issues all stem from not having music at practice

Like "Titanic" music????? Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

In fairness... Ben's got a lot more miles on him than those two. I'm not gonna attempt to look it up, and it's probably impossible, but I'm confident Ben has been hit exponentially more than Tom Brady.

That and he's fat and outta shape.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Lot of hot - dare I say, reddit takes here.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

(11-29-2021, 11:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: At the beginning of this season, how many people expected us to pull the starters against the Ravens and the Stealers because we were so far ahead in the game?

If anyone says they did, they are a straight up liar...
(11-30-2021, 12:57 AM)Tony Wrote: If anyone says they did, they are a straight up liar...

I didn't say we'd be pulling starters, but i did expect us to sweep them, and split with browns/ravens.