Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh should drop the name "Steelers"
http://www.wtae.com/news/largest-employers-in-allegheny-county/25361654

According to that list of top 50 employers in Allegheny County, only 1 has any affiliation to the once glorious industry that Pittsburgh choose it's football mascot name. Yes, that's right, only US Steel (which only ranks #12 on the list) is the sole remaining company affiliated with steel.

With that said, let's focus the rest of this thread to establish a new nickname for the Pittsburgh NFL team.

I'll get it started. Keeping in the thought of their largest area employers, I'll suggest the Pittsburgh Medical-Banking-Governmentalists. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.wtae.com/news/largest-employers-in-allegheny-county/25361654

According to that list of top 50 employers in Allegheny County, only 1 has any affiliation to the once glorious industry that Pittsburgh choose it's football mascot name.  Yes, that's right, only US Steel (which only ranks #12 on the list) is the sole remaining company affiliated with steel.

With that said, let's focus the rest of this thread to establish a new nickname for the Pittsburgh NFL team.

I'll get it started.  Keeping in the thought of their largest area employers, I'll suggest the Pittsburgh Medical-Banking-Governmentalists.  Ninja

[Image: pghelmet.png]
People who live in Pittsburgh know what I mean... (wink-wink)  ThumbsUp

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Whiners.

/thread
Reply/Quote
Number 19 is the most suiting.

The Pittsburgh Dick's
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 09:20 PM)jason Wrote: Number 19 is the most suiting.

The Pittsburgh Dick's

Nah, leads to much to the potentiality of being complimentary.  For example, when someone calls me a dick, I just glance down, toward my crotch, and say "thank you".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.wtae.com/news/largest-employers-in-allegheny-county/25361654

According to that list of top 50 employers in Allegheny County, only 1 has any affiliation to the once glorious industry that Pittsburgh choose it's football mascot name.  Yes, that's right, only US Steel (which only ranks #12 on the list) is the sole remaining company affiliated with steel.

I'll get it started.  Keeping in the thought of their largest area employers, I'll suggest the Pittsburgh Medical-Banking-Governmentalists.  Ninja

... Said the guy whose team is named after an animal indigenous to Southeast Asia. 
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 09:03 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: ... Said the guy whose team is named after an animal indigenous to Southeast Asia. 

...says the guy whose industry for which his team was named to honor, has been moved to Asia.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh "former Steel-related manufacturers who had their jobs shipped to Mexico and their pensions cleared out who are now laid-off and full of cancer" fits from my experience.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 12:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pittsburgh "former Steel-related manufacturers who had their jobs shipped to Mexico and their pensions cleared out who are now laid-off and full of cancer" fits from my experience.

Perfect.  Will all that fit on just one side of the helmet, though?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 09:03 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: ... Said the guy whose team is named after an animal indigenous to Southeast Asia. 

I was under the impression bengal tigers were from the Indian subcontinent. They took the customer service call center jobs that you got when the mill closed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Oh yeah??? Well you sir are indigenous to the Jerk Store!
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 02:18 PM)jason Wrote: I was under the impression bengal tigers were from the Indian subcontinent. They took the customer service call center jobs that you got when the mill closed.

Fair enough, but my point stands...  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 09:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ...says the guy whose industry for which his team was named to honor, has been moved to Asia.

At least ours honors the history of the region.  Yours honors the history of a different team that made the same weirdly arbitrary choice of naming the team after an animal from the other side of the earth.  
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 03:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh yeah??? Well you sir are indigenous to the Jerk Store!

Well played sir, well played.  LOL
Reply/Quote
In an homage to Ben and Heinz.....

I'm going to refer to them as the Pittsburgh Dirty Pickles.
ThumbsUp

I will say that it would be cool if they were named after the retail chain Target.
That would make it easier for Burfict, if they were running around with bullseyes on their domes.
LOL
Reply/Quote

They should go back to being called the Pirates!  Ninja

But you got me wondering what other teams would be called based on their largest employers in that city:
  • The Cincinnati Krogers?  The Cincinnati Bag Boys? The Cincinnati Grocery Chain?
  • The Cleveland Clinics?  The Cleveland Bed Pans?
  • The Baltimore Investment Managers?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: They should go back to being called the Pirates!  Ninja

But you got me wondering what other teams would be called based on their largest employers in that city:

• The Cincinnati Krogers?  The Cincinnati Bag Boys? The Cincinnati Grocery Chain?
Manziel might have felt better suited if they were renamed to this...

Personally I'm partial to the Cincinnati Toothpaste. Fresh to death.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: They should go back to being called the Pirates!  Ninja

Not bad, let's tweak that to Sackers!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 12:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not bad, let's tweak that to Sackers!

This would depend heavily on which definition of "sack" you are referring to.
Ninja
Reply/Quote

Considering Cincinnati has one of the top zoos in the nation and has Bengal tigers, I'd say that having a tiger mascot is fitting  ThumbsUp

The Pittsburgh Football-Is-All-We-Havers.

The Pittsburgh Piss Colored Towels.

Their stadium should be called the Bar Room Bathroom because no one goes in there and exits without being raped  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote