Poll: Who Will Be the Next Head Coach For the Bengals?
This poll is closed.
Zac Taylor
12.87%
13 12.87%
Eric Bieniemy
45.54%
46 45.54%
Shane Waldron
0.99%
1 0.99%
Vance Joseph
12.87%
13 12.87%
Darrin Simmons
4.95%
5 4.95%
Hue Jackson
11.88%
12 11.88%
Todd Monken
5.94%
6 5.94%
Vic Fangio
0%
0 0%
Pete Carmichael
0%
0 0%
Pat Fitzgerald
0%
0 0%
Dabo Swinney
2.97%
3 2.97%
Kris Richard
0.99%
1 0.99%
Lincoln Riley
0%
0 0%
Tom Herman
0.99%
1 0.99%
Mike McCarthy
0%
0 0%
Total 101 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Place Your Bets...
The name of the next Cincinnati head coach is most likely not on this list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The name of the next Cincinnati head coach is most likely not on this list.

Are you thinking Bill Lazor?  Because if you are then

Sick
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Are you thinking Bill Lazor?  Because if you are then

Sick

Never.

I’m thinking Gregg Williams. Cleveland stupidly won’t retain him.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Never.  

I’m thinking Gregg Williams.  Cleveland stupidly won’t retain him.

Is Williams up for an interview with the Bengals? I think it is stupid that Browns passed on him at least for an interview.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Some of the interviews are for OC and DC positions, disguised as HC interviews.

Carmichael is interesting as HC.

DelRio should at least get an interview. At least as potential DC.

Just as Lewis retained Bratkowski, the new HC will be asked to retain some of the coaches.

But Brown has to be willing to spend money for good coaches.
Reply/Quote
After listening to Lance and Lapham, I am really starting to think that Bieniemy will be the new head coach for the Bengals. I really like Taylor, his cerebral approach notwithstanding, I think the endorsement McVay made for him is of high praise. I would not rule out Monken as the dark horse.

If Monday comes and goes without an announcement, then it bodes well that the new coach will be external.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Is Williams up for an interview with the Bengals? I think it is stupid that Browns passed on him at least for an interview.

I’m not sure. Mike Brown isn’t stupid. He doesn’t know a lot about football but he understands business and hiring practices. He saw what Gregg Williams did in Cleveland — and never forget Mike despises Cleveland on principle.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 06:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I picked Bienemy.  I got a hunch, is all I can say.

[Image: ive-got-a-hunch-hes-due.jpg]

Would like taking this gamble

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not sure.  Mike Brown isn’t stupid.  He doesn’t know a lot about football but he understands business and hiring practices.  He saw what Gregg Williams did in Cleveland — and never forget Mike despises Cleveland on principle.

I think that after 16 years with a defensive minded coach, the hiring committee and Bengal Brass want to go with an offensive minded coach.  This is why I do not think they go after Kris Richard and why Joseph is out of running for head coach.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I voted for Vance Joseph. That's not who I want it to be but who I think it will be. Mike won't pick Hue but will go with another former assistant in Joseph.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The name of the next Cincinnati head coach is most likely not on this list.

Now you have me worried he's going to hire Bob Bratkowski or Paul Alexander. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:58 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I voted for Vance Joseph.  That's not who I want it to be but who I think it will be.  Mike won't pick Hue but will go with another former assistant in Joseph.

I think Joseph would be better than Hue Jackson at this point.  Not sure why though. I can at least rationalize that he did not have a QB in Denver.  I would not be excited by this however.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 12:00 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Now you have me worried he's going to hire Bob Bratkowski or Paul Alexander. LOL

Never. Those two clowns won’t ever be interviewed or even considered.
Reply/Quote
I said Hue Jackson. Prove me wrong MB.
Reply/Quote
Bienemy has only been an NFL OC for one year. He needs more time. We don't know right now if the Chiefs' potent offense is because of his brilliant coaching or just because he has Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 12:25 AM)tBengal Wrote: I said Hue Jackson. Prove me wrong MB.

Mike Brown will hire Hugh Jackman before he hires Hue Jackson.
Reply/Quote
Although I would be satisfied with Bieniemy, I think we will try out Taylor.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 12:39 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Bienemy has only been an NFL OC for one year.  He needs more time.  We don't know right now if the Chiefs' potent offense is because of his brilliant coaching or just because he has Mahomes.

Coaches that have the intangibles to be the head guy don't need experience at a particular job to be successful further up the ladder. He's been a coach in one form or another for 17ish years. He also has endorsements from people in-the-know that he would potentially be a good HC.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Eric Bieniemy's past brushes with the law is going to hurt his chances.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wonder if Eric Bieniemy's past brushes with the law is going to hurt his chances.

The ghost of Chris Henry says no.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote