Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-08-2018, 03:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The Bible also condemns ALL sinners to death, claims that every human being that has ever been born (except Jesus) is a sinner. Ergo, the Bible condemns everyone to death.

Clearly, she is advocating that everyone be put to death, right? Rolleyes

It condemns them to "eventual" death, but not all sins are to be punished by being immediately put to death like it orders in Leviticus for homosexuals (men at least).

Otherwise every person would be put to death at a very young age when they told their first lie.

You know better than this Philos.  Remember when I asked how many Christians would be honest?
(06-08-2018, 04:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, I hope none of your kids ever need an intervention because they're going to find a disrespectful and unloving father. 

Now you are just being ridiculous.

If people respected drug addicts they would not need an intervention.  The only people who need interventions are people who are doing something horribly wrong.

Again, the fact that you think a gay person would feel "respected" by being told that their lifestyle is so horrible that they need an intervention just proves how blind you can be to the way you think.

It is clearly an insult to tell a person they need an intervention.  That is the opposite of respect.
(06-08-2018, 04:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'll pose the same questoin I posed to Dill: Are you saying the only options one has to any ideology are to fully support it or to completely hate and disrespect it? Is it not possible to oppose something without hating or disrespecting it?

Given your stance, I assume you hate and disrespect Christians, Muslims, Republicans, conservatives, Steeler fans, Dalton haters, attorneys you face in court, etc.

I don't tell any of those people they deserve to be put to death for their beliefs.

I don't tell any of those people that they do not deserve equal rights.  And if the Supreme Court handed down a ruling that granted them equal rights I would not start making posts about how corrupt the world is becoming more corrupt in a time of trial and confusion.
(06-08-2018, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It condemns them to "eventual" death, but not all sins are to be punished by being immediately put to death like it orders in Leviticus for homosexuals (men at least).

Otherwise every person would be put to death at a very young age when they told their first lie.

Outside of the Westboro Baptist morons, please show me all the Christians that advocate for the death of gays, children who curse their parents, adulterers, people who engage in beastiaility and the other sins that Leviticus says should be put to death.

(06-08-2018, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know better than this Philos.  Remember when I asked how many Christians would be honest?

Ah yes, call me a liar. Good job. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-08-2018, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now you are just being ridiculous.

If people respected drug addicts they would not need an intervention.  The only people who need interventions are people who are doing something horribly wrong.

Again, the fact that you think a gay person would feel "respected" by being told that their lifestyle is so horrible that they need an intervention just proves how blind you can be to the way you think.

It is clearly an insult to tell a person they need an intervention.  That is the opposite of respect.

So all those family members that want to get their kid/sibling/cousin/etc off of drugs, they are showing hatred and disrespect towards their family member for wanting to intervene in a person's life. It's not out of love that they want to help their family member, nope, it's hatred and disrespect. Gotcha. Like I said, I hope none of your kids need an intervention. I would hate for them to get nothing but hatred and disrespect from their father. ThumbsUp
(06-08-2018, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't tell any of those people they deserve to be put to death for their beliefs.

I don't tell any of those people that they do not deserve equal rights.  And if the Supreme Court handed down a ruling that granted them equal rights I would not start making posts about how corrupt the world is becoming more corrupt in a time of trial and confusion.

So your answer to the questions: Are you saying the only options one has to any ideology are to fully support it or to completely hate and disrespect it? Is it not possible to oppose something without hating or disrespecting it? is Yes to the first and No to the second.

Ok, I got it. You believe if you don't support something you hate and disrespect it. Got it. ThumbsUp
(06-08-2018, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It condemns them to "eventual" death, but not all sins are to be punished by being immediately put to death like it orders in Leviticus for homosexuals (men at least).

You know better than this Philos.  Remember when I asked how many Christians would be honest?

I see no Christians being dishonest in this thread (assuming you are not a Christian).

The Christian reads and believes the bible differently than the atheist. The atheist looks for bits and pieces to contradict (similar to how you respond to many posts); while the Christian reads the word. believes every word of it, and studies to increase their understanding of God's will in it.

She (and Phil) most likely read the part of the bible about the dude named Jesus and understands about forgiveness and man should not stand in judgement of man, She know that she, as well as the homosexual, will be judged by God and no one else. She has chosen not to participate in an activity that she feels she will be judged for and prays that others are made righteous before that day. 

No matter how many times you keep making lies up about this lady woman, putting words in her mouth, drawing false conclusions for her, you cannot change the fact that there is absolutely no evidence that this person has discriminated against anyone.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-08-2018, 09:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It has to deserve punishment in order to be pardoned.

So what is your point?

Changing your words does not mean your question was not answered the first time. You asked does she think sinners deserve to be punished and your question was answered. She thinks the sinner deserves forgiveness, not punishment. 

(06-08-2018, 05:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Changing your words does not mean your question was not answered the first time. You asked does she think sinners deserve to be punished and your question was answered. She thinks the sinner deserves forgiveness, not punishment. 

Only ex-gays deserve forgiveness.  Unrepentant gays deserve to be put to death.  That is what the Bible says and she says the Bible is 100% correct.
(06-08-2018, 05:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So your answer to the questions: Are you saying the only options one has to any ideology are to fully support it or to completely hate and disrespect it? Is it not possible to oppose something without hating or disrespecting it? is Yes to the first and No to the second.

Ok, I got it. You believe if you don't support something you hate and disrespect it. Got it. ThumbsUp

What I am saying is that there is a middle ground where you disagree with another ideology, but you don't go so far as to say they should not have equal rights or that they should be put to death for their lifestyle.

You know I disagree with many parts of the Christian belief system, but you will never hear me saying that they should not have equal rights.  And you will never hear me say they deserve to be put to death for their beliefs.
(06-08-2018, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only ex-gays deserve forgiveness.  Unrepentant gays deserve to be put to death.  That is what the Bible says and she says the Bible is 100% correct.

Repentance is not an act of self incrimination it is a confession to God of one's sins. Only God knows the heart of the sinner. You keep repeating gays deserve to be put to death and that what the bible says. No that's what a Law of Moses said before the birth of Christ and it's what an atheist uses to try and persuade someone not to believe so they will not feel so alone.

The Christian strives to understand the full word of God and his will. This girl felt God granted her a miracle and felt it was not her place to wear garb supporting something she views as a sin. Is she right? Who knows. But we SHOULD try to refrain from demonizing her and making things up about her simply because we do not understand her beliefs.  

(06-08-2018, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If people respected drug addicts they would not need an intervention.  The only people who need interventions are people who are doing something horribly wrong.

Now there is an opinion of yours that I can truly get on board with.  No need to keep spending endless money trying to save them, just let 'em run their course.  They'll end up dead eventually. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-08-2018, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What I am saying is that there is a middle ground where you disagree with another ideology, but you don't go so far as to say they should not have equal rights or that they should be put to death for their lifestyle.

You know I disagree with many parts of the Christian belief system, but you will never hear me saying that they should not have equal rights.  And you will never hear me say they deserve to be put to death for their beliefs.

There is no middle ground to be had when folks of your ilk keep running around telling everyone the Christian believes the homosexual deserves to die. 

Figured this was as good of a place to put this as any:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey-criticized-eating-chick-fil-pride-month-124515593.html

Quote:On Saturday, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey tweeted about using his new Cash app to pay for his meal at Chick-fil-A. It was the kind of tweet that could be easily ignored — if, perhaps, it didn’t happen to be Pride Month, and if Chick-fil-A’s own CEO wasn’t known for his opposition to gay marriage.

Dude cannot eat a chicken sandwich with getting backlash

i feel sorry for her that she thinks that wearing something means shes embracing it, and makes her feel she would be damned to an eternity of hellfire by doing so

why are people so weak
People suck
(06-08-2018, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is no middle ground to be had when folks of your ilk keep running around telling everyone the Christian believes the homosexual deserves to die. 

There is plenty of middle ground between me and a lot of Christians.  Just not the ones who puff up about how every word of the Bible is 100% true.  I can't deal with those extremists.

I am pretty sure there were other Christians on the team that wore the pride jerseys.  They just were not radical extremists.
(06-11-2018, 03:52 PM)Griever Wrote: i feel sorry for her that she thinks that wearing something means shes embracing it, and makes her feel she would be damned to an eternity of hellfire by doing so

why are people so weak

I agree, Just like the link I posted directly above your reply. All dude was doing was getting some food and suddenly he's embracing anti-SSM

(06-11-2018, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is plenty of middle ground between me and a lot of Christians.  Just not the ones who puff up about how every word of the Bible is 100% true.  I can't deal with those extremists.

I am pretty sure there were other Christians on the team that wore the pride jerseys.  They just were not radical extremists.

I am sure there were Christians wearing the jersey, just as I know there are homosexuals that believe the bible is the true word of God. Just because one believes everything in the Old Testament to be true doesn't make them a radical, just not taking into account of God's forgiveness as written in the New Testament makes them a Muslim or Jew. 

So perhaps it's Muslims or Jews you cannot stand as the Christian understands we are no longer under the Law of Moses.

(06-11-2018, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So perhaps it's Muslims or Jews you cannot stand as the Christian understands we are no longer under the Law of Moses.

Whatever.  All I know is Christians spent millions of dollars fighting against giving homosexuals equal rights.

Doesn't sound very forgiving to me.
(06-08-2018, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What I am saying is that there is a middle ground where you disagree with another ideology, but you don't go so far as to say they should not have equal rights or that they should be put to death for their lifestyle.

I agree. Now show me where she said gays should not have equal rights or that they should be put to death for their lifestyle.

(06-11-2018, 03:52 PM)Griever Wrote: i feel sorry for her that she thinks that wearing something means shes embracing it, and makes her feel she would be damned to an eternity of hellfire by doing so

why are people so weak

I don't know if she thinks she would go to hell for wearing something that supports gay pride, but it has become quite common now in America that by just displaying something means you are promoting it - think of the 10 Commandments on a courthouse or a nativity scene in a public square or Christmas carols being sung at school. We've been told for quite a few years now that by allowing these things is the same as promoting them to the exclusion of other religions or religious iconography. I don't see a difference in thinking by wearing a Gay Pride shirt that one is promoting it.

With that said, I agree that people shouldn't be so weak as to allow the wearing of a shirt or the display of the 10 Commandments to affect how or what they believe.
(06-11-2018, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Whatever.  All I know is Christians spent millions of dollars fighting against giving homosexuals equal rights.

Doesn't sound very forgiving to me.

All I know is Christians spent millions of dollars fighting against giving homosexuals special rights.

See, I can do it too. ThumbsUp